Fordmods Logo

V8 Supercars 2012- Welcome to NASCAR stlye people! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: V8 Supercars 2012- Welcome to NASCAR stlye people!
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but the new COF (car of the future) format being introduced in 2010 by frontman Mark Skaife, lets other manufacturers into the "V8 supercars" series, and don't need to be V8's.

Could add some excitement, but Ford/Holden will need to up their game i reckon.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/cof-opens ... fault.aspx

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/phase-two ... fault.aspx

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/car-of-th ... fault.aspx

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Post subject: Re: V8 Supercars 2012- Welcome to NASCAR stlye people!
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Hanni - BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

Not into it . . . sounds like its going to be like it was years ago but more strict - keep it red vs blue I say . . .

Post subject: V8 Supercars 2012- Welcome to NASCAR stlye people!
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MK11

VIC, Australia

Lets all be very honest, if this c o f is suggested to be Nascar style,then so be it.The current cars are certainly that way now, and have been for years. It is now only a romantic notion of Ford Vs Holden, as they have not existed for years.In fact it has been impossible to purchase these cars on the Monday after a race,as was the case a while ago.The only part of the Holden that is such is the body.Ford is very similar, only that they run a Ford motor. So don't worry,I can only see improvement with this proposed move.

The older I get the better I was!

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

id prefer to see other manufacturers in the v8 supercars, the whole vs holden ford is just plane boring.
ive stopped folowing it because of the stupid red vs blue..

motor racing was much better when it was ford,holden,nissan,toyota,mercedies,volvo ect..

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford XG longreach

NSW, Australia

It is a great idea to expand it but it's called V8 for a reason!! keep it to a standard and let the others meet it like they do in F1 etc etc keep the standard or it just with head south and fast

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

I reckon there is too many control parts used already, the new cars will come as a flat-pack, you just fit whatever body you want, engine, etc. Too much like Ikea for me.
I believe the idea first mentioned in Australian Muscle Car magazine was a great idea. A lot like the old group C rules, but without any manufacturer input. Allow modified V8's to be competitive with WRX's, Evo 10's, BMW's, etc. There would be V8's, 6's and 4's, with or without turbos, fwd, rwd and awd, etc. Must be a production road car only, no limited production specials, no supercars like porsche, lambo, ferrari, etc. Allow mustangs, camaros, falcons, commonwhores, dodge challengers, etc to race againts the small cars, ricers, etc. Much like the bathurst 12 hour deal, but with more mods allowed, and more parity between cars, just like the v8's use now.
Must use standard body shells, standard suspension style, modded for safety and performance. Bigger brakes, after market gearbox/diff/etc. Production engine block and cylinder head castings, free internals, free intake and exhaust, maybe with a control ecu or a set rev limit for each different engine, ie 6500 for a ls2, maybe 7500 for a ford modular, much higher for the ricers.
Different cars will suit different tracks, all evens out over a season.
Oh, and a limit to how many of each model per race, no one wants to see 15 Evo's in the same race.
Whaddya reckon? :?

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

sounds good to me ...go the ricers :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

kiwikyd wrote:
It is a great idea to expand it but it's called V8 for a reason!! keep it to a standard and let the others meet it like they do in F1 etc etc keep the standard or it just with head south and fast

mercedes do a very fast v8

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

sooty72 wrote:
I reckon there is too many control parts used already, the new cars will come as a flat-pack, you just fit whatever body you want, engine, etc. Too much like Ikea for me.
I believe the idea first mentioned in Australian Muscle Car magazine was a great idea. A lot like the old group C rules, but without any manufacturer input. Allow modified V8's to be competitive with WRX's, Evo 10's, BMW's, etc. There would be V8's, 6's and 4's, with or without turbos, fwd, rwd and awd, etc. Must be a production road car only, no limited production specials, no supercars like porsche, lambo, ferrari, etc. Allow mustangs, camaros, falcons, commonwhores, dodge challengers, etc to race againts the small cars, ricers, etc. Much like the bathurst 12 hour deal, but with more mods allowed, and more parity between cars, just like the v8's use now.
Must use standard body shells, standard suspension style, modded for safety and performance. Bigger brakes, after market gearbox/diff/etc. Production engine block and cylinder head castings, free internals, free intake and exhaust, maybe with a control ecu or a set rev limit for each different engine, ie 6500 for a ls2, maybe 7500 for a ford modular, much higher for the ricers.
Different cars will suit different tracks, all evens out over a season.
Oh, and a limit to how many of each model per race, no one wants to see 15 Evo's in the same race.
Whaddya reckon? :?
nascar--------1 body shape,any transmission,max.hp limit,all the rest open-race it

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]