Fordmods Logo

Global Ford executives back Falcon - for now 

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Global Ford executives back Falcon - for now
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

The sooner that they get rid of the Falcon and Commodore for that matter) the better. The build quality is a joke, they are not built for "Australian Conditions", they are built to a price, after sales support at your Ford dealer is a laughable matter, they don't want to know about warranty repairs. I have worked at a MAJOR Ford dealer in Newcastle and they way I have seen spare parts treated is disgusting, I was ashamed to admit I worked there.

Japanese/European cars are they way to go. Build quality is through the roof, customer service is second to none. Ford and Holden have had it to easy for to long, giving the customer s**t, and not worrying about, espcaially in the early days. The general population had a choice of Holden or Ford, it wasn't until Datsun come in the 1970's I think it was that they got a shake up.

I am in the process of getting rid of my AU Falcon and waiting for my Toyota Hilux SR5 to turn up. I have know other people who have been thru and thru Holden and Ford fans, once they have gone to Japanese cars, they are wondering why didn't do it years earlier.

Death to Falcon and Commodore.....

I LOVE THE TASTE OF A SALTY MAN MEMBER

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

Holocaust wrote:
The sooner that they get rid of the Falcon and Commodore for that matter) the better. The build quality is a joke, they are not built for "Australian Conditions", they are built to a price, after sales support at your Ford dealer is a laughable matter, they don't want to know about warranty repairs. I have worked at a MAJOR Ford dealer in Newcastle and they way I have seen spare parts treated is disgusting, I was ashamed to admit I worked there.

Japanese/European cars are they way to go. Build quality is through the roof, customer service is second to none. Ford and Holden have had it to easy for to long, giving the customer s**t, and not worrying about, espcaially in the early days. The general population had a choice of Holden or Ford, it wasn't until Datsun come in the 1970's I think it was that they got a shake up.

I am in the process of getting rid of my AU Falcon and waiting for my Toyota Hilux SR5 to turn up. I have know other people who have been thru and thru Holden and Ford fans, once they have gone to Japanese cars, they are wondering why didn't do it years earlier.

Death to Falcon and Commodore.....

i would have to totally agree with the whole cheap shlt we have on out hands that we call commys and falcons. have a good look over a fg or new commy...

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2004 Ford Falcon XT

NSW, Australia

CamFord wrote:
I think the move to front wheel drive is a bad one.
Having said that, I don't want a Taurus. I want a Falcon.

But who truly knows what the future will bring. I hope there will be another Falcon after the FG, but I am also not that optimistic. Fingers crossed.

Amen Bro

2004 BA Falcon:4 spd auto 2.5" Redback sports exhaust, 1 muffler, hi-flow cat & Hurricane extractors, CSA 17" alloys, K&N panel filter, XR6T snorkel...more coming soon
check my build thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/my-ba-falcon-build-t111061.html

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:40 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

at the end of the day it makes no sense to keep the falcon going. ford is an american company with an american guy president of ford australia. fords goal at the moment is to do "one ford" so there not going to want to pour 100s of millions of dollars into a car when australia is the only major purchaser. the quality of the falcon is crap and it has been for years.

i think ford will lose a lot of buyers when they drop the falcon buy they have alreadly lost many already over the years with there poor quality, even poorer advertising and at times rediculous spare parts pricing.

if ford scrapped the falcon tomorrow it would make jack s**t difference to ford americas profits.

before i get shot down for saying this be aware that i am a ford fan and have owned several over the years, but if people look beyond the falcon badge they will realise they aint the gratest car out there.

and if people get the s**t with what i wrote and want the falcon to go on for decades to come, its easy go out and buy a brand new one, the more they sell the more they will make.

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

I'll miss it, but hey guys bear this in mind, last weekend my mates maxima split the radiator towing the boat back frrm taupo to palmerston north. We got towed on the desert road by a crazy but genuine dude in his 1600 sohc auto honda quite old too, towing a boat trailer and car at over 100km/h crazy ae and thats from a fwd sohc! imagine what the fwd falcon could still do.

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Unless Ford US has upped the ante we have nothing to look forward to quality wise, the US Fords make Aussie Fords look like Rolls Royce, the only thing they have got right is the engines.

It isn't just a worker quality issue, it is a design quality issue, I wouldn't get them to design and produce toilet paper as you would always end touching s**t.

Anyone that loves US products should have directed their guide dog over to the last Mustangs Ford Australia brought over here and just rub their hand over the paint work, it will either feel like the Sunday paper in braille or a car shaped orange.
We were calling Explorers exploders before we found out about the tire issues, they were POS, for the little amount sold they made Falcons look real good and most of the time there was no fix because the warranty repairs were not rectified parts, just new of the same part, pure chasing your tail. I wonder if some of the roll overs were more to do with something falling off than the tyres falling off, I saw them turn up with a bolt missing of a calliper, bolts fall out of handbrake centre cable lever and endless other missing things, this did not include coolant leaks, camshaft gear failures and the other endless issues. You would think the Exploder was designed for US big fellows, well a just above average fellow had his seat springs fail about 6 months, they were replaced and they just did it again, it was easy to see it was going to happen as they were just bad designed.

What we need to do is us the media in a positive way for Australia (I know it will be hard for them, most of them have their heads up their a*** and Australians are their own worse enemies) and get some US cars in the specs they would come here and then compare them to Australia cars, no comparing to them to anything else just the crap we will end up here.
I am not talking about drive days on a race track with perfect roads, a road trip across Australia and not on the main hwys, include in this towing (including using a boat ramp and a car on a trailer), loaded with family, loaded with big fellas, this needs to be done on roads full of hills, not of the flat roads European and Jap engines love. Now lets see what is the best al-rounder which isn't a 3T 4WD.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3