Kelly Protest Dismissed 

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Kelly Protest Dismissed
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

A THREE-MAN Confederation of Australian Motorsport panel of race stewards took four hours to decide in Kelly's favour.

Kelly won the V8 title for the first time in controversial circumstances at Phillip Island yesterday after a tangle with Lowndes early in the final race when they were tied on points.

Race officials had ruled Kelly responsible for a third-lap tangle which resulted in Lowndes suffering extensive steering damage.

The Commodore driver was given a drive-through penalty during the race and recovered to finish 18th, while Lowndes struggled and ultimately placed 29th.

A race-stewards hearing immediately after the event decided Kelly's pit lane penalty was sufficient, but Lowndes' team protested, saying it was too lenient as the incident effectively ended their driver's title hopes.

Following today's hearing, chief steward Steve Chopping said that, after considering all the facts, the penalty imposed on Kelly during the race was deemed appropriate and no further action was necessary.

Last edited by Walker on Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 Patrol

QLD, Australia

I knew they wouldnt ova rule it... oh lets get on with our lives.... It will get easier ova time....

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

He needs a rock at next years bathurst, one a tad larger than the famous DJ rock!!!

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Walker wrote:
He needs a rock at next years bathurst, one a tad larger than the famous DJ rock!!!

U mean rock or buckshot?

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

once again it shows CAMS can not be trusted. How many years of s**t do we have to go through cause of the f**k heads.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

one thing though it will go down as the year they won in a dirty way.

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

I think knowing that Holden (Rick Kelly) won the championship due to bad sportsmanship is punishment enough.

You should have heard the Holden fans response today. It was all the same:

"Oh well, if they can't handle a bit of a touch up then they're a bunch of sooks"

OR

"If they can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen"

Admission of guily IMO.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: XH B&S ute, Navara 4x4

Power: 202 rwkw

SA, Australia

Sorry fellas but I reckon they got it right. If it was any other race or it wasn't for the championship the drive thru would've been sufficient so why should the rules change? They don't use a different set of rules in the GF in the footy do they????? Rules stay the same regardless.

You'll ride a black tornado across the western sky

You'll rope an ol' blue norther and milk it 'till it's dry

Bulldog the Diamantina pin its ears down flat

Long before you take this cowboy's hat

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

xhute0 wrote:
Sorry fellas but I reckon they got it right. If it was any other race or it wasn't for the championship the drive thru would've been sufficient so why should the rules change? They don't use a different set of rules in the GF in the footy do they????? Rules stay the same regardless.

Its a f**k load different... if it happened in the middle of the season it would have been "that might be bad 4 lowndes's championship chase"... it was the last race and it was THATS f**k lowndes championship... Rick kelly knew wat he might have lost and did something about it... u have no idea...

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Daggy You are being too one eyed and unreasonable. So you reckon the rules in the GF should change too just cos your team didn't win? If, in the AFL for instance, Big Bazza Hall Ripped thru the centre in the first minute and nailed Ben Cousins and takes him out, what do ya do then? And don't say it is completely different...rules are rules. Simple as that.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

xhute0 wrote:
Daggy You are being too one eyed and unreasonable. So you reckon the rules in the GF should change too just cos your team didn't win? If, in the AFL for instance, Big Bazza Hall Ripped thru the centre in the first minute and nailed Ben Cousins and takes him out, what do ya do then? And don't say it is completely different...rules are rules. Simple as that.

Im a race fan... I like fair races... kelly knew wat he was doin wen he took out lowndes... u cant knock ya championship competitor off the road and win... Schumacker has done this b4 and i thought the exact same thing as i do now... so im not 1 eyed...

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

That doesn't change the rules tho. I don't like Rick Kelly and I'm not happy about the outcome but whinging isn't gunna change it.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Whinging isn't gunna change things but alot of us are p****d how kelly won the championship. This will go down as the year that holden had to play dirty to win the championship.

keep Australia beautiful drive a ford

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

If you look at the incident in isolation then yeah I agree the stewards got it right, but given the HSV team had already been shown the bad sportsman ship flag at least twice over the weekend and handed a drive through for holding lowndes up, plus look at the way Rick kelly muscled his way through traffic to catch lowndes in the first part of race 3. I recal Neil Crompten saying on the comentary that before the race TOLL had told rick they didnt need the car next yeah so Win it or Bin it. Given all these things put together, i think that the stewarding process needs to be reviewed to stop collaboration of teams against individual drivers. I also think the weight of the penalty imposed on Kelly wasnt enough given the effect it had on lowndes.

It just proves how dirty Holden is and what they will/have to do to get a win. i wouldnt be surprised if there arent a few golden hand shakes going on in the back ground that we cant see, because if the shoe was on the other foot, lowndes would not have gotten away with it.

Rick Kelly you are a dirty cheat and a coward, its about time you stood up and took some responsability for your actions and admit your mistakes, until then you will always be a third rate driver, and your trophy will always be tarnished. Good luck next year when you will actually have to win a race in order to win the championship.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

will the racing get better next year? the teams cap has been dropped from $12,000,000 to $6,750,000 to give the lesser likes ago!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next