Page 1 of 9 [ 122 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Post subject: EF EL Fibreglass Bonnet with BA Bulge
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:42 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon EF

ACT, Australia

Hi Guys.

Here we go.

Adam of Kurnell Kustoms has kindly taken on the task of creating this much awaited bonnet for the EF and EL series of falcon and is ready to start making the moulds now.

All of you that showed a previous interest in the project have been emailed so now it is time to post up some information and names on the public forums so that everyone can see that this is really going ahead.

Details:

EF - EL Fibreglass Boss Bonnet (ie with BA Bulge)
The price for the bonnet will be $750 including gas struts, making a 50% deposit payment of $375, then a final payment before dispatch of your bonnet (freight at extra cost). The last quote from the previous attempted supplier of $650 was PLUS struts. This price will include a grille for the Fairmont owners (which Adam would appreciate input on design), but only for the initial deposit placers, grille will be at extra cost after completion of the bonnet for new customers.

Those of you who already have expressed an interest, or who are now interested please post your name on here (screen name) and send an email to Adam directly expressing your interest. Adam has a registered ABN and will issue you with an invoice if you decided to go ahead.

enquiries@kurnellkustoms.com.au
www.kurnellkustoms.com.au - under construction.

Personally as most of you will know I am cheering about this, and can't wait to get mine on the car!!

So thank you to all that have shown an interest I hope more do! :)

Cheers
CHOCA

EF EL Fibreglass bonnet with BA Bulge Click Here: http://fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54102
95 EF Falcon Gli 5ltr V8!!!!!

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

farq! wish I had the $$ for this!!!

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:12 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EF XR6 manual

VIC, Australia

Is there an option for ef xr bonnet?? what is the weight saving of the new unit? and is carbon fiber an option, if not now, maybe at a at a later stage??

EF XR6 5spd 14.57@97mph
154rwkwts

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Weight is about 25 to 30 kgs less from memory, the bonnets are made in the same mould so I believe carbon fibre could an option, I will check for you. By xr bonnet I imagine you mean with the vents, that would be an option as they would be installed just as they are on a standard bonnet, obviously these options would cost more I will find out for you.

EF EL Fibreglass bonnet with BA Bulge Click Here: http://fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54102

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

grub73 wrote:
Is there an option for ef xr bonnet?? what is the weight saving of the new unit? and is carbon fiber an option, if not now, maybe at a at a later stage??

I have already spoken to Adam about some of that and at the moment he's only doing plain jane fibreglass ones - which is why I'm not getting 1. He said no plans to do carbon fibre or XR vents.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

cool cool that answers that, at the end of the day thou xr vents would be a simple mod you would do before painting the bonnet anyway.

What is the reason for carbon fibre? is it the look you are after??

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
grub73 wrote:

I have already spoken to Adam about some of that and at the moment he's only doing plain jane fibreglass ones - which is why I'm not getting 1. He said no plans to do carbon fibre or XR vents.

ok, it starts already. when i spoke to adam he said xr vents would not be a problem but they would have an extra cost of anything up to $150
seems a bit rich for two holes cut in the bonnet. he also said he would cap postage in aus to $150 witch i thaught was prety good. so even if the vents were $150 the cheaper postage would help cover that.

has anyone thaught about the washer jets? castlegreyskull has started a thread looking for ideas if anyone has any.

probably be easier if one of us talks to adam to get some definate answers about these things as it looks like two of us have already been given different answers to the same question witch is turning me off prety quickly.

so questions that need answers
1. can we have xr vents
2. is carbonfiber avalible
3. where are the washer jets going to be fitted
4. time frame (not just a few months)
5. will there be a maximum number for this buy

adam also said that the price would include a grill for fairmont owners yet it could cost up to $150 to have two holes cut for xr vents, seems a bit backwards to me, should be the other way round

feel free to add to that list of questions. i think that should be sorted out before this goes any further as im realy keen for one of these bonnets but i dont want to see this go all pear shaped

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Price up the vents on their own first $150 is not exspensive.

This is the guys that has made all the bonnets and so on for AWC which was then fibresports, Adam left before it became fibresports.

He's made hundreds of bonnets he know's what he's doing maybe you guys should email him directly.

There is no way this is going to go pear shaped, you guys are just worried beacuse of the last guy who was less than helpful, I think you'll find Adam very approachable, he has a time frame set ill let him tell you guys.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

Choca wrote:
Price up the vents on their own first $150 is not exspensive.

This is the guys that has made all the bonnets and so on for AWC which was then fibresports, Adam left before it became fibresports.

He's made hundreds of bonnets he know's what he's doing maybe you guys should email him directly.

There is no way this is going to go pear shaped, you guys are just worried beacuse of the last guy who was less than helpful, I think you'll find Adam very approachable, he has a time frame set ill let him tell you guys.

yeah i know who we are talking about and i have emaild him a few times.
he said $150 with us suppling the vents.

im a bit woried about his different answers to the same question.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

I think twr7cx is thinking of Wayne at fibresports, I don't think he has realised that it is a new supplier?

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Choca wrote:
I think twr7cx is thinking of Wayne at fibresports, I don't think he has realised that it is a new supplier?

No, I am not. i am well aware it's a new supplier - you may remember I was first to reply to the last tghread you started with my e-mail address.

And, yes to who ever asked above I am after carbon fibre for the look.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:31 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Well i am in thats is for sure.

Have emailedadam quite a few times, he is very helpful indeed, and answers all my questions promptly. I dont think we are ging to have any problems with this bloke!!

Firstly these sre the questions that i asked:

1. What grill will be getting used? FBT style? Custom?

I do not know yet what grille design will be used, I have asked for peoples ideas and/or images and have basically received nothing.

2. Will the grill be interchangeable if we do not like the design?

Bonnet will be based on standard base model so the grille would not be a specific item you would have to stick with.

3. Will the bonnet be made out of fiberglass?

The bonnet will be complete fibreglass

4. Will the buldge be risen underneath like on the BA’s? as may need the clearece under there.

The bulge will be on the inner skin also, just like it is on the BA etc as if it were a single skinned bonnet

5. Will the washer nozzles holes be there, or will we have to relocate them?

Washer nozzles, just like any glass bonnet, could be fitted to the bonnet itself, but what a shame to put holes in it. Would recommend relocating which is easy enough anyway.

6. Will they come undercoated?

Will not be primed standard but is a service I can provide cheaply at extra cost.

So... we will ahve to help in the design of the grill if we all want something a bit different, or something ford already produce, but we will recieve it with the bonnet. (this is issue for me, as im sick of the NL chrome bubble)

The washer nozzles, they can be mounted on the plastic bit where the wipers are, but i will look into other options aswell. Check out this thread, just trying to get some ideas. http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=64723

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

IMO, stocko EF Fairmont grill but with FPV style mesh in it, with the ford badge on it should look sweet....

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

just a question, are we starting to give deposits to adam now, or are we waiting for the numbers to do it?

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Dont understand the need for a custom grille?

Just make something to suit the base models, and a bonnet for the high series which factory grille will bolt straight on

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 9  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next