Whats the point in a 1000km race? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

Whats the point?
Your joking right, as said its an endurance race to test machinary, teams, drivers and everyone alike. It shows who the strong teams are, the domanint drivers etc.
Its a spectacle, something i look forward to every year, and if the safety car is there or not they still complete the ful 1000km's.
Its a race of attrition, see who comes out at the end. People crash due to component failure as it cops a beating, drivers lose concentration from fatigue etc.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

I see where ur coming from tho mate

lowndsy built up a 8 odd second lead and then cause of a safety car, they were forced to go same speed and started again basically even.. I know what u mean and sorta agree.. i dont agree no safety car, u NEED them, dont want anymore lives lost, but maybe after safety car the leader gets a certain time ahead or somethin i dunno, but I do understand where ur coming from

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

go back to production based cars i say. ford, holden all v8 supercars are basically the same and are nothing like v8 production cars appart from the shell.

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

I think the only screwy one is you twr7sux... LOL.
You wouldn't be saying s**t if Lowndes had of been in second, safety car came out, and he took Kelly and won the race!
I hated when the safety car came out, but f**k it made it so exciting, i almost bit the ends of my fingers off LOL.
I sat in the pub all arvo, there were heaps of guys coming back from footy trips etc dropping in for a cpl on their way home... Everytime they asked me who was winning i'd tell them, then i'd say if you're Holden then f**k off, to my surprise every single bloke that rolled in were Ford fans.

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

I agree with you slick, I much prefered the old days where they were production cars in price catagories, so many muscle cars were born cos of Bathurst. The Mighty Falcon GT, Monaro GTS, Torana A9X and the E49 Valiant just to name a few, they musta had some balls back then I tell you

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

AU99 wrote:
I agree with you slick, I much prefered the old days where they were production cars in price catagories, so many muscle cars were born cos of Bathurst. The Mighty Falcon GT, Monaro GTS, Torana A9X and the E49 Valiant just to name a few, they musta had some balls back then I tell you

the v8's now are the quickest cars to lap the mountain, even with the chase added in 87, they are still quicker than the HO's. they were quick for their time in a straight line but they had no brakes and couldn't steer.

in the late 80's early 90's when there were sierra's, m3's, xjs's, falcon's commodore's it was pretty good but then along came the r32 gtr and changed it for everyone. no more forced induction, no 4wd etc.

it is so much more than motor racing now, it is a business and has been drowned by a lot of politics and o.h & s rules and regulations.

having said that if those things weren't in place there would've been more than 1 death on the w/end.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

i like the gt production car series, where there's eevrything from celica's to fpv's and hsv's, beamers.
it's awesome watching almost factory-spec cars battle it out!

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2