Fordmods Logo

Fast computer FOR SALE!!! 

Page 4 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

haggis wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
shoony wrote:
Because, i want to get a GeForce 7800, which only come in PCI-express. It opens up the door for SLi operation, and anyway, what are you talking about? ATI are the most s**t cards ever, and here is proof... Modern game, and ATI chokes terribly.

it only chokes badly when compared to the cards running in SLI

it also pay to bench mark a few different games or use a benchmark like 3Dmark 03 or 05.

if you compare the cards against the ones they meant to be competition for there is not much between them.

my X800 pro scores only just under my bosses 2 6600s in SLI when using 3Dmark 03.

Shame 3Dmark 03 isn't actually a game :P Otherwise it might be of some use to someone. You buy a video card to play the games that you play, unless you get off on watching 3Dmark 03 running 10% faster on Ati hardware i wouldn't take it as a hard and fast rule on which card is going to play your games faster.

And... 6600GT's are nearly only half the price... I have the AGP version and am quite happy with it.

Considering Ati haven't even released their hardware that is supposed to be able to compete with the 7800GT/X (the X800 series is comparable to a 6800 series, and ONE 7800gtx is similar to SLI'd 6800Ultras) combine that with the fact that the colour green is better than the colour red and its just no contest :P

Edit: damnit, once again im going off topic. I'm still interested in the tower shoony... i ended up spending the money i was going to use to do up my computer, but i could still do with a better tower. So yeah, just the bare tower (obviously with the fans though) if your thinking of selling items seperatly. $50 ?

i no this thread is old now but i thought this might be of some interest to HAGGIS..

i now understand why an nvidia fan such as your self is so against using 3D mark03 .
have a read
http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20030219/index.html

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4