Joined: 7th Jun 2010
For sale is my 1991 Ford Falcon EB wagon. Just registered until December and in truly great mechanical condition. Body is rough although as you can see by the list below I have way over capitalised on it although I did the work to make it a reliable car and teach myself all about Falcons. Regreatable sale although am downsizing. Has done more than 330,000k's as the GL speedo stopped at that point although have put an S pack speedo and Tacho in it.
Has just had full service – oil and filter replaced, fuel filter and engine coolant. Engine bay is super clean and no oil, grease or muck on the engine or gearbox.
The following list is the items that I have replaced or reconditioned in the last year, all receipts available.
Here is what it has got:
• 3.9 litre Centre Point Injection 6 cyl engine
• 4 speed auto with economy and power mode
• New CD player with 6 inch rear speakers and front input jack for MP3 player
• Tow bar
• Air conditioning recently re-gassed
• Power steering, central locking
• 3 baby seat anchors in rear
Here is what I have done to it:
Engine and gearbox
• Engine nearly fully reconditioned – Had fully reconditioned head (properly done with pressure testing, new head bolts & ACL gaskets)
• New timing chain, tensioner & chain guides, front and rear main oil seals, sump gasket and full clean inside engine and sump.
• Pistons, crank & bores in very good condition so didn’t need to recondition them
• New engine mount on passangers side
• New spark plugs and low mileage distributer fitted
• Near new radiator, new water pump, all new heater water hoses and heater tap
• All new pulleys and belts plus new bearings in tensioner pulleys
• Engine doesn’t use a drop of oil and oil is clean after 5,000 km’s oil changes.
• New near front exhaust pipe and catalytic converter, good second hand mufflers and rear pipe.
• Low mileage auto gearbox installed with new oils seals, new proper flex plate bolts, oil filter and good quality auto gearbox oil
• New auto gearbox oil cooler fitted in front of radiator – keeps gearbox cool and good for towing.
• New auto gearbox electronic inhibitor switch
• Near new battery
Brakes, suspension, wheels, Interior
• Fitted new brake disks and brake pads front and rear. Flushed brake system and replaced with good quality fluid.
• New front wheel bearings and oil seals (did these when I put new disks on)
• New rear shocks
• Diff oil just replaced
• Very good tyres and S pack mags plus recent wheel balance and alignment plus spare wheel and jack in good condition
• New rear wagon door gas struts (the tailgate won’t fall down on your head!)
• Fitted Sport model seats that are in really good condition and fitted good condition second hand floor carpet.
• Re glued the headlining back up so won’t fall down again as they all do. Have also put new number plates on it.
Body is a bit rough with dent on front right guard and paint faded on bonnet. Small amount of rust behind drivers rear door in guard although not noticable. Small dents in rear guards as well although it is the sort of car that doesn't draw attention and great for travelling or a workhorse.
|Who is online|
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests