Page 8 of 8 [ 120 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post subject: Re: Serious News...
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Nicko wrote:
nah discharging myself because id feel id get more physio being at home and tinkering with the cars!
Good on you. No matter what anyone else says, you know your own body better than them and no one would claim to know your mind better than you do... Knock up a wobble board for the ankles and have a good look at any equipment the rehab place has that you like. It's not hard to improvise something at home really..!

Is VIC trying to say male nurses are gay or something? That's a stereotype that could lead to trouble. The teaching profession is being cleared of all males already and this is leading to our male kids being turned into girly girls by all the female teachers who are more concerned about feelings and flowers than footy and cars.

It means going along to parent teacher nights is a lot more interesting but.

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Nicko has been known to sexually try and throw a leg over some of the blokes on cruises... it wouldn't be hard to imagine those poor impressioanble male nurses getting sexually frustrated with Nicko on the prowl.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

So Nicko, are you like doing leg lifts and kms on treadmills and excersise bikes etc

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Vic wrote:
Nicko has been known to sexually try and throw a leg over some of the blokes on cruises... it wouldn't be hard to imagine those poor impressioanble male nurses getting sexually frustrated with Nicko on the prowl.
Oh right. Bugger me then.
Actually... I take that back. Sorry Nicko.

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

VIC, Australia

I must be working in the wrong joint cause I'm yet to come across any sexually frustrated male nurses!

Plenty of female ones though...

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

O rly? and what hospital is this amber? might have to have a minor accident outside.

Glad to hear nicko's going home soon.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Amber wrote:
I must be working in the wrong joint cause I'm yet to come across any sexually frustrated male nurses!

How would you know if Nicko was in a comma? those male nurses would of taken advantage of the state of coma he was in and satisfy themselves when they're cleaning the patient. :lol:
Nicko would of enjoyed it but he would admit to it!

and for female nurses?....... :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Slick wrote:
Amber wrote:

How would you know if Nicko was in a comma? those male nurses would of taken advantage of the state of coma he was in and satisfy themselves when they're cleaning the patient. :lol:
Nicko would of enjoyed it but he would admit to it!

and for female nurses?....... :lol:

Nick is either still mentally drained or there has been brain damage (then again how would we know :twisted: ) I would have thought he would have replied to this, hell he didn't reply to the msg I left on his voicemail.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

I agree.
He has been all sensible and friendly in his posts since he's back on the forum and that's just not the Nicko we know. Is it the real Nicko?

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Well i got discharged from rehab on friday, however still have some work to do till im 100%. Im at my folks place and getting around alot more and im pretty self sufficent. Able to walk and get up stairs etc, however walking is still a bit slow as i still need to work on my leg strength. However im hoping a fortnight and i should be near enough to where i was and able to start going back to work etc.
Im lucky work has been great, and ill probably do some half days etc first when i go back and get back into it.

Its been a bit of alife changing experience, apparently i came pretty close to death and my poor parents were being told the outlook was bleak etc, However because i was in a coma and have no recollection of it ( thanks to the drug medazzalin!) its a bit hard for me to fathom what happened.
Ill definantly go to the doctor at the first chance i feel sick rather than waiting the 5 days like i did!
Funny thing was a guy at work had swine flu 3 weeks earlier and we all went to our gp's and he wrote it off said i had nothing to worrie about and it was just like the normal flu!
Boy did i proove him wrong! I understand now how people can die from it!

Nicko

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well Nicko, I am glad that you pulled through and came back to us. I am sure your Mum and Dad were over the moon to know that there Son was and IS on the mend. I hope you get back to 100% soon mate. :)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

Quote:
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:51 am

MadMatt wrote:
Not good news at all, I went to a friends funeral on friday.
He was put in a induced coma 3 days before his death...
He was only 32 and a mad Ford man.
Best wishes and I realy hope you pull through.

Yes mate, I was worried about you.
Glad to hear that things are getting better for you.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

VIC, Australia

My 6 year old Daughter is just getting over Swine Flu, and I told her teacher like the Dr suggested, and she said "Oh! Tht's the 5th case so far!"

Ya whaaaa...??

The day Darcy was at her worst I dragged her around Etihad all day. She slept from the first bounce until I woke her when it was time to leave. She slept all the way home, and then slept until morning. The following morning she was screaming with a headache, and was unable to weight bear, after it took me 10 mins to get a response out of her.

Looking back now, I carry such guilt for not listening to my instincts and taking her to the doc ASAP. I waited until it got worse. It's not something to be taken lightly. As we've all seen, it can nearly kill people.

Nick, I'm so thankful you pulled through. You're right, it is life changing, and puts everything into perspective. You have a new appreciation for life, and don't sweat the small stuff anymore. Life is simply too short.

On a more serious note, hurry the hell up and get 100%. I'm waiting for the Nicko Aid par-tay!!!!

:)

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Amber wrote:
My 6 year old Daughter is just getting over Swine Flu, and I told her teacher like the Dr suggested, and she said "Oh! Tht's the 5th case so far!"

Ya whaaaa...??

The day Darcy was at her worst I dragged her around Etihad all day. She slept from the first bounce until I woke her when it was time to leave. She slept all the way home, and then slept until morning. The following morning she was screaming with a headache, and was unable to weight bear, after it took me 10 mins to get a response out of her.

Looking back now, I carry such guilt for not listening to my instincts and taking her to the doc ASAP. I waited until it got worse. It's not something to be taken lightly. As we've all seen, it can nearly kill people.

Nick, I'm so thankful you pulled through. You're right, it is life changing, and puts everything into perspective. You have a new appreciation for life, and don't sweat the small stuff anymore. Life is simply too short.

On a more serious note, hurry the hell up and get 100%. I'm waiting for the Nicko Aid par-tay!!!!

:)

Really we should take all flu's seriously, not just the young or old die of other strains of the flu every year, it wasn't to many years ago there was many flu related deaths in Victoria, they just didn't have a name for it.

Probably good that we have had a mild winter or there probably have been more deaths by now.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1996 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

That's terrible to hear but also good that you're on the mend, Nick.

All the best.

Regards
Bobby
1996 EL Fairmont

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 8  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8