What Should I get for My 1st Car??? 

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

FPV GT Alex wrote:

manual it is then, allowing i find the right car, but someone said earlier i think 4dlvr, that it will be hard to find any manual fairmonts....

that would have been me.

If you get a Futura, which is what you should be aiming for if you want a manual Falcon (XR6 is out of your price range), it doesnt take too many parts before the interior is very similar to a fairmont.
The Cluster and Trip computer can be had for less than 100bux together, and the climate control imo is gay compared to the standard unit in the glis/futuras.
If you like the Fairmont door trims then Ghia ones with woodgrain an be had for less than $200. Other than seats, which wont really matter if you get seatcovers, then the interior is about the same.
Also the footwell lights available in Fairmonts are easily installed into Futuras, most of the wiring is in place.

The differences exterior wise are the front bumper & bonnet, side moulds and rear chrome spear, and number plate surround n crap.
If you like chrome then you can get the rear bits for cheap, havent bought any myself but the go for like 20-50bux on ebay depending on what part and condition.

If you really want to you can source a full fairmont front end conversion, usually less than 500 for most if not all required parts. If your lucky and can wait you can normally get hold of the same colour which saves on a respray.

OR

you can get a fairmont and pay $1500 for a manual conversion.

It may be cheaper and easier to convert rather than buy a manual. The cheapest decent manual is 5k on autotrader.... whilst decent fairmonts start at 3,900.... something to consider.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

cheers thanks alot for that krisisdog. yeh i might be looking at a futura, having bought one yourself u would recomoned it?

i dont have my heart entirely set on a fairmont, just like the look of them but im starting to lean back towards the falcon

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

FPV GT Alex wrote:
fiftyone wrote:
being young, the last thing you need is a bigger cam or some stupid thing like that for a few years. for goodness sake its a sedan not a race car. and if you like to drive like a nut, buy a race car or ex demo derby car. roads are made for driving on not thrashing.

ey just got back from work, f**k excited cos ive payed for all my other engagments and now every dollar i earn is going straight towards my future car! so that makes $50 but it will increase and chrissy is commn up soon!
fiftyone u said some good points, and despite what i said earlier on the first page, im not a total d**k who drives like an idiot, but im like any young person who loves cars...

- lol gettng back to finished this message just spke to my mate for 48 mins lol

I think i will go manual, better to learn how to drive a car properly and respect it rather than just being able to put my foot down and letting it do all the work.

manual it is then, allowing i find the right car, but someone said earlier i think 4dlvr, that it will be hard to find any manual fairmonts....

sorry mate. wasnt directed at you at all. just the young 18 yo como driver or who ever. its good to see you so exicted about this car business. but as 4dlvr says, i ban you from having a commadore!

one of the best things would be to buy a car you see potential in. eg, is it possible to put the wheels you want on it? is there enough space in the dash for the hd you want? etc. make the car the way you want it to be / look / sound

i brought mine to do a little bit of towing and just open road cruising. plus it had only done 63000k, was immaculate inside and out and was being sold right when i needed a car a k from my house. i just like pimping around to the shops and uni in it now

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

why the f**k would i eva buy a commadore anyway? lol
Hey so fifty would u recomend a Futura?

and ive been unsuccefully hunting round on the net- mainly cbf factor cos its real late-
how much does it cost to get u car lowered? the whole package

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FPV GT Alex wrote:
why the f**k would i eva buy a commadore anyway? lol
Hey so fifty would u recomend a Futura?

and ive been unsuccefully hunting round on the net- mainly cbf factor cos its real late-
how much does it cost to get u car lowered? the whole package

mines a futura. basicly the stock falcon is 5 seats, radio, motor and tyres. a mule pritty much. the futra had elec windows, and a few other nicer touches on interior trim.

if you could find a coon with a hybrid motor, it would be a lot more reliable (in my opinion)

i lowered mine myself. $250 for ebay springs, $280 odd for the shocks (i think id have to check)

if you want pedifiles to do it, they'll charge another 200 min to do it and include a heap of other great crap you probably dont need at great expense. you'll need an alignment done after it though. bushes are a good idea if your under there in the first place.

mines around 40mm i think. high in the back but if the whole car was any lower, i wouldnt like town driving as much. too much hassle.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

imo go a el xr6 manual. it just comes dow to be the easist and cheapst to work with since it allready comes with bigger brakes, lsd, tickford snorkel etc. saves you the hassle of doing things later on. besides with a manual elxr6 spend $300 exhaust, $600 extractors and $100 for a knn filter and youve got yourself a high 14second car which would put all pre vt 5l to shame

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

when u gonna buy it?

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sure 4dlvr, if you could find an EL XR for 5g I'm sure he'd buy it. But good luck with that.

I've driven an EL Fairmont a fair bit, but prefer my EF Futura. Its lighter, faster and better on fuel. The only things I liked about the Fairmont was the Cluster and trip comp, but like I said, for 100bux you can have both of these in a Futura.

King Springs superlows cost me 205 delivered from ebay btw.
Shocks are about 300 for front and 150 for rear, thats shortened pedders to suit superlow spirings.
both easy to fit.

I'd recommend a Futura over a GLi by a mile, even tho it doesnt look like theres much difference, there is. Power mirrors, windows, almost plug and play trip comp and cluster as well as interior lighting which the gli dont have, and colour coded mirrors.

Futura > GLi

Fairmont > Futura, only if both are auto

Manual Futura > auto Fairmont.

I wouldnt swap my car for any fairmont, unless it was manual and cost no more than 500 more than what my futura cost me.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey krisisdog u should post some pics up of your car i want to see it -

and yeh im thinking of a 95 Futura :)

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

haha it doesnt look too flash, but ill get some and put them in my album thingo

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

pics in there now lol it neeeeeeds a wash haha

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

youve sort of got to remember too, that you can only really buy whats in you price range and what you find or thats avaliable at the time too

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
pics in there now lol it neeeeeeds a wash haha

sweet, good 2 c ur car, i like it :D

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

it looks better clean and on the road than it does dirty and on gravel :/

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh i can imagine.
f*** just found out tonight - im working friday (today) saturday, sun, mon, tues
5 hours each day ----- arhhhhh
anyways at least its all going towards my car thats what i keep telling myself!

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next