Fordmods Logo

We got screewed.. 

Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XE 351 & BA XT FALCON

WA, Australia

Lownesy and ford got robbed.I am still fuming and its monday morning.How could that w***** holden driver stand on that podium and think hes the rightfull winner.He should be stripped of the title and it should be given to lownesy. :evil:

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MKII Futura

VIC, Australia

danny boy wrote:
I really think the points system should be changed.
Actually winning rounds should be worth far more points than being consistiently 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th.
Win, lose or draw, Lowndes is a champion.
Rick Kelly will always be remembered for winning a championship without winning a round, and punting of one of the greatest drivers we have ever been privledged to witness.

BTW, Rick Kelly reminds me of that squeeky voiced teen geek of the simpsons, you know the one who works at Crusty Burger hehehehe

points system is changing next year to be similar to F1.

also ingall won the championship last year in a similar fashion but not to the same extent.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:13 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html
Bit of a post race article,
But hey, at least Rusty won a round! hehehe

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

I remember afew years back (like 25 to 30) Jim Richards driving his black John Player Special BMW taking out Glenn Seton in his blue Nissan Skyline (think it was a skyline) too win the ATCC.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Kelly blamed Lowndes for the incident after the race.

Rick Kelly wrote:
"Craig and I were racing for position all weekend and Craig was being very defensive," Kelly said. "I was trying to have a go at Craig there and we had a fantastic run out of the previous corner and I had my nose up alongside his rear bumper and he ran wide and had a bit of contact.

"Then he squirmed on the brakes and gave Todd a tap that sent them both around.

"That is not the ideal way to win the championship, but we got here -- yeah, baby."

What a joke!!! How can he blame Lowndes for the incident? It was Kelly who didn't leave sufficient racing room between himself and lowndes.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

akademiks wrote:
danny boy wrote:
I really think the points system should be changed.
Actually winning rounds should be worth far more points than being consistiently 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th.
Win, lose or draw, Lowndes is a champion.
Rick Kelly will always be remembered for winning a championship without winning a round, and punting of one of the greatest drivers we have ever been privledged to witness.

BTW, Rick Kelly reminds me of that squeeky voiced teen geek of the simpsons, you know the one who works at Crusty Burger hehehehe

points system is changing next year to be similar to F1.

also ingall won the championship last year in a similar fashion but not to the same extent.

But cause we have multiple races per round the guy that takes the round win should have a 100 point bonus or something like that, that way consistency at the front of the pack is rewarded more than anything else.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NT, Australia

Yaaahooooo ... hahahaha all hail the mighty Lion!!!!!! Mwahahahahahahahaha

Middle of the country - Best place to live!

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

Pisssssss oooff Holden Fan :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

GyzmO wrote:
Quote:
Kelly blamed Lowndes for the incident after the race.

Rick Kelly wrote:
"Craig and I were racing for position all weekend and Craig was being very defensive," Kelly said. "I was trying to have a go at Craig there and we had a fantastic run out of the previous corner and I had my nose up alongside his rear bumper and he ran wide and had a bit of contact.

"Then he squirmed on the brakes and gave Todd a tap that sent them both around.

"That is not the ideal way to win the championship, but we got here -- yeah, baby."

What a joke!!! How can he blame Lowndes for the incident? It was Kelly who didn't leave sufficient racing room between himself and lowndes.

he is the biggest knob. at least the ford champions didn't need help to win but did it on their own. if kelly didn't have teammates(hrt included) to continually hold up lowndes he wouldn't have been anywhere near the back of lowndes car.

i've heard a couple of excuses from kelly so far. 1st saying lowndes locked a brake and then that lowndes outbraked himself and also blocked him even though lowndes is trying to get passed a car in front. choose a story and stick with it rick you lying little turd.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XE 351 & BA XT FALCON

WA, Australia

Hey holden fan.Isnt there any holden websites you should be on.This is a FORD website

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: F6 Typhoon, BF XR6 Turbo

WA, Australia

Walker wrote:
Yeah xscabbi, i guess that's why rusty was hanging out of his car doing donuts last year!
Never heard of him getting fined!!!

