Fordmods Logo

2008 Fordmods Cruisemod Nominations 

Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MK11

VIC, Australia

A question to the moderators. If there are no further nominations for Victoria positions, will the three nominees get the jobs?

The older I get the better I was!

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

nope - because our current cruise mods have the option of staying on if they so wish.
A members behaviour on fordmods or its cruises are taken into consideration. Obvioulsy we need to have people that will represent fordmods to the public and other members in a fashion befitting of the integrity of this website.
A members activity in regards to the meets and also participation in the forum are taken into consideration also!

Nicko

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

VIC, Australia

I'd actually prefer to have one of the old timers stay a mod, and just recruit 2 newbies.

More for the security of the meets. There's nothing wrong with the way things were going, and having someone who knows the internals of being a cruise mod still on board I think would be a wise move.

Post subject: Re: 2008 Fordmods Cruisemod Nominations
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:31 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

BuNtEr wrote:
now stated that formods are asking that at least 1 cruise every 6 weeks, i just want to know do we have to have a cruise once every 6 weeks due to the load we will already have with car shows, as 99% of the people that go to the car shows are the very people that go on the cruises, im not a rich man and i think same with the rest are in the same boat.

as i put allot of work into the car shows and so do the members that enter them as well.

im not having a gripe just asking a Question about the required 1 cruise every six weeks, is this flexible or is it strict 1 cruise every 6 weeks.

Sorry, I don't think it has been explained as clear as it could be - essentially (depending on state and member involvement / activity), it would be expected that there would be something available for members every 6 weeks - it could range from a weekend event like a social get together with a bbq and cruise to a mid-week crew for a cruise after hours.

For us Mexicans here in Vic - our events have ranged from weekend BBQs / show n shines (TBC for us Mexicans I think), mid-week cruises (largely driving around town with various locations to visit), car shows (organising a cruise before going to a show - ie auto salon, final battle, ford vs holden show etc), weekend activities (we organised a trip out to a tobogan park about 12 months ago - family oriented), mid-week fun stuff (laser games , mini golf and yes even a shooting range!).

The whole 6 week thing is probably best described for larger events - obviously smaller get-togethers can be arranged if there is demand and the like for fortnightly or however often the demand ! It is more of a guide to keep things from getting 'stale' - if every 4 weeks works out better or every 8 weeks does - then that's s case by case call that the cruise moderator should identify with.

The key to a successful cruise moderator is his / her ability to keep in touch with the local member-base, take on their thoughts / ideas and take into consideration what the members want (being a little creative helps here too). Any ties or affiliations with other organisations / clubs is also encouraged.

Without the support from each states local network of members, FordMods would not be what it is today !

Being a team player is also a good attribute :)

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:40 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

dcstraight wrote:
BuNtEr wrote:
now stated that formods are asking that at least 1 cruise every 6 weeks, i just want to know do we have to have a cruise once every 6 weeks due to the load we will already have with car shows, as 99% of the people that go to the car shows are the very people that go on the cruises, im not a rich man and i think same with the rest are in the same boat.

as i put allot of work into the car shows and so do the members that enter them as well.

im not having a gripe just asking a Question about the required 1 cruise every six weeks, is this flexible or is it strict 1 cruise every 6 weeks.

Sorry, I don't think it has been explained as clear as it could be - essentially (depending on state and member involvement / activity), it would be expected that there would be something available for members every 6 weeks - it could range from a weekend event like a social get together with a bbq and cruise to a mid-week crew for a cruise after hours.

For us Mexicans here in Vic - our events have ranged from weekend BBQs / show n shines (TBC for us Mexicans I think), mid-week cruises (largely driving around town with various locations to visit), car shows (organising a cruise before going to a show - ie auto salon, final battle, ford vs holden show etc), weekend activities (we organised a trip out to a tobogan park about 12 months ago - family oriented), mid-week fun stuff (laser games , mini golf and yes even a shooting range!).

The whole 6 week thing is probably best described for larger events - obviously smaller get-togethers can be arranged if there is demand and the like for fortnightly or however often the demand !

The key to a successful cruise moderator is his / her ability to keep in touch with the local member-base, take on their thoughts / ideas and simply provide what the members want - without the support from each states local network of members, FordMods would not be what it is today !

