Fordmods Logo

Ford Mustang for Australia? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Ford Mustang for Australia?
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

Macca wrote:
obie89 wrote:
as much as i love the mustang and would love to see it here it is the classic American mentality - our way or the highway.

why do we have to stop producing a car iconic to the people of this country built by and for people in this country, when the Americans don't have to give up their beloved mustang. double standards.

by all means create a global chassis and major components like brake calipers and all those transferable bits and pieces but let us keep the falcon name badge and the right to style it here.

I'm Ford through and through but i do not want to be FORCED to buy a Mustang i want to have the choice between Mustang and Falcon.

It isn't really a choice between Mustang or Falcon, one is a lighter 2 door the other is a 4 door, being two door it won't have that big of sales in comparison, it has been a gone before and now even less likely to succeed here when you have the media calling a small car a family car now.

I spun out the other day when the Telegraph had a write up for "family cars", it showed the Mazda 3 and similar cars, they are far from family cars as you physically "CAN NOT" 3 kids under 7 in them, you require 3 booster seats of various designs by law, even if you have one over 7 they are squished in the centre, even with two you need two new seats as older booster seats are too big to allow for a third child, so if you have three kids with some under 7 and care about their comfort you still need to buy a large car.

we have 3 kids under 7. even the falcon is a bit small really plenty of room, just getting them in is a b**ch. considering a van.

the mustang in the states would way out sell the falcon in aussie.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

Troy wrote:
Macca wrote:
obie89 wrote:
as much as i love the mustang and would love to see it here it is the classic American mentality - our way or the highway.

why do we have to stop producing a car iconic to the people of this country built by and for people in this country, when the Americans don't have to give up their beloved mustang. double standards.

by all means create a global chassis and major components like brake calipers and all those transferable bits and pieces but let us keep the falcon name badge and the right to style it here.

I'm Ford through and through but i do not want to be FORCED to buy a Mustang i want to have the choice between Mustang and Falcon.

It isn't really a choice between Mustang or Falcon, one is a lighter 2 door the other is a 4 door, being two door it won't have that big of sales in comparison, it has been a gone before and now even less likely to succeed here when you have the media calling a small car a family car now.

I spun out the other day when the Telegraph had a write up for "family cars", it showed the Mazda 3 and similar cars, they are far from family cars as you physically "CAN NOT" 3 kids under 7 in them, you require 3 booster seats of various designs by law, even if you have one over 7 they are squished in the centre, even with two you need two new seats as older booster seats are too big to allow for a third child, so if you have three kids with some under 7 and care about their comfort you still need to buy a large car.

we have 3 kids under 7. even the falcon is a bit small really plenty of room, just getting them in is a b**ch. considering a van.

I think, Troy, you've just hit on what they are trying to do...there IS a push to small cars but there is ALSO the whole American truck/SUV/minivan idea too - these are, by far, the biggeast sellers in the states - Ford here would probably love it for you to go buy a Territory or similar...when you look at the states these days nobody drives a big late model car because there really aren't any - even their cop forces are looking at things like Aussie Caprices because there really isn't anything big and RWD besides trucks, SUV's etc...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Troy wrote:

We did have 3 under 7, we actually had 4 kids at home and bought a Delica with 7 seats, even adults have heaps of room to stretch out, it is off the road for a little while and the oldest has moved out so we are driving the old EL wagon around, it isn't to bad as we have a seat with a harness in the centre and only need one booster seat as the 7yr old was even to big for a booster before 7.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
Nothing's new under the sun.... you've been able to buy Mustangs brand new from a Ford dealer in Adelaides eastern suburbs since before 2000 that I know of - if you can do it in Adelaide there must be other Ford dealers around the country doing it.

Nothing new 2 - people acting like 4 cyl Mustangs are a new thing... check out Mustang II's from the late 70's, you could buy them with a Pinto 4 (same as a 2 litre Cortina motor) and of course there have been 6 cyl Mustangs from day 1 to the present day...

Tickford imported and converted the mustang for a few years last decade. You could walk into any ford dealership in Australia drop 80k on the table ad drive out in a new 4.6 V8 mustang. Beats the s**t out of paying 150k+ for a privately imported 6cyl.
Tickford also imported F150 trucks as well. Can't remember if we got the 7.3 powerstroke, only the 5.4 petrol.
Anyone priced up a privately imported full sized pickup. You could buy a house for the price of a superduty.

Im all for it as long as we don't get the 4cyl ecoboost only option.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

There are definitely lots of 7.3 Powerstroke F trucks around Sydney. I assumed they were available as standard Ford stock in the post-Tickford days.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Just going back to what we were saying about diesels and performance and whether they go together or not, check this out...bit of a lead up to when it actually leaves the line, but jeez it takes off when it does...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2yn0CoH4fM

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
tearlejc wrote:
Nothing's new under the sun.... you've been able to buy Mustangs brand new from a Ford dealer in Adelaides eastern suburbs since before 2000 that I know of - if you can do it in Adelaide there must be other Ford dealers around the country doing it.

Nothing new 2 - people acting like 4 cyl Mustangs are a new thing... check out Mustang II's from the late 70's, you could buy them with a Pinto 4 (same as a 2 litre Cortina motor) and of course there have been 6 cyl Mustangs from day 1 to the present day...

Tickford imported and converted the mustang for a few years last decade. You could walk into any ford dealership in Australia drop 80k on the table ad drive out in a new 4.6 V8 mustang. Beats the s**t out of paying 150k+ for a privately imported 6cyl.
Tickford also imported F150 trucks as well. Can't remember if we got the 7.3 powerstroke, only the 5.4 petrol.
Anyone priced up a privately imported full sized pickup. You could buy a house for the price of a superduty.

Im all for it as long as we don't get the 4cyl ecoboost only option.

I think you will find that the Mustang was for only special dealers, as was the Cougar out around the same time, media gave them a bad wrap and I know every Mustang I saw had terrible finish and paint had more orange peel than an orange has.
I don't remember Ford Australia bringing over the F150 and I don't think the F150 was available with a diesel.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Harrigan Ford at Yallah (between Dapto and Albion park) was selling new short bed F150's back in 2001. I remember as it was when my father purchased the AU that just wont die.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:48 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 98 mondeo

Oustide Australia

Hello for the U.S. you want the Mustang and we want the Falcon. I guess the grass is always greener :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2