Fordmods Logo

Fast computer FOR SALE!!! 

Page 3 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:26 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

im runnin a 6600gt nvidia in a intel based system.. the only real issue is make sure you have plenty of airflow round the card cause they can run DAMN hot otherwise..

why are people raising questions as to why you want to soup up a pc when people encourage cars to be warmed over..

do it cause you can.. even if you dont need to..

I have a car.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:27 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

besides the 6600gt has ddr 3 ram on it.. so nice..

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Falcon BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Agreed, i've seen a 6600GT in action, and in my opinion, it's the best value for money card nVidia's ever made, but even so, next-gen games like quake 4, unreal 3, etc are going to put a 6600GT to the scrapheap. Hence a 7800GTX is my next baby, and like todd said, why judge me? People spend thousands on ricing up excel's with their 18-19" chromey-womey out of a christmas cracker crap and 7 foot wide exhausts as well as front scoops about a micron off the floor, (sorry, i've told myself a MILLION times to stop exaggerrating :wink: ) so if this machine will give me so much enjoyment, why not?

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

This thread title should read - geek wars!

Nicko

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Actually it should read "I'M SELLING MY GOD DAMNED COMPUTER - DON'T ARGUE" :lol:

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

are you willing to sperate the gfx card :P and does it have 2 vga ports or a vga and dvi port?

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

VGA and DVI, but I have a DVI2VGA adaptor. How much are you prepared to offer for it?

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Come on guys, this thing is still for sale... surely someone wants it? I'll chuck in a ream of 25 DVD-R's... come on, you know you want to :D

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

shoony wrote:
VGA and DVI, but I have a DVI2VGA adaptor. How much are you prepared to offer for it?

whoops, i went and bought a 6600gt :P now i got dual monitors :P
have you tried thowing it in the trading post, or tried any computer forums, you may have more luck ;)

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

shoony wrote:
Because, i want to get a GeForce 7800, which only come in PCI-express. It opens up the door for SLi operation, and anyway, what are you talking about? ATI are the most s**t cards ever, and here is proof... Modern game, and ATI chokes terribly.

it only chokes badly when compared to the cards running in SLI

it also pay to bench mark a few different games or use a benchmark like 3Dmark 03 or 05.

if you compare the cards against the ones they meant to be competition for there is not much between them.

my X800 pro scores only just under my bosses 2 6600s in SLI when using 3Dmark 03.

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Shell with 4 wheels

NSW, Australia

hmmm i could do witha new pc

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
shoony wrote:
Because, i want to get a GeForce 7800, which only come in PCI-express. It opens up the door for SLi operation, and anyway, what are you talking about? ATI are the most s**t cards ever, and here is proof... Modern game, and ATI chokes terribly.

it also pay to bench mark a few different games or use a benchmark like 3Dmark 03 or 05.

if you compare the cards against the ones they meant to be competition for there is not much between them.

my X800 pro scores only just under my bosses 2 6600s in SLI when using 3Dmark 03.

Shame 3Dmark 03 isn't actually a game :P Otherwise it might be of some use to someone. You buy a video card to play the games that you play, unless you get off on watching 3Dmark 03 running 10% faster on Ati hardware i wouldn't take it as a hard and fast rule on which card is going to play your games faster.

And... 6600GT's are nearly only half the price... I have the AGP version and am quite happy with it.

Considering Ati haven't even released their hardware that is supposed to be able to compete with the 7800GT/X (the X800 series is comparable to a 6800 series, and ONE 7800gtx is similar to SLI'd 6800Ultras) combine that with the fact that the colour green is better than the colour red and its just no contest :P

Edit: damnit, once again im going off topic. I'm still interested in the tower shoony... i ended up spending the money i was going to use to do up my computer, but i could still do with a better tower. So yeah, just the bare tower (obviously with the fans though) if your thinking of selling items seperatly. $50 ?

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Haggis, considering that tower is $230 new, i very much doubt you'll get it from me for $50 :D Spider_GT looks promising tho, mate please buy this, i could use the dhora's. (waves finger in a jedi mind trick) :D

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

shoony wrote:
Haggis, considering that tower is $230 new, i very much doubt you'll get it from me for $50 :D Spider_GT looks promising tho, mate please buy this, i could use the dhora's. (waves finger in a jedi mind trick) :D

Fair enough... Any more though and i might as well find a case i like that isn't second hand ;)

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

haggis wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
shoony wrote:

Shame 3Dmark 03 isn't actually a game :P Otherwise it might be of some use to someone. You buy a video card to play the games that you play, unless you get off on watching 3Dmark 03 running 10% faster on Ati hardware i wouldn't take it as a hard and fast rule on which card is going to play your games faster.

And... 6600GT's are nearly only half the price... I have the AGP version and am quite happy with it.

Considering Ati haven't even released their hardware that is supposed to be able to compete with the 7800GT/X (the X800 series is comparable to a 6800 series, and ONE 7800gtx is similar to SLI'd 6800Ultras) combine that with the fact that the colour green is better than the colour red and its just no contest :P

each to there own. but when an AGP X800 that costs over $200 less then the 6600s he's using bechmarks as close as they do in the games my boss and i play i don't see the pont in spending the extra money.

the farcry benchmark he only scores 10 fps better then i do. and in game play you can't notice any difference at all. doom3 he beats me hands down but i don't like doom3 any way so it doesn't matter

but i spose each to there own. there will be the ATI fans and the nvidia fans. the same with intel and AMD. but we'll all be happy what ever we choose to use.

for me it the X800 was the only choise, cost vs. performance

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next