I was f**k disgusted today, and yes Brad it does make a difference from any other race.
There are 2 important things in V8's, 1 is Bathurst and 2 is Championship, Rick was a contender in that "Championship" and he took his rival out unfairly... No matter how you see it, it's big money for a team to pull that off, he cost them more than just a title.

If he had of done it cleanly i wouldn't be b**ch, i'd say hey, best man on the day... But Lowndes was faster than him all day, Rick couldn't stick it to Lowndes no matter how hard he tried, he took the easy way out which is something Lowndes wouldn't have done.

I would love to have seen one of the back runners take one for the team and knock that little no balls f**k face out of the race... "OOPS" sorry Rick!!!

Hopefully over the break he'll have his sex change operation, a sack with testies will be sewn between his legs and he'll have a "MANS" voice (With the help of medication), maybe then he'll learn to drive like a man.

He has to face the stewards over it tomorrow so we'll see what the outcome is, hopefully he will lose his points from the last race and Lowndes will be awarded the crown as he should be... Although i highly doubt that will happen.

Couldn't have said it better than that! Crash Bandicoot up to his old tricks again. What also amazed me was the fact that at the start of the round it was said that they wanted it to be a fair round with no tactics from Holden drivers helping out Holden and vice versa yet all weekend thats all i saw from holden camp, Tander tried to hold Lowndes up just so Kelly could play catch up in race 2 for 20 odd laps yet finally when he got drive through look how paced Lowndes was for the final couple of laps. Funny how in race 1 though how Tander was happy to let d**k rick pass so easily!
I hope if little girly kelly with his little girls voice gets to keep his title that he gets to live with the fact he only won by taking the best man out! My heart goes out to Lowndes and I know he is the real winner and he can take himself of been the better man and better racer!

Bring on next year! Our drivers are certainly up there with the best

Assumptions are the mother of all F**K UPS!

Simone

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

I agree 100% with you guys.
I thought i was the only one that thought Rick is a lil b**ch..guess not :P

There was no way that Lowndes was playing defensive, or else he would of been up Todd's a*** and f*****d himself up.
Also, there was f**k all space for Kelly to come up underneath Lowndes anyway, so he should have backed off..No idea what Kelly is on about, he had no clear advantage over Lowndes in that corner what so ever!

Even if Lowndes was blocking, why not let it go and let the stewards deal with it? What gave him the right to take it upon himself to sort it out?
They say racings racing with 3-4 laps to go, not 2 laps into the race!

One thing that looked a bit sus about it, was Kelly got given the drive through, but he was calm about it, as if it was premeditated. Even his cheif engineer was calm about it :shock:

Lil prick! Meh, still, Lowndes won the championship at 21, not 23! Love that guy! :P

Not sure how Lowndes will win back the title but. Unless they disregard the 3rd and final race. After the 2nd race, Lowndes and Kelly were tied on points, thus making Lowndes the champion on round wins.

Thats the only thing i could come up with :|

Last edited by doofus on Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

got this off aff. i reckon its gold. printed one out for the knobs at work that were giving me greif today.

Attachments:
Rick_1.jpg
Rick_1.jpg [ 197.37 KiB | Viewed 219 times ]

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

Lol, just noticed the stickers on that car! Nice

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ef Ghiaaaaaargh!

WA, Australia

I'm going to be a completely one-eyed ford bogan and say this.

"we woz robbed11!!!?!!"

Mercedes 500SEC: -- GONE -- http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/my-83-mercedes-500sec-buildup-t69837.html
Ef Ghia: -- GONE -- Pacie 4480's, 2.5" Redback, custom grille, FTR's.
AU xr8: BA xr wheels, 2.5" custom exh, leather and woodgrain next.
Chevy Camaro: LHD, Black, all original.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next