Post subject: Lowndes!!
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,20 ... 70,00.html

although lowndes insists the comments he made were not directed at v8supercars but at the holden team, you can't help but feel that even if they were directed at the officials, it would be a valid point. ford seem to be getting penalised a lot lately while the hrt/hsv boys are allowed to do as they please. swap cars, swap drivers. anything goes in that camp.

fair enough lowndes stuffed up and went through the chicane and didn't let ingall through straight away but when he came in for the drive through ingall was in front so he obviously let him through later in the lap.

all the previous champions are worthy winners but if rick kelly ends up with this title it shows up how stupid the current points system is. ingall won it in the same style (not winning any rounds or very few). i don't rate him a champion at all.

i think lowndes can hang on though. easily the most talented driver in the sport at the moment. too bad ambrose didn't hang around another year as it would've been good to see a few more head to head with those two.

fingers crossed for lowndsey!

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

These problems arise from the pretext that fans wan't to know the result of the race when they leave the track, and it is not just confined to V8's. In my opinion the fans would be more interested in seeing correct and unbiased results, even if they go against your favourite team. Why can't the penalties be imposed impartially after the event rather than on the track where there is no chance of redressing an incorrect call. Maybe even give the driver the option of taking the penalty then or arguing the case after the race.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Stick it to em Lowndes!

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

If they were the comments showed on tv then i don't think they were that bad to be honest.
It does seem like we're copping it in the a*** though, they all know the new rules on tyre warming yet we have 2 Fords cop a penalty at the same time (Courtney being the other).
Lets hope they're not too harsh and he only cops a fine, we can't afford to lose any points at this stage.

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I dont get this tyre warming fine? when was this? was it the lead out lap before there about to race?

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:28 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL GT - T2 TS50

QLD, Australia

It was when they were lining up on the grid, the argument is that it is dangerous whilst there are people on the grid

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Haha, at least someone has the balls to tell it how it is.

Bathurst and Indy are further proof that AVESCO wants every season to come down to the last round of the series. They will manipulate race results to achieve this - with decisions that favour both Holden and Ford.

It's s**t.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Personalyl I don't see why they can't make comments, so long as there not overly personal (e.g. calling them fat f**k type of thing), I don't see why competitors should have a gag put on them. They should be allowed to comment on anything, from there car, to other drivers, the track, officials, whatever.

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Haha, at least someone has the balls to tell it how it is.

Bathurst and Indy are further proof that AVESCO wants every season to come down to the last round of the series. They will manipulate race results to achieve this - with decisions that favour both Holden and Ford.

It's s**t.

yes it was interesting when they brought out the safety car to clear richards car from the sand after he failed to negotiate the chase but then left his car stranded on the track for 3 or so laps in what i thought was a much more dangerous position.

i think the officials should sit down and watch how some of the other forms of motorsport around the world are run and take notes.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

kinda of a who judges the judge thing.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]