Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Yes Bentles_Eb the Myth has been busted maybe... read on:
http://www.allpar.com/ed/2003/ford.html

ROFL man that is funny, that toss bag must have taken ages to compile that rubish.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
For those of you unfamiliar with John Force and his Ford Mustang he is the equivalent to Victor Bray and his 57 Chev but better by a country mile in Funny Cars.John Force actually started his Funny Car racing career her in OZ then returned to the U.S.A to be a dominate force in it for the past 19years. Anyway here is the link to the American Funny Car fan site that holds up the FORD flag for us FordFans
ttp://www.johnforceracing.com

from what i hear, if victor bray was racing in the states with thier rules, he'd be giving force a run for his money

Banned

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

I am still curious as to whether or not John Force actually runs a Ford Engine or a Chrysler one. As a check of John's s site dosen't actually quote stats on what sort Motor he is running in his Ford Mustang Funny car. Can anyone enlighten me on the real facts :D

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Bray's rival in the US is Scotty Cannon not John Force. Cannon runs doorslammers (in the US they are called pro mod) and force runs nitro flopers. In the early days of aus doorslammer during the mid 90's Scotty cannon toured Aus with Jonny Rocca and they used to grudge match with Victor Bray and his number 2 driver who was Troy Critchley at the time (ben was about 6 or 7 years old back then). I've got some old pics of the grudge matches. Cannon drove a 57 chev then moved onto a studebaker and rocca drove a 33 willys.
Critchley drove a customline which later became bens car before he stepped up to a 57 chev and we all know what big Vic drove. And where is Scotty Cannon now? Last news I heard was that he had retired.

And about funny car's I don't seem to think that a Chrysler Hemi powered custom eveeything car is not a true ford. The only thing ford in that car is the logo on the body. A 100%ford drag car is th McSweeney's falcon. That thing runs a fontana block and still runs wedge heads while the rest are running hemi's. Now that is built ford tough. Fastest FORD powred vehicle in the world.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
And about funny car's I don't seem to think that a Chrysler Hemi powered custom eveeything car is not a true ford. The only thing ford in that car is the logo on the body. A 100%ford drag car is the McSweeney's falcon. That thing runs a fontana block and still runs wedge heads while the rest are running hemi's. Now that is built ford tough. Fastest FORD powred vehicle in the world.

Yes thats true I just checked up the NHRA site and quote:
Funny Car
With aerodynamically enhanced carbon-fiber bodies that loosely resemble the production cars on which they are based, these supercharged, fuel-injected, nitromethane-burning machines travel the quarter-mile in 4.7 seconds at more than 325 mph. Most teams use an aluminum version of the 426 Chrysler Hemi engine that produces an estimated 8,000 horsepower.

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/cars.html

So unfortunately the only thing FORD on John Forces Funny Car is the f**k DECAL on the front :oops: :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted:

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

bentles_eb wrote:
yeh it would be what 1% ford.

aslong as that 1% is the engine thats all that counts

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

Henry Ford's reward from Hitler finally came in July 1938, when on his seventy-fifth birthday he was awarded the Grand Cross of the Supreme Order of the German Eagle. Ford was the first American and the fourth person in the world to receive this medal, which was the highest decoration that could be given to any non-German citizen. Benito Mussolini, another of Hitler's financiers, had been decorated with the same honor earlier that year.

Well, does this mean I should get a German Eagle hood ornament made then. Can't deny it would look good.

That is one anti Ford pro Dodge Chrysler character alright. But can't deny some recent Ford behaviour in Australia. It would seem that Ford enjoy resting on their laurals if not lazy fat asses waiting until the last possible minute until they implement something 'updated' to their cars. I might not be totally informed but they don't act like pioneers of the automobile to me. Instead they wait to see what Holden does first with engine power, and suspension and auto's etc. Then wait until late as possible before trying to match whatever the oposition has done. Interesting that it took until the year 2000 for IRS to become standard on the Falcon. Not even did the smooth and handsome FBT or E-series LTD have IRS, which was supposed to be flagship motoring at the time.
Nah with the aussie Ford sedan, if you want to see some ancient history, you don't have to go back many years.

Thats my 2 cents. But I am a Ford fan through and through, and I friggin hate the Commodore, don't mind the VB or VH especially the SLE's. But some of things about those sedans are really s**t too. 8-)

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Yeah, there's been a LOT of records broken in the 05 NHRA season... mostly in the top fuel rails tho... just a pity you have to be able to stomach ESPN in order to watch the season...

Funny car just a top fuel rail with a body slotted over it.

And yeah - not too many ford blocks being run in top fuel/funny car categories... top door prolly got a few...

Probably plenty of ford $$$ in that car tho :wink:

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2