Ride: BA Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

Ebay have removed the item - no longer available for sale

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

Would be interesting to find out how much is still owing to the finance company tho... because you might still only have to pay $20k or something cheap.

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

The item has been removed from sale. Hmmmm....

I wonder why?? :roll:

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

oh well i guess it really was to good to be true... I wonder why it was removed?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

That could be a picture of anyone's XR8 - just because whoever is advertising it shows the number plate doesnt mean its theirs... hence knowing how much money was left owing on it means absolutely nothing.

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:25 am 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

When I asked seller a question - I got a reply from ebay :

"Dear ebay member,

Our records indicate that you recently interacted with mirthfinder through the eBay email system.

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in an attempt to discover your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to ignore the email you received from this member. Sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money or your item if you complete these transactions.

We would encourage you to review the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection at the address provided below for information on steps you can take to ensure that future transactions are completed successfully:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/i ... ud-ov.html

If you have already sent the item or sent payment for the item, please reply to this email and we will send you additional information about how to protect yourself.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)"

A few scams like this pop up every now and then as it has been suggested - another one was a 215HP supercharged Seadoo for $5K (market value ~$22K).

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

dcstraight wrote:
When I asked seller a question - I got a reply from ebay :

"Dear ebay member,

Our records indicate that you recently interacted with mirthfinder through the eBay email system.

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in an attempt to discover your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to ignore the email you received from this member. Sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money or your item if you complete these transactions.

We would encourage you to review the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection at the address provided below for information on steps you can take to ensure that future transactions are completed successfully:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/i ... ud-ov.html

If you have already sent the item or sent payment for the item, please reply to this email and we will send you additional information about how to protect yourself.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)"

A few scams like this pop up every now and then as it has been suggested - another one was a 215HP supercharged Seadoo for $5K (market value ~$22K).

very interesting...

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2