Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

MARCOS AMBROSE FAST FACTS
– Ambrose has earned US$256,368 in 22 starts this season
– Born in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
– Ambrose won two consecutive Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series titles in 2003 and 2004 for Ford
– Drives the #20 Team Australia/Aussie Vineyards Ford F-150 for Wood Brothers/JTG Racing in the 2006 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
– Achieved his best result when he finished third at Kansas Speedway on July 1 in only his ninth NASCAR event. Also finished third in Race 16 in Nashville, his 13th NASCAR event
– Ambrose is one of only two NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Raybestos Rookie of the Year contenders to score a top three finish this season
– Ambrose is the only Raybestos Rookie to capture WIX Filters Lap Leader of the Race honours in the Craftsman Truck Series this season. Ambrose led twice for 49 laps to claim the honor in the Built Ford Tough 225 in Kentucky
– Became the first Australian to lead laps in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
– Is the first non-American driver to finish in the top five of a NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series event since Canadian Ron Fellows won on the Watkins Glen road course on 26 June 1999
– Ambrose won his first Budweiser Pole in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series at Kentucky Speedway on July 8
– Ambrose is the first non-Amercian driver to win a NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series pole since 26 June 1999 when Ron Fellows of Canada qualified first at Watkins Glen International
– This was the first pole for the Wood Brothers/JTG Racing team and the first pole for crew chief Gary Cogswell
– Ambrose has now qualified in the top 10 for eight of his 19 NASCAR starts to date
– scored his third top 10 finish of his rookie season at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, also his third Raybestos Rookie of the Race award
– earned his fourth top 10 finish in his 20th NASCAR start at Texas Motor Speedway
– Ambrose will drive the #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion for Wood Brothers/JTG Racing in the 2007 NASCAR Busch Series

not a bad resume after 1 year in the game. considering he didn't score points in the 1st 3 races thats an outstanding result. missed 2nd in rookie standings by 6 points. only 70odd off the lead.

well done marcos! not sure what the v8 drivers earn but i'd hazzard a guess that its probably less than $US256 grand.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

more info here

http://www.marcosambrose.com/latest_news.asp

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

That's prize money alone as far as im aware. Also got salary and personal sponsorship deals....

Cant wait to watch #59 tearing up the busch series on Fox Sports next year.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

Some of the top drivers in V8's are rumoured to earn close to 1 mill a year in driver payments alone. It would be interesting to know what he earns from the team.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]