Being a team player is also a good attribute :)

That clears that up thanks pew lol.

I am looking forward to next year more and more, seams here in NSW we will be busy and enjoying it as well, the time i have been here enjoying the cruises and events dynos and car shows makes the months fly by when your having fun.

BANNED

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairmont XR-T

NSW, Australia

Nicko wrote:
Seasons Greetings All Fordmods Members,
The Admin team has decided to hold a nominations for all cruise moderator positions for 2008.
We are currently seeking nominations for the following positions

NSW - 3 Positions
ACT - 1 Position
VIC - 3 Positions
TAS - 1 Position
SA - 1 Position
WA - 2 Positions
NT - 1 Position
QLD - 2 Positions

If you are interested please add your name to the list below under the appropriate State. nominations will run till the 27th of December 2007 and the Admin team will then discuss and decide on the positions

The role would require someone who is self motivated and has good organizational skills. We would require a cruise to be run in each state around once every 6 weeks if not more often depending on the state.
You will have help etc from either another cruise mod or the admin team

All current cruise mods are automatically up for re-election unless they have asked not to run again.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me

Regards
Nick
On Behalf of the Fordmods Admin Team

2007 Cruise Moderator Nominations
NSW

ACT

VIC

TAS

SA

WA

NT

QLD

ok now we are looking 4 someone new right look at the fights we have cause some of the Events are unfair as u can C in what i have cut quoted ok i'm no 1 but yer this has 2 stop b4 u put the wrong person on 2 do a job if there not going 2 do it and b fair 2 all members ok , it shouldn't be about who as gone where and how many times it you should look at who has done something good 4 all members on here

fordfreak ef wrote:
BuNtEr wrote:
for now i will just sit this one out, i have some thinking to do.
must have missed the "I6 part!" :lol:

common bunter! dont be such a wet towell boycotting our events.. you know you wanna be there!!! :wink:

fordfreak ef wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
You sure 11 weeks is enough notice? :)

Sounds good, i'd defintely be in if it wasnt for the odd 900 km trip :cry:
surely they have dyno days in queensland??!! ther'es a qld cruise forum... :wink:

BuNtEr wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
You sure 11 weeks is enough notice? :)

Sounds good, i'd defintely be in if it wasnt for the odd 900 km trip :cry:
surely they have dyno days in queensland??!! ther'es a qld cruise forum... :wink:

they dont have dyno days in QLD they have B&S balls instead, with utes doing Circle work on the dirt. lol

BuNtEr wrote:
FAST-XR wrote:
Quote:
TerroristGHIA wrote:
I see this is 6 V 6, does that mean Data and Myself can't compete.
Brett

the trophies will be only for the 6 cylinders, the v8s and turbos will run but are not part of the comp...

cheers

i think they should be as it seems to be a lot unfair keeping us out dont we count ?. think before you answer that.

this is the 2nd dyno day that we have been excluded so it should be amended ASAP, dont make it a 3rd.

if you allow a V6 you should allow a V8, or it should be a I6 ford Vs I6 Holden.

BuNtEr wrote:
BuNtEr wrote:
FAST-XR wrote:
Quote:
TerroristGHIA wrote:
I see this is 6 V 6, does that mean Data and Myself can't compete.
Brett

the trophies will be only for the 6 cylinders, the v8s and turbos will run but are not part of the comp...

cheers

i think they should be as it seems to be a lot unfair keeping us out dont we count ?. think before you answer that.

this is the 2nd dyno day that we have been excluded so it should be amended ASAP, dont make it a 3rd.

if you allow a V6 you should allow a V8, or it should be a I6 ford Vs I6 Holden.

you need a pair of glasses as well by the looks of it..

Why are the V8s kept out of these comps its not lile were going to run a datsun 240k with a worked I6 as we know a datsun isnt a ford nor a holden but it is a I6.

FAST-XR wrote:
this event has been organised by nsw commodores, not by me or ford mods.

the last 6cly dyno day we had, they said that we rigged it in fords favour, we challenged them to organise another one at their own venue, time, and whatever, so we can prove that we whooped their a*** fair and square! so this is the rematch!

if you want a dyno day to include v8s, talk to a moderator to organise one, im organising the ford side of things for the dyno day organised by nswcc not by ford mods!

