Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: More makes in V8 Supercars
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

Ok guys

What are you opinions on other makes being allowed to run in V8 Supercars? Do you think it will happen and when? Should it happen? Most importantly how will it happen?

Will we drop our pants like NASCAR (real spelling BORING) and allow Toyota or any one else for that matter, in even though they don't make a production RWD push rod V8. In NASCAR Toyota is allowed to race what they call a Camry. When was the last time you saw a V8 Camry. Hopefully we won't follow the yanks and basically make the V8s as silhouette formula where they are almost identical underneath with different engines fitted, bodies that hardly-if at all-resemble the production car it's named after-let alone a mechanical configuration that is totally different to that production car-and covered in stickers to make it look like it has lights and grills etc.

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:09 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

not for a while, but i reckon eventually in about 3 or 4 yeas they will do it.... cause there are a few teams pulling out and stuff from what i hear???

Pacey 4499 and 2.5 exhaust single muffler

Alpine head unit and front splits
2x kenwood SVC subs, clarion amp, pretty weak setup,but goes good enough for now

20" fairmont rims, if only they existed

Post subject: Re: More makes in V8 Supercars
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

MAW wrote:
even though they don't make a production RWD push rod V8.

Hopefully we won't follow the yanks and basically make the V8s as silhouette formula where they are almost identical underneath with different engines fitted, bodies that hardly-if at all-resemble the production car it's named after-let alone a mechanical configuration that is totally different to that production car-and covered in stickers to make it look like it has lights and grills etc.

what commodore and falcon can u buy with a 5.0 pushrod V8? none

it is basically a sihouette formula.....ford front ends in both, ford diffs in both, chassis is full custom, engines are aftermarket NON-production car.

they should allow anyone to enter and run DART aftermarket blocks and heads for parity...

IMO a better catagory would be FG typhoons vs VE clubsports....they could acheive easy parity by adjusting the boost in the typhoon and then at least the catagory would have some relevance to being a "production car series"...

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: LTDHO

VIC, Australia

I would be good to see Chrysler in the race, also the cars will need to be more closer to the production counterparts.

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Personally I reckon piss V8 supercards off. Go back to production style racing, so FPVs and HSVs with some modifications (depending on the vehicles and how they perform you can limit the mods to get them to be fairly evenly matched).

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont

ACT, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Personally I reckon piss V8 supercards off. Go back to production style racing, so FPVs and HSVs with some modifications (depending on the vehicles and how they perform you can limit the mods to get them to be fairly evenly matched).

I would watch that. I would introduce more brands as well. No extreme engine or chassis modifications.

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
--------------------------------------
Pacemaker 4499's, Hi-flow cat, 2.5" Redback catback
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Lows all 'round, Monroe's in the front, GSR's in the rear
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's
30mm + 22mm adjustable sway bars.

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:47 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA MkII XR8 and XE Sedan 351

NSW, Australia

Bring back the group C or group A days,various makes,different configurations and maybe even different classes running together,something like the old series production days,it might even make the car brands build limited run,special models,eg Vl Walky or Ford sierra RS500. I heard Mercedes had interest in running in the supercars,they could get cars similar to the German DTM touring cars involved,now that would be interesting!...Vito.

BRING BACK THE CLEVELAND!!!

My daily driver-1995 EF Falcon 5 speed 4lt
My project car/weekend warrior-1982 XE Falcon with 351 clevo power,new target is Sydney Powercruise!!
Now wrecking-1989 EA Falcon s-pack 5 speed CFI

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:

Yep most def, just have production cars running around, including chrysler and who ever else produces a V8. Would be alot more interesteing and brand loyality focused.

Although i do like the v8supercars!!!

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

on a personal note with V8Supercars i would rather see a few of these running around instead of a toyota or magna

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Toyota will no doubt be in the v8 in years to come they are a contender in the F1s and NASCAR etc, so as i have said ages ago on another topic posted about a similair thing toyota will be competing soon enough but the queastion is what platform of car will they use? will they borrow from lexus or use a aurion or camry or bring out a new familair car similair to a ford and holden (a rear wheel drive 6 or 8)

mitsubishi i doubt will ever get into supercars as i havn't heard nothing but rally motorsports related events nothing tarmac related.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

castlegreyskull wrote:
twr7cx wrote:

Yep most def, just have production cars running around, including chrysler and who ever else produces a V8. Would be alot more interesteing and brand loyality focused.

Although i do like the v8supercars!!!

Why limit it to V8's? Make it open, so Toyota can run there supercharged 6 cylinder and Ford can run the F6.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:31 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

i would only rather see V8's run around. not a fan of the 6's. just personally.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:32 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

MRE-50L wrote:
on a personal note with V8Supercars i would rather see a few of these running around instead of a toyota or magna

That looks sweet dave. you got anymore pics of that? i would love to see these running around in the supercars.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

WA, Australia

i doubt any of the current drivers are going to want to move move from driving 600hp race cars to street cars. it would be like they are going down a giant step in their racing careers

v8 supercars should always remain ford v holden, they should remain as fast and as loud as possible because those 3 things are what pulls the fans.

honastly watching street spec cars around a track is f**k boring because they look so slow!

im all for a different catagory that can include any production car sold in australia, but it cant replace the V8's!!

BA Fairmont Ghia
Optioned.
V8.
Superlows.
18's

Alot to come

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

the whole idea of having stockish cars racing would be like seen grass grow.. i love the v8's but the whole ford vs holden is gettign old really...

ford vs toyota vs holden would really change it up (until toyota starts to dominate or something and i will say "f**k"lol)

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next