VIC, Australia

I like your signature, go the shag!

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

yeh mate, go the blues!

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

4dxr6 wrote:
An XD with no power steering. You'll really learn how to drive/park and you'll be safe cos it's a tank.

The XD-XF falcons. The forgotten learners cars. Learn to drive one of them and you can pretty much drive anything.

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

u guys reckon manual or auto for first car? im going to get my manual licence, but also i think id rather learn manual so i can drive one for life, otherwise might not get around to it....

it will probs come down to what i like the most out of what i can find and afford. ive been busy on my calculater, should be able to save 2 grand next year before i quit work, gotta focus on year 12, so looking between the 1500-3500 dollar mark

might have to start selling cans of coke at school again hehe :)

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

You can always get around to driving a manual. For a new driver, I reckon auto would be better so you learn first to pay attention to the outside.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ild say defanitly go manual. just keeps you more concentrated. with auto its to easy to wonder off and forget wots going on, reason i went manual was to stop me from using my fone and smoking while driving.
on the other hand once you go manual you never go back

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol thats classic 4dlvr.... haha yeh i think i will get a manual, theres heaps more auto cars but so it limits my options a little...

wheres the best place to look around for a car, ive been surfing carpoint and carsales .com, should i look in the paper and what not? i want to do heaps of research in the yera leading up to getting my car so i know what im doin and what i want.

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

Buy an ef or el something. make sure it doesnt have any leaks and that it runs well. no squeaks, clunks or anything like that.

being young, the last thing you need is a bigger cam or some stupid thing like that for a few years. for goodness sake its a sedan not a race car. and if you like to drive like a nut, buy a race car or ex demo derby car. roads are made for driving on not thrashing.

sorry about the strong opinions. i have a cams licence and have done a fair bit of racing and had a friend fairly badly injured by some clown driving too fast.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Go manual.I don't know about Vic but in NSW if you get your Red P's on Auto thats what you have to stick to till you get your Green's.I had to go auto cause I had no manual car to learn in.But thankfully not long gotten my green's.Now gotta find someone to teach me.Lol

I have not failed.I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - Thomas Edison

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

Definitely get a manual, I'm of the opinion it should be compulsory for everyone to get a manual license unless you have a disability. Young kids get their license way too easy driving an auto. Manual takes a lot more skill and teaches people how to actually drive the car.

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

fiftyone wrote:
being young, the last thing you need is a bigger cam or some stupid thing like that for a few years. for goodness sake its a sedan not a race car.

lol, yours isnt exactly stock !!

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Also you wont find any manual Fairmonts unless they've been converted.

I picked up a 95 Futura manual for $3k with 200,000kms, so there's cheap ones out there.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
fiftyone wrote:
being young, the last thing you need is a bigger cam or some stupid thing like that for a few years. for goodness sake its a sedan not a race car.

lol, yours isnt exactly stock !!

ah it is true that i have more horses in my car now :lol: but i rarely unleash them.

its a self control thing. just cause you've got a s**t load of power, doesnt mean you NEED / HAVE TO / MUST drive like a total d**k.

in my opinion, even a 3.5l motor is too big for learners and p platers. but thats just an opinion. sorry to hijack the thread, but im about to do it again, what do ppl think about that? ^

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i dont think size of the motor is really the issue, their allready is power to weight ratio and forced restrictions.
i think a good idea would to be to ban commodores as first cars

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
being young, the last thing you need is a bigger cam or some stupid thing like that for a few years. for goodness sake its a sedan not a race car. and if you like to drive like a nut, buy a race car or ex demo derby car. roads are made for driving on not thrashing.

ey just got back from work, f**k excited cos ive payed for all my other engagments and now every dollar i earn is going straight towards my future car! so that makes $50 but it will increase and chrissy is commn up soon!
fiftyone u said some good points, and despite what i said earlier on the first page, im not a total d**k who drives like an idiot, but im like any young person who loves cars...

- lol gettng back to finished this message just spke to my mate for 48 mins lol

I think i will go manual, better to learn how to drive a car properly and respect it rather than just being able to put my foot down and letting it do all the work.

manual it is then, allowing i find the right car, but someone said earlier i think 4dlvr, that it will be hard to find any manual fairmonts....

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next