Unlicenced driving/Police -Please Answer 

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XD ex interceptor

VIC, Australia

huggiebear wrote:
i got busted a few years back.

they take your car and sell it, including all the stuff inside, you cant take anything out of it (stereo etc)
i was told i couldnt get my license for 2 years, but never got an official letter stating it. i think if you havnt paid the fines you cant, but if its in spur or paid you can get them.

DUDE YOU GOT HAD!!

no way that could keep ya s**t legaly!!! not b4 the hoon laws come out.

you got a** f**k by a bent cop..and he took ya for every thing!

turbo's are fun,but i can't wait to play with my d**k

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

You Young blokes definitely live in a different time than what I did when I was your age. If the current hoon laws were in during the late 70s early 80s I would probably have lost a couple of cars.

In regards to driving unlicensed it obviously matters what state you are in. Although we are supposed to have national driving rules, which were introduced around 1999/2000 from memory, there are still a lot of differences between states. States will pretty much have the same ticketable offences but the penalty will vary from state to state. For example exceeding the speed limit by less than 15 kph in NSW will cost you almost double what it would in Queensland.

In Queensland it is a ticketable offence if you are caught driving on a learners permit without an appropriately licensed driver sitting next to you. It used to be only $30 and a walk home but now I think its up to $100 and a walk home.

Unlicensed driving falls within two categories.

1. Driving whilst never having held a licence, and
2. Driving whilst suspended or disqualified.

Both these offences will send you in front of a Magistrate to be dealt with. If it is for offence number 1 then the penalty will most likely be, apart from any fine you may receive, that you are suspended or disqualified from obtaining a licence for a period of time (how long that would be would depend on what other charges you may be on such as driving with a blood alcohol level exceeding the legal limit or being involved in an accident etc. It also depends on how the Magistrate feels on the day). What this means though is that if you drive again and are caught your are then committing offence number 2.

Now this one really pi#@es Magistrates off because whilst they are normally soft on first time traffic offenders for minor offences (they don't hold traffic offences in high regard) they take it personally if you disobey a court ruling especially if it is a ruling they have made. So the penalty will increase to a longer period of being suspended or disqualified. Get caught again and the penalty will increase again most likely to disqualified absolutely. This means you are never to hold a licence again however; after two years you may apply to the court to get your licence back but you would have to have a good case to do so. Now as mentioned before the disqualification is only part of the penalty as you can be fined, put on community service and even go to gaol if you offend time after time and it is deemed that you will not learn any other way.

Don't think that you can get away with it as a lot of blokes do, and I'm not talking just about the young blokes (or bloketts) but also the elder driver of who a number drive unlicensed because of drink driving offences. Once you have been done for unlicensed driving the local police will be aware of you and your car. This is made easier if you’re a hoon and or your car stands out from the crowed. They won't go out of their way to get you (we not the General Duty boys) but if you’re seen and recognised (even if they are of duty) then your done for.

There is are very good reasons for this;

1. Is that a good percentage of serious accidents involve unlicensed drivers who think they are better than they are, who think that driving is a right not a privilege;

2. You are breaking the law and showing brazen disregard for others (if you think it is an unjust law you lobby for it to be changed);

3. You are showing a great lack of maturity; and

4. Read number one, you are just dangerous on the road.

The serious side of all this is however; an offence such as dangerous driving (read hooning) causing serious injury of death which is a criminal offence (not a traffic offence) and as such you will end up with a criminal record (possible a goal term) not to mention the guilt of what every tragedy you may have caused.

I know from experience that when your younger you reflexes are normally good and you think you can get yourself out of any situation that is thrown at you on the road. Whilst reflexes are important the trick is to have the experience not to need those reflexes in the first place. I know this from experience as I used to think I was immortal. Now that I know that I'm not (and my reflexes aren't as quick as they used to be) I drive to the conditions and very much work on the theory that there is a time and place for every thing.

The biggest difference however is that the younger person is a risk taker. Not just on the road but in most things they do. It is part of being young and enjoying life, something us old f@rt don't do any more. When it comes to driving however risk taking and driving don't mix. If you want to hoon join a club and compete in some for of motor sport be it club racing, rallying, hill climb, drags what ever. Most forms of motor sport have a run what you brung category. Take the risks were there is less chance of hurting yourself or others.

IN summary, if you can't do the time don't commit the crime, take responsibility for you actions and think before doing.

Sorry to rabbit on but I know all of this because I used to wear the blue uniform, until I realise what a thankless job it is, here in Queensland so most of what I'm saying is Queensland related but basically the similar in every state.

