Fordmods Logo

"We want GT HO: Say Ford fans" 

Page 3 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I do agree that the BA GT's do disapoint me in that there not noticaly different enough form the XR8's. Compare an EL GT to EL XR8 or EB GT to EB XR8 - the differences scream at you. But compare a BA GT to BA XR8 and well there different, but not enough.

And bassing the new GTHO on V8 Supercars would be stupid as arn't the V8 Supercars XR8 shells?

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Au Fairmont Wagon, BA Tradesman

QLD, Australia

HSV technology? It i my understanding that they import their V8's from the USA and bolt htem straight in. The V6 is also a GM USA reject. Do they import the drivetran too? At lest the base model BA 6 has more power and torque than the HSV XU6 that had a supercharged V6. Thats technology?

FACTS ARE MEANINGLESS.

THEY CAN BE USED TO PROVE ANYTHING!

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

The worst thing about HSV is that I've never heard Ford mutter a bad word about them (publicly that is), and twice I've heard them negitive comments and put downs to Ford/FPV.
I remmebr when they criticised Ford for performance sixes (XR6T and F6) totally forgetting that they too tried forcing a six with a supercharger though!
By the way, AFAIK the current/new nmodel 'alloy tec' V6 is aussie made, but the old one was a Buikc.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:40 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

2fishingdogs wrote:
HSV technology? It i my understanding that they import their V8's from the USA and bolt htem straight in. The V6 is also a GM USA reject. Do they import the drivetran too? At lest the base model BA 6 has more power and torque than the HSV XU6 that had a supercharged V6. Thats technology?

HSV Technology = pushrods
HSV Technology = 297KW outta 6L (49KW/L)

Ford Technology = variable overhead cams
Ford Technology = 260KW outta 5.4L (49KW/L)
FPV Technology = 290KW outta 5.4L (53KW/L)
FPV Technology = 270KW outta 4L (67KW/L) :D

Comparisons:
BMW = 327KW 6L (54KW/L)
BMW = 270KW 5L (54KW/L)
BMW = 225KW 4L (56KW/L)
Merc = 265KW 5.5L (48KW/L)
Merc = 200KW 3.5L (57KW/L)

'nuff said

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

When you look at it that way data_mine, it's actually very embarressing for HSV!

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Shell with 4 wheels

NSW, Australia

Just hurry up and build the f**k i say

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:51 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I remember about 6 months ago that David flint siad somehting along the lines that FPV use DOHC engines while HSV use Pushrods. Then HSV came back saying that for every vehicle FPV of what ever they call themselves (in reference to Tickford and FTE) we sell 3. So what is exactly a niche according to HSV. They are only calling it niche now becasue they are losing to FPV who they have never taken them seriously

The GT/P might not be as potent on a track as a clubbie but for general road use it is superior.

When and hopefully if Ford do decide to invent the GTHO, it must be something special and be the best performance sedan in Australia and the world.

And finally lets face it a VZ commodre is more like a series 10 VT

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

seton005 wrote:
Vic wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Yes a GT HO ( Homologation Option) would be good Falcon to put out, but for the name sake would have to be a a fully worked NA V8 and not a blown one to keep the original heritage of the namesake.

HO stood for Handling Option.
Vics right. HO stood for Handling Options. The original meaning was High Output but Ford changed it at the last minute in fear that the insurance companies would charge mortgage like premiums as a result.

They still charge an arm and a leg for insurance :( :evil: especially if you have added a LITTLE modification or two.

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1996 DF LTD

WA, Australia

Just found this on the net. How would one of these go on the new GTHO?

http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=300

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

My ideal BA GTHO would be a GT falcon with body styling somewhere in between GT and V8 supercar. A tough NA engine. Think DJR320 but with even bigger cams and a louder exhaust (dual pipes out either side). Drop it about 1-2 inches down from stock GT height. 19"rims with the right rubber. All of the interior options of a GTP (or maybe LTD fairlane if you dare) wedged in there and you would have a very pleasing ride. IMO its gota be lumpy as NA f**k like a modern phase 3 to have any cred with the purists.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just read that article and what would HSV describe as a niche. The only niche car they have is the 300kw GTS. All the other cars are exactly the same but with different interior trim, different name on the bootlid and possibly one or two minor option upgrades.

