<img src="http://rarecomau00.web121.discountasp.net/nbv21/uploads/images/client/31/img_FD_Bright_Bathurst_Thursday_06.jpg"> <img src="http://rarecomau00.web121.discountasp.net/nbv21/uploads/images/client/31/img_FD_Johnson_Bathurst_Thursday_06.jpg">
CAT Ford Performance Racing's Jason Bright has set the second fastest in today's opening practice session for the Super Cheap Auto 1000 at Bathurst.
Bright who will be partnered by fellow Sandown 500 winner Mark Winterbottom set his time late after improving the Falcon throughout the practice session.
"A very solid session for us and we are tracking very well for the weekend," said Bright.
"We improved the car throughout and importantly we are making sure it's very comfortable to drive.
"There's still a long way to go, but I'm sure we can get more out of it for qualifying and then we can concentrate on our race package."
Winterbottom was also happy with the #6 Ford despite having limited time in the car today.
"Importantly I feel very confident in myself and the car," said Winterbottom.
"I quite enjoy letting Jason worry about getting the car sorted for qualifying and then I just have to concentrate on racing.
"I'll get plenty of laps tomorrow and I'm more than happy with that.
"We are following the same plan as Sandown and we got a win at that meeting, so I'll be happy with a repeat effort."
Setting the fourth quickest time was First Rock Home Loans Racing's Steven Johnson who was delighted with the pace of the #17 Falcon straight out of the box.
"We have snuck under a lot people's radar which is not a problem for us," said Johnson.
"We have no problem in everyone concentrating on the likes of Ford Performance Racing and Team Betta Electrical. We are happy to be the other Ford team.
"Very rarely does the fastest car from practice and qualifying actually go on to win this race. So we are not concerned that there are some faster cars right now.
"We might need a little bit of luck to win the race. However, you have to have everything go your way if you are to win Bathurst. So we'll go in with the aim of doing well and if the opportunity comes our way to win then we will go for it.
Co-driver Will Davison is confident of further improvement come the weekend.
"The car is very good, we just want to make it better," said Davison.
"I gave the boys a bit of a scare when I scraped the wall, but it's all OK. Better to get that out of my system now!
"The team is really firing right now. We have improved a lot over the last few races and there's nothing wrong with being on the money at this time of the year."
Sixth fastest was Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup in the Team Betta Electrical Falcon ahead of a group of Falcons. James Courtney and Glenn Seton (JELD-WEN Motorsport) in seventh, Russell Ingall and Luke Youlden (Caltex Racing) in eighth with John Bowe and Brad Jones (Team BOC) in ninth.
Tomorrow's rundown includes two more practice sessions before qualifying in the afternoon.
Network Ten's coverage begins tomorrow with qualifying coverage between 1pm-4pm (EST), with Saturday's coverage from 12pm-5pm and Sunday's all-day telecast screening from 7am-5pm.
Top-10 practice - Bathurst Thursday
1. Mark Skaife/Garth Tander : Holden Racing Team : Holden Commodore VZ 2:08.1727
2. Jason Bright/Mark Winterbottom : CAT Ford Performance Racing : Ford Falcon -0.7938
3. Rick Kelly/Todd Kelly : Toll HSV Dealer Team : Holden Commodore -0.8076
4. Steven Johnson/Will Davison : First Rock Home Loans racing : Ford Falcon -0.8326
5. Steven Richards/Paul Dumbrell : Jack Daniel's Racing : Holden Commodore -0.8886
6. Craig Lowndes/Jamie Whincup : Team Betta Electrical : Ford Falcon -1.1556
7. James Courtney/Glenn Seton : JELD-WEN Motorsport - Ford Falcon -1.1781
8. Russell Ingall/Luke Youlden : Caltex Racing : Ford Falcon -1.5147
9. John Bowe/Brad Jones : Team BOC : Ford Falcon -1.5679
10. Greg Murphy/Cameron McConville : Super Cheap Auto Racing : Holden Commodore -1.5782
Championship after 8 of 13 rounds
1. Craig Lowndes: Team Betta Electrical: Ford Falcon 2218 pts
2. Rick Kelly: Toll HSV: Holden Commodore -27 pts
3. Mark Winterbottom: Ford Credit / BroadIP FPR: Ford Falcon -235 pts
4. Garth Tander: Toll HSV: Holden Commodore -370 pts
5. Jamie Whincup: Team Betta Electrical: Ford Falcon -494 pts
6. Russell Ingall: Caltex Racing: Ford Falcon -496 pts
7. Jason Bright: CAT FPR: Ford Falcon -504 pts
8. Steven Johnson: First Rock Home Loans: Ford Falcon -525 pts
9. Steven Richards: Jack Daniel's racing: Holden Commodore -636 pts
10. Mark Skaife: Holden Racing Team: Holden Commodore -800 pts
WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
Joined: 6th Jul 2005
Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute
woohooo! carn ford!
Joined: 16th Jul 2005
Ride: EA2 5 spd
they were still a while behind skaife/tander though but skaife will crash come race day its what he does best.
|Who is online|
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest