FS [VIC]: 1996 EL Fairmont Ghia Sparkling Burgundy 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: 1996 EL Fairmont Ghia Sparkling Burgundy
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: four wheels and an engine

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys,

Here is head turner, but is incomplete. Im selling my project car, as i ran out of money and time to work on it.

it has a 28 day permit, but needs to be towed as isnt running at the moment. engine was running, but then for some reason there's no spark delivered to the plugs. if you can sove it, drive it home. ill have learn one more new thing.. so i reckon it'll need spark plugs, leads, and some other small crap, but as i said, im out of time and money. check it out and decide what you think?

reconditioned head. au mls head gasket, head was reconditioned last week, still in run-in period. have driven it for 2-3 hours total.

bbm and throttle body was acid bathed and cleaned, ultra clean inside

has an oversize battery with infinite cranking power

has a nice el typhoon bodykit, and xr6 side skirts, worh almost a grand, sprayed sparkling burgundy/silver. just needs door triangles

has pacemaker extractors and a 2.5" exhaust, awesome exhaust sound, really fresh.

interior is awesome you'll love it no jokes. excellent leather seats, ultra plump, one thing i took care of reaaaally well

has walbro fuel pump and new fuel filter.

headlights are nice n clear, not dirty yellow

paint is sparkling burgundy, shines out really well in the sun

heres what ill throw in to help you get it up n working: 2 sets of injectors, and 2 sets of spark plugs. i cbf working on it myself cos i got no time for it. if you can get it started, drive it home, otherwise you can get it towed. ill give you a hand. cos i got barely any mechanical knowledge and dont know much abt cars, i ceebz working on it. anyone with some mechanical knowledge will know exactly what to do cos im still a noob.

if it doesnt sell, it doesnt sell. ill just keep it in the garage till kindgom come.. :)

fuel pump n filter n exhaust n extractors r all new, head is new too. valve seats were reconditioned and regrinded to made sure it seals. so no oil leaks in the combustion chamber. gasket is an AU metal gasket.

excuse the s**t extractor paint, it was supposed to be nice n red but suddenly disappeared after i started the engine

as i said, all it needs is someone with some mechanical knowledge to determine why the cylinders werent firing (honestly i got no time left as i have to start work again)

thanks for your time ^^

0490 339950

give me your offers... or maybe an idea on how to fix it? lol. it basically cranks fast but no ignition, its a fast straight crank sound with no "chowowowow". only cyl 6 tried to fire, because extractor 6 was warm and the rest cold, and all plugs get wet straight away - even though i constantly replace them, and while cranking a pop sound occured and smoke came from one or two of the spark plug holes and out from the throttle body when i took out the plugs to inspect them. it was running good and i was doing minor trouble shooting before this happened, so really I dont know...

you guys are the experts.. I dont know what to do with this car honestly, hours and money spent, still cant get anywhere.

20140104_204653.jpg [ 380.16 KiB | Viewed 26 times ]
20140104_204457.jpg [ 451.47 KiB | Viewed 17 times ]
20140104_204449.jpg [ 433.24 KiB | Viewed 19 times ]
20140104_204644.jpg [ 478.34 KiB | Viewed 21 times ]
20140104_204347.jpg [ 402.71 KiB | Viewed 19 times ]
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]