"We want GT HO: Say Ford fans" 

Page 2 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

HSV have no technology. Same engines just bigger. Thats not using technology.
Why bother interviewing HSV for a Ford article? s**t.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Snow_white wrote:
data_mine wrote:
GTHO = GT-P + CAPA Kit + FPV Warranty

Would only need 350RWKW to kill any HSV for the next few years. And they'd SELL.

Wouldn't they have problems releasing it to the public, i was reading a article in motor magazine or was it wheels were HSV were saying that they could but won't release a 300kw+ road car for a while because they don't think it is needed and they do not want to start "kilowatt wars". :?

I mean if people were responsible with cars, kilowatt wars shouldnt be a problem,

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Tomek wrote:
Snow_white wrote:
Wouldn't they have problems releasing it to the public, i was reading a article in motor magazine or was it wheels were HSV were saying that they could but won't release a 300kw+ road car for a while because they don't think it is needed and they do not want to start "kilowatt wars". :?

I mean if people were responsible with cars, kilowatt wars shouldnt be a problem,

I also read that Snow_white.
I still always thought the HO ment N/A V8 very powerful, whacking a supercharger changes that. Well have to wait and see, no point debating something when neither of us can actually be proven right. I do see your point of view, but rumours are just that...

Isn't the same engine as used in the GT's used in the Stangs over in America or something like that? ANd there getting a lot more power still N/A arn't they?

Last edited by twr7cx on Fri May 06, 2005 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

maybe they should chuck a 351 in it :P

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

How up themselves are HSV, burnt sausages and all that s**t. HSV owners want individuallity, s**t. If they wanted individuallity they wouldnt opt for a car with a bodykit that hasnt changed much in ten years. My mate has a VT senator signature. The thing rattles and sqeaks like a b**ch, but it goes hard in a straight line and thats what HSV is all about. My ED kills it in the bends and thats when the motor was stock.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Post subject: AHAHAHAHAH!!
Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

WA, Australia

Its about niche, who the f**k wants to buy into that specialized "HSV" niche, bahahahahaha.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

The words HSV and individual do not go together. Most commodores seem to have an HSV sticker on them (even ones made prior to HSV being established!)! And so many Commodores have HSV bodykits and that on them. Really individual that is!

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

The thing about the original HO's that made them special was I believe, the fact that they were performance & grunt wrapped up in a family four door sedan. Totally unexpected and a complete success and that formula plus the low volume of GTHO's built was what made them special.
They're classics now and occupy a special place in Ford motoring history. To own a genuine GT or even a GTHO is a privilege that many cannot afford. And for FPV to acknowledge customers requests / demands that they re-introduce a GTHO once more is a major step as Ford Australia don't want to deal with it on their own.

So how are FPV going to deal with this? It's a fine line they'll be treading to get a GTHO just right without destroying the image. Would a GTHO be authentic if it wasn't once again developed within the traditional family sedan body? Would it have the same feeling?

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XB 351 V8 & BA GT

NSW, Australia

Vic wrote:
The thing about the original HO's that made them special was I believe, the fact that they were performance & grunt wrapped up in a family four door sedan. Totally unexpected and a complete success and that formula plus the low volume of GTHO's built was what made them special.
They're classics now and occupy a special place in Ford motoring history. To own a genuine GT or even a GTHO is a privilege that many cannot afford. And for FPV to acknowledge customers requests / demands that they re-introduce a GTHO once more is a major step as Ford Australia don't want to deal with it on their own.

So how are FPV going to deal with this? It's a fine line they'll be treading to get a GTHO just right without destroying the image. Would a GTHO be authentic if it wasn't once again developed within the traditional family sedan body? Would it have the same feeling?

The H.O. was developed for the sole purpose of homoligating a higher performance race car version of the GT. Back when the G.T.H.O. was born if you wanted to race and win Bathurst etc. the car manufacturers had to race a car that the general public could buy from the showroom. (production car racing) So the GTHO was the result. A minium of 300 cars had to be produced in order to be eligible to race. Basically a GTHO (be it XW Phase 1 and 2, or the XY Phase 3) were race cars adapted to road use!! So there lies the problem for a modern version of the GTHO. In order to preserve and honor the legend of GTHO, many GT purists argue that you cant have a modern day HO for the simple fact that it would not be for the original purpose of racing as the original HO's were, (now we have V8 supercars) and therfore it would be an insult to the GTHO name and legend. The original GTHO's are part of Aussie motor racing history and deserve to be held in such high esteem. I believe Ford should go another direction and create another new high powered GT "legend" with its own name and preserve the GTHO nameplate and history.

XB 351 and BA GT

FordMods No: 288

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

VIC, Australia

i just hope they dont f**k up like holden did with the monaro...

so many people were p****d off about them ruining the classic name...

saw an interview on tv when they first came back
one of the holden guys that was apart of the team that designed it .ect
said he was dissapointed they used the same name and tarnished the history of it

so what im saying, i hope ford dont ruin the ho reputation

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

I have to say the BA range is awesome, every single car within it, how ever i must say the GT was a let down, sure it has a nice interior, more power and more agressive looks. But the BA GT just isn't that much more appealing than a Typhoon, how ever the EL GT was something diferent tottally re-worked interior (many special touches), ultra agressive looks and the car still holds it's value and looks so diferent to the pack of EL's something which the BA GT is missing!
So all i am going to say is Ford better put in a lot of time and effort into the GT-HO they shouldn't bring it out to impress us or to catch up or match HSV releases but it should be made with passion and spirit how the legendary phases were built.

My 2c

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

HSV dont want to start a KW war? hahah. thats the funniest thing i have ever heard, before the boss was introduced, the clubby was like 225kw? or something, boss gt comes, 290kw, the clubby suddenly goes to like 265? then 285? and now 297kw?? yeh right, they dont wanna start a KW war, because they wont win it.

as for a GT-HO, supercharged would be very nice, but it would kill the heritage. Maybe just stroke the boss abit, out to say.... 5.6 or 5.7L? and make it about 350kw :) oh, and shaker standard. that would mak it stand out as a HO

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

Yes a GT HO ( Homologation Option) would be good Falcon to put out, but for the name sake would have to be a a fully worked NA V8 and not a blown one to keep the original heritage of the namesake.

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Yes a GT HO ( Homologation Option) would be good Falcon to put out, but for the name sake would have to be a a fully worked NA V8 and not a blown one to keep the original heritage of the namesake.

HO stood for Handling Option.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

Vic wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:

HO stood for Handling Option.
Vics right. HO stood for Handling Options. The original meaning was High Output but Ford changed it at the last minute in fear that the insurance companies would charge mortgage like premiums as a result.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next