Fordmods Logo

v8 commo quarters and specs 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: v8 commo quarters and specs
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

what would a vs II 5L commo with a 'thump thump sub in the trunk trunk' run in quarters and 0-100's rough?

i've got a 0-100 of 11.5 and with basic exhaust work (2.5in w. 4480's) and a quarter without the extractors of 16 flat. dropping a cam in would make it a close one, no?

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Post subject: Re: v8 commo quarters and specs
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
what would a vs II 5L commo with a 'thump thump sub in the trunk trunk' run in quarters and 0-100's rough?

i've got a 0-100 of 11.5 and with basic exhaust work (2.5in w. 4480's) and a quarter without the extractors of 16 flat. dropping a cam in would make it a close one, no?

11.5 that seems long from 0 - 100 i've gotten 8seconds like it makes a difference i've got a 98 hybrid engine

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i know, i have the hybrid too. i dont know what the deal is. i've asked many a time. i'd love 8's or nines. its a 4 speed A with a standard diff. Is it the boat anchor im dragging or something? cars only done 95kk too

i found out its a statesman too. series II

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

what you would find out that v8 commos make more noise then they move but they do 6 or 7 easy those engines start to s**t them selfs after

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

even stock auto with all that weight? i suppose your right. so how do i claw back this complete lack of performance?

i'm thinking a set of dyno runs may be on the cards. how much for a few runs and what do i know to bring / know?

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
even stock auto with all that weight? i suppose your right. so how do i claw back this complete lack of performance?

i'm thinking a set of dyno runs may be on the cards. how much for a few runs and what do i know to bring / know?

i dont know if holden set up those cars for proformance like what for did to the XR8s made them have more torque then power

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:23 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Cam chip and exaust and 165kw in 5L Holden at weels easy. Lighter then Falcon vn vp under1400kg 3.45 dif, and 5 speed high 13 1/4 If only was so cheep and easy with v8 ford

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:47 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA & EF XR6

NSW, Australia

I use to own a ef v8 tickford gear & then i brought a 98 Clubsports an at the moment i own a ef xr6 an the club would have blown the doors off both fords your kiddin yourself to think a 6 ford can hold ground with a 8 holden

The dichotomy between atrophy and hypertrophy. If you're not growing, you're decaying. Get busy living, or get busy dying!

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

held a vq off the line in my AU I6 to 100 kmh, he wasnt happy either. Side by side neither of us gaining any ground both flat to the floor.

Was a nice car, had nice wheels etc, looked pretty clean. Guess he was p****d off that he was almost taken by an Ex Vic Taxi.... LOL and I was on LPG!!!

only work done on mine is extractors & unifilter - stock exhaust and everything else.

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiftyone wrote:

dyno runs will be useless for an upgrade in performance... unless you think you car is running s**t (AFR's way out) but then again better off using hte money to replace sensors O2 so on.

Best thing to do to a auto falcon IMO is upgrade the Diff. 3.7's at least 4.11's if you don't do much highway driving - id probably go 3.9's. and LSD or Lokka.

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

power isnt the be all that people think it is tho....

my car is kinda a freak. Some have balls, others dont. had mine on a dyno almost cracks 100rwkw and yet I can spin the wheels off the line on LPG. Try and figure that one out. Either that or the VQ was a slow one for a 5 litre.

Just for those that are interested it has 820k on the clock and has original engine (numbers match)

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Aces_Inc wrote:
I use to own a ef v8 tickford gear & then i brought a 98 Clubsports an at the moment i own a ef xr6 an the club would have blown the doors off both fords your kiddin yourself to think a 6 ford can hold ground with a 8 holden

but if your i6 ford has 174 rwkw and over 420 nm of torque at rear wheels those holden 5 litres are more than fair game... :twisted:

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Aces_Inc wrote:

who the f**k are you talking to? Feeling delirious? In no part of this has anyone even posted that a "6 ford" can hold ground against an "8 holden". Even though they kinda can.

And saying that an ef xr6 will get blown away by a clubsport thats like freaking chalk and cheese. considering the $17,000 when new price difference you would expect that. Its like saying a VR S commy is s**t coz it cant keep up with a T3 TE50...

To put it in better perspective the TE50 wipes the floor with your clubsport, and has compareable price, $55,000 for the 98 clubby and $58,000 for the 02 TE50.- AU vs VT fair enough?

spend the $17,000 difference on an ef xr6 and you will see the match become very interesting in the Xr's favour.

use you noodle mate.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

you will get thumped if you car is doing 0-100 in 11.5sec. I have pretty much same car and im doing mid to low 7's 0-100.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Well hes said its a VS Statesman V8
I think it gives him a slight advantage considering the extra weight in the larger car

Though my friend has a VS Grange & Senator and both haul a**
Thats HSV though, fiftyone is talking about a stock statesman with a V8

From what i remember i stayed side by side with one of them about a year ago with our stock EL, only lowered with 18's

its amazing how people start throwing in all these different cars when he asked about a VS Statesman?
Your point being???

Anyway you should do ok considering they werent built for performance

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next