BuNtEr wrote:
FAST-XR wrote:
Quote:
you need a pair of glasses as well by the looks of it..

you posted that 4 mins after my reply which was the last post on that page! no wonder everyone thinks your a d**k!

owch lol hahah d**k wow no beer in that reply GOT MILK

BuNtEr wrote:
FAST-XR wrote:
bunter your just having a whinge, go say what you have to say to one of our moderators who may or may not be doing there jobs, and organise one with them, start ringing dyno operators and start a new thread for a dyno day you can compete in! as i said, we didnt organise this event! go and vent to someone else, somewhere else!

i dont get why your so upset about not being able to compete for trophies when you probably couldnt beat ony of the I6's running!

now lets keep this thread about the dyno day! ive been on the backs of nswcc to make this happen for a while now, lets make a good day of it!

i was just >> asking << as we dont get any for v8s or forced were is the harm in that.

Hey you started the name calling you take so much to heart but good to know were you sit dont it enough said. and it will be a good day for me.

PS
Seams people dont like to asked seems to challenge them some how why i dont know.

GOT MILK ?

Turboed EF Fairmont and Low rider LWB Toyota Hi Ace on EF 15" Fairmont Rims

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:35 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

XR_Fairmont wrote:
ok now we are looking 4 someone new right look at the fights we have cause some of the Events are unfair as u can C in what i have cut quoted ok i'm no 1 but yer this has 2 stop b4 u put the wrong person on 2 do a job if there not going 2 do it and b fair 2 all members ok , it shouldn't be about who as gone where and how many times it you should look at who has done something good 4 all members on here

If you want anyone to take you seriously, work on your spelling and grammar, because you have managed to butcher the english language to such an extent that I can't even begin to understand what it is you are trying to say.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:59 pm 
Technical Contributor

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
XR_Fairmont wrote:

If you want anyone to take you seriously, work on your spelling and grammar, because you have managed to butcher the english language to such an extent that I can't even begin to understand what it is you are trying to say.

Look it don’t have to do with spelling or grammar, s**t i should know mine is bad.

Bossko its not a fight dude and all is good, people have to lean to agree to disagree without it becoming a knock down drag out s**t fight.

i can see what your trying to say but the powers to be know who will be a mod and who will not be, as there desition also reflect on fordmods and they will make the right choice.

If you read past the post your shown here you will see Vince and I still talk without it being a cat fight.

Edit:

Steady ED
not everyone can spell correctly or use punctuation or grammar in the right way, but it don’t mean people are stupid or should be ignored or put down.

I am one of them was branded a idiot at school could not spell or read. But i do ok self taught.

Bossko try not to use SMS or MSN jargon take your time, as one wise mod said to me on this forum make every post count, if you have to use MS word as a spell checker do so

BANNED

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Guys, this is for nominations, if you have a problem then take it up with those concerned.... This is not the thread for it!

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Or take it up with a moderator - but if your going to explain it like above we will struggle to understand what your saying!

Bunter - Dcstraights explanation is spot on - In theory nsw should be having a small mid week cruise or weekend bbq cruise every 3 weeks -
Down in vic we have the demand to do it every 2 weeks - This is something you will have to take note of.
NSW has potential for alot of growth atm, you could probably get away with an event every 8 weeks at the present time. But as the attendees grow and the demand for cruises go you will need to re evaluate how often you have cruises.
Thats why it states that demand it we have more mods to "share the load" (and not in the sexual sense) so that our cruise mods can still have a life!

If you have any more questions fire away and we will do our best to answer

Nicko

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I would nominate, but will more than likely be OS again in the new year.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED GLi Classic

VIC, Australia

I nominated myself as tentative. I live in Ballarat and don't have a lot of spare time on my hands, so I probably wouldn't be suited to the job. But, can't hurt to stick my name up. If I ended up getting chosen, I'd do my best to organize the events, but probably wouldn't be able to make it to some of them.

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

i guess i cant nominate myself seeing i dont own a ford anymore hey ha ha ha

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Not long left!
Bomber has pulled out for victoria and so has haggis for nsw

Nicko

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:07 am 
Technical Contributor