Ford sheds hundreds of jobs 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Ford sheds hundreds of jobs
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Ford have been hopeless for years but. In late 96/early 97 I went into a couple of Ford dealers and wanted to buy a EL Fairmont Ghia , 5.0 , 5 speed in Black. The finance was provisionally approved from the bank and I knew being a special order it wasnt going to be built quick. I didnt care if it took 6 months to turn up. I wanted it and was preparred to pay for the priviledge and wait.
Fords reply from a couple of different dealers? No. If I want a 5.0 5 speed buy an XR8 and I couldnt have that in black neither.Pity I didnt want an XR8. I wanted the grandpa insurance of the Ghia.
After a lot of drama I finally got the ok to have a 5.0 Ghia built in black IF they had a run of them going down the line at some stage but the 5 speed was out of the question. A dealer fitted conversion wasnt even an option.
I figured if I was spending 40+large on a car it had to be 150% what I wanted before I bought it.
I ended up just telling Ford to shove it and waited a bit and bought the old mans Camaro off him.

Makes you wonder how many other sales Ford have p****d away over the years with their blatent refusal to budge even slightly when someone wants something special and is preparred to wait and pay for it.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: you couldnt get HENRYS favourite colour-he owns it,he would shoot the lot :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

We don't know the full story.. Ford internationally is doing very well as I understand it.. only ford AU is in the toilet.

I think it's possible that ford US doesn't want the falcon to succeed since the plan on killing it and giving us the Taurus instead... Maybe ford US mandates which ad companies and ads ford AU is allowed to run?

who knows.. hard to speculate to be honest.. I had hoped that the falcon would end up merged with the mustang but I don't think current ford management are smart enough to pull it off successfully.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

A few engineering graduates from Wollongong uni have scored work at Ford over the years, only to leave part way through cause they hated things there. Most of them jumped ship to toyota which is a much more liberal and free company.
The standard ford response was "we are not pursuing such and such an option due to a lack of money and thats that. Case closed".
Toyota on the other hand is "go for your life son. We'll even fly you to head office in Japan for 6 months so you can learn from the best of the best".

The only thing that will save Ford AU is to bring back Geoff Polities from the dead.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

its dissapointing to hear, ford america dont give a crap about australia and im sure that why they made an american president of ford aus.
i agree that when the government gave 10s of million of dollars to the car company they were only delaying the future, so instead of investing it in a lost cause they should of given money to the workers instead.
i now il get flamed for this, but falcon sales are bugger all,you can get a turbo6, turbo4,supercharged v8 and lpi falcon and stuff all people are still getting them, the territory is an all round more practical car,sales show that people either want an suv or small car, why not drop the falcon and use the money saved there to invest in better quality control and development for the territory and use the space at the factory to build the focus here?

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2