Fordmods Logo

Time to get rid of that track! 

Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Time to get rid of that track!
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yes thats right the Gold Coast street race needs to go.
No, I'm not sore that Ford didnt win. I am just stick of that street race circuit because there is stuff all room to overtake. It pretty much up to crashes and pit stops to change the order of the starting grid.
The Lowndes/Bright scrap was good but if there had been room to overtake Lowndes would of got through.
Maybe do a double stint at the Queensland Raceway or somewhere else because I reckon that street track is s**t and a boring race to watch.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Its not so bad to watch, plenty of tuslling and tight corners. But there definately isnt enough room for overtaking. Like the lowndes incident on the second last lap. theres no way he could have made it through the chicanes, the other car was up the curbs himself!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Your right maybe it wasnt boring but it still a piss poor track.

EL XR8

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

I get where you're coming from, it's an extremely hard place to overtake, you have to hope you jump them in pit stops or they make a big mistake.
I don't think it's boring, the scrap with Lowndes and Bright was great to watch, i would have hoped that Bright would have thought about the Ford championship and let him go by, that drive through absolutely f**k Lowndes and now he has to work harder over the next 3 rounds.

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: XH B&S ute, Navara 4x4

Power: 202 rwkw

SA, Australia

I gotta say I am not a big fan of the track. If you get rid of that track though bring back Mallala. One of the best spectator tracks in Australia (in my not valued opinion :lol: ). If you can get a seat on the hill you can see the whole track. 8-)

You'll ride a black tornado across the western sky

You'll rope an ol' blue norther and milk it 'till it's dry

Bulldog the Diamantina pin its ears down flat

Long before you take this cowboy's hat

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

certainly isnt a good track for faster drivers/cars behind slower cars/drivers... GO LOWNDES!!

Post subject: ??
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1990 EA Spac

NSW, Australia

Then you get idiots like INGALL who didnt give Loundes any room and they you have the D H's in race control who gave instant penalty because he did not redress the situation. V8 rules are bloody stupid, why would you want to slow down in the twisty parts to redress and get 3 other cars take advantage of your slow circuit speed. The main straight or back straight is where it needs to be done like the CART guys do. I love the V8's but the rules are very sus. Ingall does not do himself any favours by the way he drives

Drive safe, arrive alive

EA Spak EL dash and interior, thermo's,BBM, EF head and cam, superlows,

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

There wasnt any other cars on the track close enough to take advantage if Lowndes let Ingall passed him. Lowndes should of let him past but alas he didnt.
No point crying over spilt milk.

My main point which I will repeat again is the street race at QLD needs to be dumped.

EL XR8

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I agree. Otherwise make it just a feature race, i.e. no or lower championship points (if I remmeber right there's an event like this at the begining of the year). Reason I say that is that Indy is an international event and I'm sure it's good for publicity of the V8Supercars having them there.

Post subject: Re: ??
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

falconea wrote:
Then you get idiots like INGALL who didnt give Loundes any room and they you have the D H's in race control who gave instant penalty because he did not redress the situation. V8 rules are bloody stupid, why would you want to slow down in the twisty parts to redress and get 3 other cars take advantage of your slow circuit speed. The main straight or back straight is where it needs to be done like the CART guys do. I love the V8's but the rules are very sus. Ingall does not do himself any favours by the way he drives

Ingall didn't do anything wrong, he had the inside line and Lowndes had to give, he is racing for a place in the championship.
Bright on the other hand isn't a contender which is what p****d me off.
I was as p****d at him as what i get with Paul Morris, he can be a lap down and blocks front runners... Total f**k that bloke!

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

I'm not a fan of street circuits (bar adelaide) full stop, mind you some of the dedicated track circuits out there (read perth) and just as crap!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Yeah Wanneroo Raceway is s**t. I feel sorry for the drivers and teams to come all the way over here for our pathetic track.
Maybe we should have Bathurst again for every track we dont like. It doesnt have to be 1000.

Have 3 Bathursts in a year. One Bathurst 1000 and two Bathurst 300s. But Queendland has to go and it may as well take Wanneroo with it.

EL XR8

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Back in the 90's Bathurst was also one of the sprint rounds, so it was 2 trips a year up there.

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

we've got plenty of space up in the hills here Timmeh, we could create an awesome track with plenty of opportunity for passing and great racing!!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

True Happy true, but imagine the whinging from the people who live in the hills who are used to it being extremely quite. It would only take 1 person to complain to a council that is stupid enough to believe the whole of WA has something against it because 1 person complained and it wouldnt go ahead.

But apart from that little whine I just had thats a great idea. Imagine V8s whooping down the zig zag.

EL XR8

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next