Fordmods Logo

Newcastle Motor Racing Complex needs our support!!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Newcastle Motor Racing Complex needs our support!!!
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I happen to work with a Newcastle MG Car Cub member and he brought this to my attention, please check out what the club is trying to create, this might be our last chance to get a motorsport complex north of Sydney, without having to QLD.

1st April 2008.

Support the Ringwood Park Motorsport Complex.

The DA for the Motorplex Ringwood Park Development upgrade has been readvertised in the Port Stephens Examiner on Thursday 20 March 2008 by the Port Stephens Council (PSC). Revised plans and the Species Impact Study are on display and the Council has asked for written submissions.

We are asking everyone (especially those who live in the Port Stephens Council area) to support Motorplex and the MG Car Club Committee by writing to the council expressing your SUPPORT for this project.

Facts that may be mentioned, preferably in your own words:

The revised plans seem to be designed to minimise the affects on all the threatened species populations, their habitats and the ecological communities. The proposed planting of additional flora and trees will significantly enhance the quality of all the Endangered Ecological Community areas.

· Venue for safe Senior & Junior driver development.

· Venue for awareness & defensive driving training.

· Police, Fire, Ambulance & Australia Post.

· High School driver education programs.

· Corrective Services (from the court system).

Increased tourism, revenue and employment for the Raymond Terrace and surrounding areas.

Venue for drivers from Central Coast, Newcastle, Upper & lower Hunter Mid North Coast as well as Port Stephens to compete in club level motorsport in a safe & controlled environment.

Venue for Hunter region bicycle road race training & events (safe & off the roads).

The land is already council approved and used for motorsport (including the drag strip in 1989)

This may be your last chance to give your opinion to the council. Don't let all our effort of the past seven years be in vain.

This effort has already cost over three quarters of a million dollars let alone the half million dollars plus, cost to the PSC. Much of this could have been used to upgrade the facility.

Also tell the council that you like to address the court about your concerns. (objectors, such as the C.R.A.B.S., group will be doing so). We must not be outnumbered.

Written letters or emails (submissions) must contain your name, address and phone number & have to be received by the council before the 20 April 2008.
Post letters to :

DA NO: 16-2002-42-1

Attention Scott Anson

P.O. BOX 42

Raymond Terrace

NSW 2324

Emails send to:

council@portstephens .nsw.gov.au

also cc to:

Ringwood-park-submissions@hotmail.com

(this will allow us to monitor the submissions the council receives)

Send this information to all in your "address book", and then ask them to send the information on to all in their "address books".

http://www.mgcarclub.com.au/htmpages/rngWd/rngWd.htm

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: -74 XB Coupe

NSW, Australia

i emailed this hope it gets off the ground this time 8-)

Quote:
To Whom this may concern,
I am a Homeowner, ratepayer and long time resident of Raymond Terrace. I would like to voice my support for the motorsport complex proposed for just Nth of Raymond Terrace. I belive it would be a great assset to the Port Stephens reigon and help to generate a great deal more visitors to the area and in turn a financial boost to many buinesses in the area.
The whole HunterValley, Central Coast, Mid Nth Coast and Port Stephens area have been crying out for a quality motorsport facility for a long time. I am a motor sport enthusiast and am currently the NSW delegate for an australia wide classic car club, (www.aussiecoupes.net) and i firmly believe that the construction of a quality motorsport facility will help clean up the streets of these so called "Car Hoons". I do not condone or encourage any type of car racing on public roads but i do believe that people who enjoy motorsports of any type need a facility to participate in their chosen Hobby/Sport in a safe and controlled manner.
I would be more than happy to attend any forum/Meeting to lend my support in person. I believe my points raised above are strong points for the approval of the motor sport complex and the benifets to the local port stephens community will far outweigh negative issues that are raised against this proposal.

Thank You

Aaron Murphy

NSW Delegate Aussie Coupes
Raymond Terrace Resident

2006 BF MkII FPV F6 TYPHOON 6sp Manual
Nizpro Injectors, Nizpro Polished Stage 2+ cooler,
X-force 4"dump pipe & 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, Walbro fuel pump
Tunning by BlackTrack Performance.
507.1 RwHp

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

thanx for bringing this to my attention,
me and the missus are going to send letters of support.
newcastle has been shight with the lack of a motorsport complex plus the close of the speedway.
get behind it guys sydney is way to far away .
plus the commonwhore drivers of the hunter need their as ses handed to them in a leagal environment.
i dont see how terrace residents can complain about noise what with the raaf base and all :wink:

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:59 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

yep this is tur mystro, noise up there is noisy as sometimes. but i doubt this will ever get off the ground. There is too many wingeing b**ch out there. f**k i hate them.

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]