Attachments:
File comment: This is what happens when the car coming the other way is not paying attention and crosses double centre lines. No deaths but serious injuries.
1991 XD Falcon (Ron's) 2.jpg
1991 XD Falcon (Ron's) 2.jpg [ 425.15 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

um.... end rant. i didnt read it all, but i agree with what he said^

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

Quote:
I know from experience that when your younger you reflexes are normally good and you think you can get yourself out of any situation that is thrown at you on the road. Whilst reflexes are important the trick is to have the experience not to need those reflexes in the first place. I know this from experience as I used to think I was immortal. Now that I know that I'm not (and my reflexes aren't as quick as they used to be) I drive to the conditions and very much work on the theory that there is a time and place for every thing.

wise words here, pity we can't be born wise to start with.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:48 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

twason your right it is a pitty we can't be born wise (if any of us are ever realy) but if we were there would be no need to grow up, no need to learn and life would be darn boring.

fiftyone, [b]rant[/b] "to talk in a wild or vehement way, to speak or declaim violently" Come on my post was no were near ranting, I was offering an opinion. Thanks for taking it on board though.

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ea Fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

The fine is qld is $120 for driving on a learners without a licensed ... i know i just got done for it like 2 weeks ago before u all go off and rant on bout it ... i drive to do wat i have to ie get to work get food to eat i knew it was illegal hence when i got pulled over i had no problems with it so $120 and get a licensed to drive ur car home.... i have also been told that i am to wait for a letter from numerous ppl cos apparently i have to take suspension but nothing was said by the police officer ...

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

huggiebear wrote:
yes. im 22 and only just got my P's due to that, and now im stuck on restrictions... no V8's no turbo no supercharged and nothing over 200kw.

I hear you, just got my licence back from 3 month suspension 6 days after those laws came in...

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

MAW wrote:
I drive to the conditions and very much work on the theory that there is a time and place for every thing.

The biggest difference however is that the younger person is a risk taker. Not just on the road but in most things they do. It is part of being young and enjoying life, something us old f@rt don't do any more. When it comes to driving however risk taking and driving don't mix.

[/quote]
wise words here, pity we can't be born wise to start with.[/quote]

Yeah mate wise words and thanks for what u said it was interesting and worthwhile reading. Yeah I can see u have lots of experience behind you and its worhwhile getting your insight, unfortunately its not as easy as said when taking risks and driving with your mates. Its just the way it is with young people. I also believe there is a time and place for everything on the roads, but it is a challange to see if you can make the right choices. any way i dont even have my licence yet :(

nearly 8 months...

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Your correct it is harder to do than to say. I remember times when I would go out in the old bomb (what ever I had at the time) thinking I'll have a quiet night and be a good boy only to end up on some back road thinking I was competing in a tarmac rally. I wrote one car of doing this and damaged another. I was never one to do much wrong in front of other people, you know things like doing burn outs on oil some one had poured on the road (back in the 70s cars {with a few high performance exceptions} were much less powerful than they are today). n fact a standard BA has about as much power as a 71 Valiant Charger RT E38 which was one of the fastest 6 cylinders in the world at the time.

Experience is a good thing but it is not the be all to end all. Some times even now it can be hard to take that experience and use it. Why just last year I had to see if my 5 litre EB was speed restricted (it wasn't). I chose the right time and place but just doing it was a bit of, well, lack of judgement.

Anyway all we can do is try and hold onto that bloody licence (oh and not kill anybody) which is becoming easier and easier to loose because the Government has no idea how to deal with driving issues except to revenue of it.

MAW

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:05 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF II XR6

VIC, Australia

Quote:
yes. im 22 and only just got my P's due to that, and now im stuck on restrictions... no V8's no turbo no supercharged and nothing over 200kw.

Mate get an EF.
I've had my EF XR6 for over a year now, and im still loving it!
Since I put some 19"s on it, neatened it up and did some engine work.
(cam, headers, exhaust, perfomance clutch) i've got a lot more power!
and i also get compliments any where i go.

very nice looking cars if moded right =]

*pacemaker extractors, crow cam, 19" typhoon rims, 2" exhaust, AU tickford intake, K&N Airfilter.

Working on my custom interior (nearly there!)
No Induction Yet, But It's Coming!

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:05 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF II XR6

VIC, Australia

p.s - I'm still 19, almost 20 and my car's got ALOT of kick to it.

*pacemaker extractors, crow cam, 19" typhoon rims, 2" exhaust, AU tickford intake, K&N Airfilter.

Working on my custom interior (nearly there!)
No Induction Yet, But It's Coming!

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:19 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

P.S... nice thread mine..

This was sleeping almost 6 months before you brought it to the top of the pile

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BAII XR6T

NSW, Australia

not a bad read aye lol

FOR SALE BAII XR6 TURBO

Build Thread StrawbZ AU XR6 & BAII XR6T

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

StrawbZ wrote:
not a bad read aye lol

this is ancient lol. Not bad read at all lol, I read over it again..
cant believe when i started it i had 10mths till my P's... now its less than 2! F yer!

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

Leroy wrote:
but in saying that im going to court next week for doing something i shouldnt of done . .

I know it's still only between you and I. But did you end up getting off for sexually molesting that 96-year-old grandmother?

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next