Speed and redlight camera ACT 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Speed and redlight camera ACT
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:25 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

Gday everyone,

Been on holidays in canberra, (turned out not to be so great with the girlfriend in hospital).

Anyway i went through an intersection on Hindmarsh Dr, and i think Tuggeranong Parkway for those who may be familiar with the ACT. As i was approaching the intersection i noticed the camera in the middle of the road facing my side so i glanced at my speedo which said 75-78KMH in an 80KMH zone, and i dabbed the breaks before i went through to about 72KMH about 10M BEFORE entering the intersection. at about this time the light went orange, i went through with a car next to me well before the red and below the speed limit, yet about 20-50M past the intersection i saw the Flash operate on the camera. There was no one behind me.

I am absolutly bloody sure i was doing under 80 KMH and the light was definatly yellow when i entered the intersection and not red for a few seconds after. If i doubted this id cop it sweet on the chin and move on.

So my question is why would the camera operate? Do they flash on yellow? And if i get a fine in the mail do i have a leg to stand on? would i be busted if it turned red as i exited the intersection?

Im kinda worried about this as im on my Ps and i rely on my licence.

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Post subject: Re: Speed and redlight camera ACT
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

bennomate wrote:
Gday everyone,

Been on holidays in canberra, (turned out not to be so great with the girlfriend in hospital).

Anyway i went through an intersection on Hindmarsh Dr, and i think Tuggeranong Parkway for those who may be familiar with the ACT. As i was approaching the intersection i noticed the camera in the middle of the road facing my side so i glanced at my speedo which said 75-78KMH in an 80KMH zone, and i dabbed the breaks before i went through to about 72KMH about 10M BEFORE entering the intersection. at about this time the light went orange, i went through with a car next to me well before the red and below the speed limit, yet about 20-50M past the intersection i saw the Flash operate on the camera. There was no one behind me.

I am absolutly bloody sure i was doing under 80 KMH and the light was definatly yellow when i entered the intersection and not red for a few seconds after. If i doubted this id cop it sweet on the chin and move on.

So my question is why would the camera operate? Do they flash on yellow? And if i get a fine in the mail do i have a leg to stand on? would i be busted if it turned red as i exited the intersection?

Im kinda worried about this as im on my Ps and i rely on my licence.

why slow down?it calculated time to cross and -red light,if you where in and going out at 80-ok

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:08 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

Thanks uniacidz yeh thats the camera. I dunno about getting someone to cop the fall for me of I get fined I'll take it it's my responsibility. But thing is I know I wasn't speeding and I entered on the yellow. And why did it flash so late :S

To be honest I dunno why I slowed down I did it without thinking really. Bloke next to me could have been speeding maybe. Doubt it I think we were doing the same speed and It was an EB wagon/a*** (I think that's how you spell it).

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, NCII V8

SA, Australia

its happened to me before.

was doing about 55 in a 60 light went orange as i was about 2m from the intersection so i went through, it flashed it was just me on the road (late at night), never got a fine or anything was a few months ago.

I think that its set to go off after the light turns amber, they will get the photo and see were u are in the intersection, for instance if your front wheels are just over the line then it might not of been deemed save to travel across the intersection as the light might of gone red before you got to the other side, but if ur near the end then should be fine and they wont fine you,

im not sure how it works its just a guess.

i always run the amber its better than slamming the breaks on and getting rammed up the back by a truck that could not stop in time or something

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:53 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el falcon

ACT, Australia

Its nothing to be worried about mate. I drive that intersection everyday on my way home from work and as wtbdlltd said it flashes every time the lights change even if there is no cars around no matter the time of day. I use it to jump in front of traffic before the form one lane 100m round the corner.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:08 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

Concur with above - the light will flash every time each light goes red and catches cars in the intersection. It MAY be a speed camera; however, I believe it is a red light OR Speed as TAM's has to change the camera to do either/or. The two on the Parkway flyover are speedies and the one opposite the Kambah Woolies Caltex on the parkway is a dual.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

I third that, it is both speed and redlight so the redlight function flashes at each yellow to red as it needs it exactly timed so the picture sees the cars wheels to determine an infringement.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]