3 new technical documents 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: 3 new technical documents
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

What a busy group of writers and mod guru's we have ;) thanks to snap0964 and ebgizmo for their new doco's covering XH BEM information located at http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=89 and an engine kill switch at http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=88 respectively.

We have also begun compiling a list of ADR and State Law regarding modifications to motor vehicles - http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=90

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

that kill switch docoone is awesome i was looking for this kind of info a while back then i all of a sudden found my car already had one.

had it for 2 years and never realise that how hidden it is. works for gas and petrol and will stop a running motor and wont alow one to start so im happy.

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

hey greg,
i dont wanna start nuffin but, is there any chance that you could shrink the images in EBGizmo's doco's. he does awesome diagrams but there bloody huge, and you have to scroll to read alot of the stuff. just maybe put a sticker on it saying "image was too big, click here for original pic"
otherwise..great work guys!

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Looking good, just a visual note, in the first diagram for the kill switch, there is no power going to the positive coil of the relay. Is that a typo or am I missing something, cheers.

Otherwise, great stuff.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Just a quick note on the "doco" for XH BEM , I have a 10/96 povo pack ute and it seems it has a stripped down BEM, it has no provision for keyless entry. The BEM is black in colour, I have removed it and pulled it apart and it does not have any of the relays that relate to the keyless entry scheme of things. I have tried putting a EF BEM in but the wiring plug has not got any of the wires as described in the table relating to the door lock actuators .

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

falc94 wrote:
Just a quick note on the "doco" for XH BEM , I have a 10/96 povo pack ute and it seems it has a stripped down BEM, it has no provision for keyless entry. The BEM is black in colour, I have removed it and pulled it apart and it does not have any of the relays that relate to the keyless entry scheme of things. I have tried putting a EF BEM in but the wiring plug has not got any of the wires as described in the table relating to the door lock actuators .
As per the doco, your model is an XHI, but it's not an 'S' or an XR, so it won't have keyless entry. With your EF BEM, you need to add the lock/unlock lines.
The actuators may be wired in the doors - keylock/unlock a door, and see if the other follows. If so, the doco covers the rest.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
hey greg,
i dont wanna start nuffin but, is there any chance that you could shrink the images in EBGizmo's doco's. he does awesome diagrams but there bloody huge, and you have to scroll to read alot of the stuff. just maybe put a sticker on it saying "image was too big, click here for original pic"
otherwise..great work guys!

yes I'll get to that on the weekend hopefully!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

lINK TO THE QUEENSLAND ONE DOESN'T WORK :twisted: :shock:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Fixed :)

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

jEEZ YOU'RE QUICK by the time I looked it up on my sheet (i am a qld authorised examiner) you had fixed it as I was about to post the link to the pdf file thanks for that :D

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

Damn great doco, I'm certainly going to install one soon.... :D

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:04 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EFII Sedan

QLD, Australia

Oops! Haven't been checking up on this section.

Thanks smiley235 for pointing out that autocad typo ;-) Seems I didn't extend that line when I was moving things around when tidying up.

Updated pic has been sent to Happy to have this rectified.

If you find any more errors, please PM me as I will reply within 24 hours (usually)

EF II Sedan
Ex Chaser, Dual Fuel (Impco LPG)
LSD High, 3.23, Black wheels, other shiny bits.

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]