Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: RUSSELL INGALL WINS 2005 V8 SUPERCAR TITLE
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Russell Ingall (Caltex Racing) is the 2005 V8 Supercar Champion!

It's Ford's third consecutive Driver's championship.

Ingall led home a Ford championship 1-2-3, with Craig Lowndes (Team Betta Electrical) in second outgoing two-time champion Marcos Ambrose (Pirtek Racing) in third. It was the first 1-2-3 for Ford since 1993 when Glenn Seton won from Alan Jones and John Bowe

On a great day for Ford, Ambrose won the final round, the BigPond Grand Finale at Phillip Island to secure Ford the Manufacturers Cup.

Coming into the Phillip Island round, Stone Brothers Racing had already clinched the Team's title and Craig Lowndes finished the season with the most pole positions (five).

Another award for Stone Brothers Racing this weekend was the Snickers Pit Crew award which netted the team $50,000.

A four-time runner-up in the series, Ingall finally took the number #1 plate with fifth place overall for the round.

Ingall played the perfect balance of aggressive driving with plenty of caution over the three races.

"I have a little bit of mixed emotions, but I am glad it's over," said Ingall.

"I guess I am waiting for it all to sink in. Maybe that will happen after a few VBs with the Caltex crew tonight.

"This is a fantastic result for Ford, Caltex, Bosch and everyone involved with Stone Brothers Racing.

"So many people have worked so hard for this moment and I am happy it has finally come.

"I had a few moments out there in the races, but I guess they all seem "moments" when you have the championship on the line.

"At the end of the day, you don't go slower in the head as you get older, just physically.

"If you can keep yourself fit, you are in the game and I plan to do that for sometime yet.

"Now we have number one on the door we are the target for next season and we need to ensure we are ready.

"We will review of weaknesses over Christmas and fix them. Then we can blast into 2006 as the champions.

"You have to be smart and quick to win this championship. You have to do absolutely everything. What ever it takes.

"Our job was made easier this weekend because the Caltex Falcon was quick, but because of our situation we could not really show how quick it was."

For Ambrose a victory in his final race before heading to the USA to follow a racing career in NASCAR racing was a special way to end this chapter in Australian V8 racing.

"My time in V8 Supercars has been pretty special and to go out with a win like we did today and give Ford the manufacturers' title is extra special," said Ambrose.

"I have built up some tremendous friendships in this series up and down pit lane then you have everyone at Ford and Pirtek.

"There was a tear in my eye there at the end, but at the same time I am excited about what lies ahead.

"I had a terrific car this weekend and I guess to win the round was a great reward for all boys and a fitting way to go out.

"I have to thank Ford, Pirtek, my crew and Ross and Jimmy Stone and their families for all their support and giving me the opportunity for such success over the last five years."

Craig Lowndes gave it everything over the weekend to try and beat Ingall to the championship. He won the opening race of the weekend before finishing third in the second race. However, a drive through penalty for pitlane infringement all but ended his charge.

"Second overall in the championship is still a great result," said Lowndes.

"It's great for Russell to finally break through for the title. For Marcos to win the round and secure Ford the manufacturer's title is awesome for all the Blue Oval teams.

"We took four round wins this year and we are delighted with that. Team Betta Electrical has done an amazing job this year and we take plenty of confidence into 2006.

Team now take a well earned break over the summer period and regroup at the opening round, the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide 23-26 of Adelaide.

Next year's championship will have some new formats introduced, including reverse grid races at a number of rounds.

Championship - Top-10
1. Russell Ingall Caltex Racing Ford Falcon BA 1754pts
2. Craig Lowndes Team Betta Electrical Ford Falcon BA -57pts
3. Marcos Ambrose Pirtek Racing Ford Falcon BA -66pts
4. Todd Kelly Holden Racing Team Holden Commodore -162pts
5. Mark Skaife Holden Racing Team Holden Commodore -168pts
6. Garth Tander HSV Dealer Team Holden Commodore -188pts
7. Steven Richards Castrol Racing Holden Commodore -253pts
8. Rick Kelly HSV Dealer Team Holden Commodore -292pts
9. Jason Bright CAT Ford Performance Racing Ford Falcon BA -356pts
10. Cameron McConville Valvoline Racing Holden Commodore -421pts

Phillip Island - Top-10 Overall
1. Marcos Ambrose Pirtek Racing Ford Falcon BA
2. Garth Tander HSV Dealer Team Holden Commodore
3. Rick Kelly HSV Dealer Team Holden Commodore
4. Greg Murphy Super Cheap Auto Racing Holden Commodore
5. Russell Ingall Caltex Racing Ford Falcon BA
6. Craig Lowndes Team Betta Electrical Ford Falcon BA
7. Steve Ellery Team Betta Electrical Ford Falcon BA
8. Paul Weel Super Cheap Auto Racing Holden Commodore
9. Paul Radisich Team Kiwi Holden Commodore
10. Mark Skaife Holden Racing Team Holden Commodore

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:00 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

heheheh OLD NEWS :P

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

I hope you cut and pasted that Brad - there are some errors ... I love the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide 23-26 of Adelaide. From now on we don't use the Gregorian calender. It is now the 23rd of Adelaide 2006 when the Clipsal 500 will be held! lol

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Mini Cooper S Supercharged

NSW, Australia

How were Rusty's Doughnuts Eh? Pretty Mad!!

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:26 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/mod ... nction.mp3

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Mini Cooper S Supercharged