Post subject: 1996 EL Fairmont - Manual - as whole or parted
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hello everyone

Up for sale is my 1996 EL Fairmont in Sparkling Burgundy. Has done 350,000km with an engine transplant at around 170,000km. The replacement engine was an XR6 and had the top end rebuilt using new AU MLS head gasket. The engine has been strong and still runs today after replacing the distributor, TFI module, coil and leads. Fuel filter has just been replaced and I ran some injector cleaner through it twice in the last 6 months. I will give it a service as it just hit 350,000km and because I ran injector cleaner through it. Most of the kilometers are highway as work has always been far from home.

Comes with the following:

Full exhaust - Pacemaker 4480s (with surface rust), hi flow cat, and 2.5" cat back exhaust (2 mufflers)
Manual conversion - using resistor trick and running EL Fairmont Ghia ECU for XR6 fuel mapping
Suspension - Koni yellow adjustable shocks, king spring lows all round, front Selby sway bar
Brakes - Front disc/pads replaced early in the year, new caliper sliders/rubber grommet, new fluid, replaced bleed nipple screw and capping, front braided lines only (comes with engineers certificate)
Wheels - 5 x AMG Quakes 17" rims with 235/45/17 Good Year Assurance Triplemax tyres all round with at least 85% tread, with matching spare alloy wheel having 50% Dunlop SP3000.
Sound System - Pioneer head unit with Blaupunkt front splits and stock rear speakers

It also has factory fitted sunroof where I recently fixed the drain holes as they were blocked. Genuine black Momo leather steering wheel with matching black airbag cover. Bought aftermarket headlights as the originals were too yellow. Still have the original headlights and will throw them in as well, might be able to bring them back to life with sanding and patience. Have the J3 chip with XR6 manual map on it, used it for a few years and then had some issues, not sure if it was the ECU, J3 or a combination of the two that suddenly caused issues, could also be due to poor connection between J3 and ECU, as it runs fine for a few months and then issues again.

Paint is still okay considering it is nearly 21 years old (Nov 96 build), however when I bought it, it got keyed on both sides and I never had the money up front to pay for a repair of the paint job, so lived with it having battle scars. Recently the spoiler seals have worn out and caused some serious rust issues in the boot lid. I have been trying to find a sparkling burgundy boot lid to replace it with but never found one in the same colour.

It has been a great car since purchase in 2006 and I have had a lot of fun working on it, learning from it and driving it, both as a daily and as a weekend car. It will be sad to see it go considering I have had it for a decade now.

I am asking $2000 ono for the whole car as is and without registration. I am willing to part the car if there is enough interest in specific parts.

Can take more photos, however with recent poor weather I have parked it in the garage and haven't given it a good clean.

Cheers
Phong

More images posted onto imgur

https://imgur.com/a/hItnj

Attachments:
Fairmont.jpg
Fairmont.jpg [ 325.77 KiB | Viewed 526 times ]

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Last edited by phongus on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FS [VIC]: 1996 EL Fairmont - Manual - as whole or parted
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF XR6T

VIC, Australia

id be interested, if its still available. i will inbox you.

Post subject: Re: FS [VIC]: 1996 EL Fairmont - Manual - as whole or parted
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:00 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Bump

Posted a link to more photos. Photos were too big for FM so I posted them on my imgur account, should be visible.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]