Fordmods Logo

P Plates On A Cop Car 

Page 3 of 8 [ 108 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Quote:
xcabbi Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris what would happen if you revved your P plater equipped unmarked car up at the lights next to a ham fisted youth with little car control skills and he took off, crashed and died.

well im not sure any cop would even do this

Chris

Toyota TRD Aurion

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:00 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

ChrisRaby wrote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris what would happen if you revved your P plater equipped unmarked car up at the lights next to a ham fisted youth with little car control skills and he took off, crashed and died.

but what if?

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BAII XR6T

NSW, Australia

yea the green VE and blue F6 get around penrith with p - plates, every thursday at Penrith Maccas and Nepean river

FOR SALE BAII XR6 TURBO

Build Thread StrawbZ AU XR6 & BAII XR6T

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:38 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

well quite obviously the incident would be investigated and the police involved would be brought before a court if they were in the wrong. but seeing as how this is not a police tactic, i cannot see it happening.

but then again, the police are not likely to be charged as there is no law broken, no offence committed

Chris

Toyota TRD Aurion

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

what personally pisses me off is the police officer's selective hearing. People are getting done for excessive noise and loud exhausts in their cars, but bikies seem to get away with shaking the earth with a harley no problems

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont

ACT, Australia

Too scared to stand up to the bikies, maybe?

When did revving your car at the lights and inciting dangerous behaviour/negligent driving not become a crime? I'm gonna start up everyone I come across now! No need to actually race them, I'll just feel good knowing I'm not breaking the law, but inciting others to and getting away with it.

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
--------------------------------------
Pacemaker 4499's, Hi-flow cat, 2.5" Redback catback
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Lows all 'round, Monroe's in the front, GSR's in the rear
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's
30mm + 22mm adjustable sway bars.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

ChrisRaby wrote:
Quote:
WazUte Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:30 pm Post subject: P Plates On A Cop Car

i was coming home from the drags on dec 28th at eastern creek, and what do i see, a red p plater pulled over by an undercover police car. it was a lime green VE commodore, as i drove past it, still checking it out, the commodore had a set of "GREEN P PLATES". how unfair is that. so keep an eye out...

as a police officer myself, i feel obliged to defend my job. sorry mate but this is in no way unfair, as a matter of fact, we are verry fair to be putting up with the stuff we cop everyday to make a living. dont speed or hoon, and you wont get in trouble :)

what a load of s**t. my mates paperwork saying he was a fully licensed driver went to his old address so he was driving around with P plates on a full license, got pulled up and got a 116 dollar fine for displaying p plates when not needed. i hope these cops get the fine. of course they won't, BECAUSE THE COPS THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW! and they can go around picking on P platers and being lippy pricks

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Ill first just say that i am all for police doing there job and doing it right.

But the displaying of P or L plates on a vehicle that is being driven by a fully licenced driver is illegal.

Police are not above the law (if anything are scrutinised by it more) so i do not see how they can legally be driving around in cars that ' P ' platers are legally prevented to drive and displaying p plates, when they are obviously fully licenced drivers.
I personally have not seen any of these cars, but would suggest to the people who have and who know what they are looking for, to Carry around a video camera (or use your mobile if it takes good footage) and get these officers and cars on film and submit it to today tonight or aca and get these guys investigated and turn it back around onto them rather than have the focus on the 'hoons' all the time.

I would love to sit next to one of these guys and when they "rev" their engine, i "rev" mine, and when the lights go green, take off niiice and slow. Get these guys on film and take that to the police station and t/t & aca. This cracking down on hoons is getting beyond a joke and unfortunately it is us responsible hoons that suffer.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

FLASH wrote:

I would love to sit next to one of these guys and when they "rev" their engine, i "rev" mine, and when the lights go green, take off niiice and slow. Get these guys on film and take that to the police station and t/t & aca. This cracking down on hoons is getting beyond a joke and unfortunately it is us responsible hoons that suffer.

I would also like to see this, but i can see 1 flaw in it. The officer stupid enough to do this would probably get p****d at it, and still book said driver for "undue noise" or something, just because you didn't bite.

Not likely, but that'd be my luck anyway.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

InspectorRectum wrote:
ChrisRaby wrote:
Quote:

but what if?
I bet you're dying to find out ay inspector?... any excuse to slip on those rubber gloves. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon UTE

NSW, Australia

FLASH wrote:
Ill first just say that i am all for police doing there job and doing it right.

But the displaying of P or L plates on a vehicle that is being driven by a fully licenced driver is illegal.

Police are not above the law (if anything are scrutinised by it more) so i do not see how they can legally be driving around in cars that ' P ' platers are legally prevented to drive and displaying p plates, when they are obviously fully licenced drivers.
I personally have not seen any of these cars, but would suggest to the people who have and who know what they are looking for, to Carry around a video camera (or use your mobile if it takes good footage) and get these officers and cars on film and submit it to today tonight or aca and get these guys investigated and turn it back around onto them rather than have the focus on the 'hoons' all the time.

im with FLASH on this one. it is illegal for fully licenced drivers to display p plates, so why are the cops allowed to do it, when on paper, it is a bookable offence.

kinda on the same subject, i see police cars speeding past me all the time, and then, down they road, the same police car in the maccas carpark. ive also seen highway patrol cars, with the driver on his mobile phone. im all for police enforcing the law, but since when are the police allowed to break the law, and five minutes later they are booking someone for something they did five minutes before. they should be setting an example, not being hypocrites.

AUII Falcoon Ute
5spd, Lowered, 2 1/2in Exaust, Genie Headers, XR6 Turbo Intake Snorkel, Au Series 2 17in Tickford Rims

www.myspace.com/wazza13

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

exactly. i see them breaking traction all the time. leaving the local hang out spot car park by doin a illegal u-turn. doing a illegal turn out of the cop compound. it's a load

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Probably the same blokes who would let you off with a friendly warning! LOL

Come on guys, you're making it sound like it's you against them. don't get to personal otherwise the read up on this and make everyones life miserable. don't you wankers think ahead?... what happen to turning a blind eye? LOL

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

InspectorRectum wrote:
ChrisRaby wrote:
Quote:

but what if?

No one has died yet but they have actually done this.

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Question: What if your a P Plater Coppa? Do you drive with P's while on patrol? Or take them off... being a cop.

I heard once that in the army, you advance to a full licence.. could be very wrong, but mayb cops get some sort of simalar thingo when on duty.

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 8  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next