Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

11/93 Nc Fairlane Ghia
302/ 5L V8 ( 238,800 km)
4 speed auto
Dual fuel ( installed 12/06)
N.S.W rego till 1/7/11
ABS, LSD, Power windows/mirrors/steering, climate control, air con, cruise control, trip computer, digital dash, 7 speaker sound system with Sony MP3 ( with remote) and 2 amps, Factory tow pack, + prob more I have forgotten.
PRICE: $3000 firm but will consider swap for ute/panelvan of equal value

Alright, with my job I have recently got a Van as a company car and the Lane is barely getting used...... So I am thinking of giving someone else the chance to own one of the best original condition Lanes around and do with it what I intended to do. I have owned it since March last year and I have installed the MP3, Sony 6" 320w ( 80rms) 4 ways in the parcel shelf, 200wrms 10" sub between rear seat and Gas tank, Sony 2 channel amp ( has original Alpine amp running rear/sub) running 2 way front speakers and original dash Alpine tweeters, replaced rear brake pads ( about 200km ago), installed pro street harmonic balancer and replaced 2nd idler pulley ( was a precautionary measure but both prob did not need to be done right then) about 2000km ago, Brand new Battery with 2.5 year warranty and did service about 2000km ago ( oil and filter,rotor button, K&N 1 million mile high flow panel air filter and cleaned throttle body).
The last owner had installed the LPG ( starts on petrol and clicks to gas) and replaced injectors at the same time, serviced the auto 3 months before he sold it, put a brand new heater core/radiator and flushed the cooling system at the same time as the auto service, put brand new Michelen heavy load tyres on it all round ( done about 3000km and are still like new) and replace the rear suspension system with Pedders gas shocks as he hated to original rear setup as they were known to stuff up and cost big bucks to fix.
Mechancally this care is great. The only things to mention to be really picky would be it could do with front brake pads maybe before next rego, maybe a new dizzy cap next service (very little bit of pitting on contacts), could do with a new fuel filter next service and there has always been a VERY slight oil leak between back of motor and bell housing that does not leak on ground but being a bit anal I notice it and wipe it off maybe once a month. I would say it may use 200ml or so every service (I have only done about 3 to 4000km in it since I have owned it and have noticed no change in dip stick levels). Rubbers are all nice and tight, power steer does not leak and motor purrs along. I am to old to be thrashing her so I just cruise in it. Sounds nice and pulls hard but I was going to put thermo's on it and have it dynoed for max performance/ economy. Went from Glossodia to Griffith ( about 700km) on $40 of gas when I purchased it ( gas was 54c/L).I have the original engine cover in the shed too.
Body is nice.There is ABSOLUTELY no rust in the body. It is a 17 year old car and does have one or two slight scratches that would buff out and the odd stone chip. All 5 rims are original and in excellent condition with maybe a slight bit of gutter rash if you look hard( the spare has a bit on it) and a bit of chrome flaking off here and there. There is a small dent in bonnet from a stone thats tiny and the chrome trim on the outside of some of the doors has flaked off a bit ( not really noticeable). Has a chip in the windscreen thats pink slip ok ( is original glass installed in the factory!) I get alot of attention in this car because it is in such good nick, so that should be a good indication of outside condition.
Interior is pretty good. Very few cracks in dash pad ( covered by mat) one or two ciggy burns under drivers seat from previous owner and the seats could do with a clean. Small amount of roof lining sag above drivers seat and maybe one or two marks on door trims. Was going to put Dc leather throughout so was not worried about cleaning interior apart from a vac and armorguard. Recently the MP3 player facia has not been responding to controls ( last 2 days) but the remote still works so I have not looked at it yet. Might need a clean of contact points or something.
I have really gone into detail here for your benefit but if you come and have a look and spot something else I have not wrote on here it was unintentional. Its a REALLY nice car that can be driven away right now for trouble free cheap driving or a great start for a tuff cruiser. It is going to be a shame to see her go but its a waste to have her sitting there as well. These will be a classic car that will fetch BIG bucks soon as good nick ones are VERY hard to find. I have seen these on Ebay sell for $3000+ with 300 thou + on the clock and in worse condition and little rego, but I cant be bothered stuffing around with Ebay d**k so you guys get first dibs. $3000 is VERY firm so no asking to drop me down lower cos its not going to happen. If you have a ute or panelvan thats worth about the same with NO rust and rego and you want to swap give us a post, but it must be something that both you and I will walk away happy with. I am not trying to sell a s**t car or rip people with a bomb so I expect the same respect. I also am 31, so I know what cars are worth so dont try to tell me an original xf with 500 thou k's is worth 3 grand please. A ute or Panelvan would be good for me to pick the odd crap up in on the weekend from the Hardware shop, thats the only reason Im thinking about a swap. If it dont sell I will stick her back in the Garage and slowly do her up and use it as the odd cruiser myself.

Attachments:
File comment: I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING PICS UNDER 500k, SO IF YOU WANT MORE PICS GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL POST THEM TO YOU OF ENGINE, INTERIOR,THE WHOLE CAR E.T.C. SORRY GUYS
100_0844.jpg
100_0844.jpg [ 264.19 KiB | Viewed 103 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]