Fordmods Logo

Fast computer FOR SALE!!! 

Page 2 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Falcon BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Agreed, 2 grand is way too much to spend right now, so one 7800 will do me fine for now, and when the time calls for it, all i have to do to increase performance will be to buy another identical card and SLi them up. Assuming that the manufacturer still produces an identical match at that stage of course. Anyway, why are we discussing my reasons? Plain fact is there's a cheap fast computer for sale here, so why not just buy it? :D Nah of course anyone's opinions are always appreciated, as long as they don't sound like a twit like anyone giving ATI praise (what were you thinking)

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

why not just upgrade the mobo and gfx card? and sell them only?

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

More likely to sell if it's a complete system - anyway, the screen, RAM, hard drive, keyboard, mouse, and DVD burner are all spares that i'm not using, so i will basically only need a new motherboard and gfx card anyway.

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

im sure any ati or nvidia cards oldish and new would play Battle Field 2 at 1024x768 and 1280x1024 with out lagging much at all with out having to spend almost $3K on graphics cards to play games at 2048x1536 ... come on who the F#$K tries to play games at these resolutions anyhow ... most games dont even support that res

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'm not trying to play it at that stupid res, so i agree with you. However, i want something that is gonna last the test of time, so having something quick now will benefit me later. With computers, you never live in the "here and now", you live in the "what will still be good tomorrow". I don't question your tastes about things you buy, so if i want to buy a 7800, that's what i want to do.

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

who WOULDN'T play at 2048x1536 if you could??? For your information, 2048x1536 w/ 4xAA & 16xAF looks incredible. I should know, my 6600GT can render that resolution at playable frames. Obviously not in Betafield2, but games a couple of years old. Point is, if you have the horsepower, why not use it?

And nvidia over-rated? The only time ati had a lead over nvidia was during the 9700 - FX5800 era. Now ati are behind, and with the R520 as delayed as it is, they will only keep losing ground.

I too will be upgrading to PCI-e when the 6600 starts to become obsolete, and i have the money for dualcore.

Mitch, wake up to yourself, there is no way that thing can play HL2/D3/BF2 at "medium to high quality" (unless you're talking 640x480x16 which is hardly medium to high quality anyway!) Even FTR-XR6's 9800XT is starting to become obsolete... It should be fine for the current generation of game engines, but it'll start getting pretty old after that ;)

Oh and shoony, if you are willing to wreck the computer, i'm interested in the 80gb HDD and the tower and possibly the RAM if its capable of timings that are much better than what mine can run at (not hard lol)

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

haggis wrote:
Mitch, wake up to yourself, there is no way that thing can play HL2/D3/BF2 at "medium to high quality" (unless you're talking 640x480x16 which is hardly medium to high quality anyway!) Even FTR-XR6's 9800XT is starting to become obsolete... It should be fine for the current generation of game engines, but it'll start getting pretty old after that ;)

i'm pretty sure it is playing hl2 in high qualtiy with everything turned on @ 1024x768 with an avg of 56fps

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I don't really want to split up the system, because it'd not sell as easily. When you say you want the tower, do you mean just the bare case, or with all the goodies inside it too, minus the screen, mouse etc? Either way, i'd prefer to sell everything together.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

mitch_anderson wrote:
Pulco wrote:
the graphics card is crap, nvidia = overrated, all bout ati these days

Tell that to my 64MB MX440 which is over four years old and keeps up with enough of the new cards and runs smooth as silk at med-high detail in any game I please.

they dont even support bf2 so id take that comment down if i was u.

BTW put it on OCAU and 9/10 people will ask if ull split the mobo and cpu.

its probably cheaper to throw the mobo and cpu away and buy new ones then sell the whole system and buy a ocmplete new one.

‮‮

Last edited by bentles on Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mitch: The GF4 MX series is technically only a beefed up GF2, which can only run DX7 for HL2, and im pretty sure DX7 isn't high quality ;)

Shoony: I meant the bare tower - no mobo, no psu, only the intake/exhaust fans. As i said before though, IF you're willing to split it up, i am interested in 80 WD hdd, the corsair RAM and the bare tower (with fans)

Cheers

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

haggis wrote:
Mitch: The GF4 MX series is technically only a beefed up GF2, which can only run DX7 for HL2, and im pretty sure DX7 isn't high quality ;)

DX8...get it rite :P and i put all the settings to high:P i was gunna upgrade but decided money is better spent else where

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No, DX7.

note how the shaders are missing? DX8 has hardware shaders

you might find this one interesting

Another link that proves you're wrong :P

Could it be?!? YES!!! another link

Do you want more? they're all over the web.

Sorry shoony for doing this in your thread...

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No worries, showing up someone who doesn't know their stuff is allowed in any circumstance :P How much would you offer me for the RAM, HDD and case? I'll consider it if you make a decent enough offer considering the RAM cost me $600.00 to begin with - it's low latency 2-2-2-4 dual channel matched pair.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

dammit! oh well...i'll just have to wait till i cant play games on my mx440 then :P
i'll try get brad to split this thread up...

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

PM sent

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next