If ford were copying HSV then we would be driving around with detuned 460ci truck engines under the bonnets of our falcons. Every other car maker is going for technology and HSV are the only ones going for capacity. Wonder how long this trend will continue till they cant meet the emissions standards and we will be seeing a HSV GTS 4 cylinder like the old VH commadore 4. Then they will be eating every single dishonest word that they ever shat out of their mouthes.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
My ideal BA GTHO would be a GT falcon with body styling somewhere in between GT and V8 supercar. A tough NA engine. Think DJR320 but with even bigger cams and a louder exhaust (dual pipes out either side). Drop it about 1-2 inches down from stock GT height. 19"rims with the right rubber. All of the interior options of a GTP (or maybe LTD fairlane if you dare) wedged in there and you would have a very pleasing ride. IMO its gota be lumpy as NA f**k like a modern phase 3 to have any cred with the purists.

Maybe even ditch the back doors? Get a coupe going.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Samsy wrote:
Vic wrote:
The thing about the original HO's that made them special was I believe, the fact that they were performance & grunt wrapped up in a family four door sedan. Totally unexpected and a complete success and that formula plus the low volume of GTHO's built was what made them special.
They're classics now and occupy a special place in Ford motoring history. To own a genuine GT or even a GTHO is a privilege that many cannot afford. And for FPV to acknowledge customers requests / demands that they re-introduce a GTHO once more is a major step as Ford Australia don't want to deal with it on their own.

So how are FPV going to deal with this? It's a fine line they'll be treading to get a GTHO just right without destroying the image. Would a GTHO be authentic if it wasn't once again developed within the traditional family sedan body? Would it have the same feeling?

The H.O. was developed for the sole purpose of homoligating a higher performance race car version of the GT. Back when the G.T.H.O. was born if you wanted to race and win Bathurst etc. the car manufacturers had to race a car that the general public could buy from the showroom. (production car racing) So the GTHO was the result. A minium of 300 cars had to be produced in order to be eligible to race. Basically a GTHO (be it XW Phase 1 and 2, or the XY Phase 3) were race cars adapted to road use!! So there lies the problem for a modern version of the GTHO. In order to preserve and honor the legend of GTHO, many GT purists argue that you cant have a modern day HO for the simple fact that it would not be for the original purpose of racing as the original HO's were, (now we have V8 supercars) and therfore it would be an insult to the GTHO name and legend. The original GTHO's are part of Aussie motor racing history and deserve to be held in such high esteem. I believe Ford should go another direction and create another new high powered GT "legend" with its own name and preserve the GTHO nameplate and history.

So why cant they aim at concouring the GT performance series isnt that a production based series?Mitsubishi and subaru seem to get the idea!
their STi and Evo's arnt the same as WRC but are designed to win the Group N series.

Cheers

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XB 351 V8 & BA GT

NSW, Australia

Probably cause production cars isnt the main racing category in Australia anymore. Both companys (Ford and H*#den) have committed huge amounts of money to the V8 supercar series, as have alot of sponsors, not to mention channel 10. So producing the new HO for a lower level series wouldnt make business sense from their point of view. I would love to see production car racing take over again though. The usual Ford - H*#den battle mixed in with the rice patrol would be great, and get Chrysler back in there too with there reborn Hemi V8! Now that would be great racing I reckon! Imagine a new Falcon GTHO versus the M*naros versus Hemi Chrysler versus Sti's versus EVO's. . . . :D :D

XB 351 and BA GT

FordMods No: 288

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Now we're talking. Why did international group A racing die in the a*** back in 1992 anyway. But what a way to end it all with the famous "pack of a***hole speech".

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next