Fordmods Logo

FS [VIC]: AVO NA Fairlane shell Engineered complied for turbo 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: AVO NA Fairlane shell Engineered complied for turbo
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Item: NA Fairlane Shell (AVO, complied for turbo)
Price: $1500 ONO
Description: Engineered shell, this is a complied shell which will mean no problems with cops/vicroads if you get pulled over. the shell will come with no motor/box/AVO dash (will supply a stock one) would be perfect for you if you want to turbo one of these things. It's maroon in colour, body is in good condition apart from some rust in the wheel arches and the boot will need to be replaced. Paint is good for it's age apart for some clear peeling on the passenger side door at the top. It has a sunroof which works, and the interior needs a good clean and is in good condition (no cracks in the dash) , all electric windows/power antenna work. Suspension is stock. Diff is a 3.23 LSD and is in good condition (spins both wheels :D) Also comes with a LTD grill. Will be rolling on stockies btw.
Pics: Coming soon

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Post subject: Re: FS [VIC]: AVO NA Fairlane shell Engineered complied for turb
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

There's a pic from back in the day when it was new, if someone wants to restore it or somthing it'll come with the magazine, and I can probably sort something out about the original plates.

Just to also let you know about engineering costs, its anywhere between $1600-$3000 just for the emissions test in Vic whether you pass or fail + rest of the engineering costs, this will be legal anywhere in Australia.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Now on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :MESELX:IT

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

OK i'm thinking about stripping this parts that will be available are:

-Factory sunroof with the roof lining $400 ONO
-3.23 LSD diff, good condition $200 ONO
-NA Fairlane interior good condition but needs a clean $100 ONO
-Dash, has no cracks $50
-Tacho dash has around 170,000kms on it, will include a oil pressure sensor too. $60
-Trans cooler with lines $100 ONO
-LTD bonnet grill $100 ONO
-Engine oil cooler (may be for sale soon)
-Worked BTR auto, I got no recipts but I spoke to the original owner and he said it cost $3k to build years ago, all he can remember is the stage two mechanical shift kit, handled 200rwkw just fine. Make me an offer.

And any other fairlane part you can think of that i'd have on this, after it's stripped i'll be letting the shell go pretty cheap if anyone would be interested in a engineered shell.

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:06 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

hey might be interested in that diff
you firm 200? or willing to go a bit lower?
also how much u think it would be to courier it from where you are too 4670 QLD

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:06 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

hey might be interested in that diff
you firm 200? or willing to go a bit lower?
also how much u think it would be to courier it from where you are too 4670 QLD

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'm negotioble for a quick sale mate, postage may cost a bit i'd say over $100 goto www.smartsend.com.au and have a look my post code is 3137.

Cheers

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

sorry mate i actually need a toyota diff not a ford bit of miscommunication stuffed things up :P

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

$1100 for the shell people.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

This will be going up on ebay for $6-700ish dollers very soon, cbf just want it goneee!

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... CA:AU:1123

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

I have one of these AVO Fairlanes as well. We bought it for parts, for $100 as it was supposed to be a good runner, but had been snotted in the LHF pretty badly, and all down the LHS. It was only after I started ripping the damaged front off, and getting it running that we noticed a few odd things. It only has a standard 3.9 mpfi engine in it now, but all the hoses and cables were heat wrapped, it had the AVO ID tags on it, and it had a cast alloy airbox. It uses the standard lid, but it is a bit deeper, and has no restrictor on the outlet side of the box. I pirated it straight away and put it in my XH. The standard lid and filter fits strait up, but I had to use the hose that came with it, to connect to my throttle body. Seems like it breathes better, especially noticeable at night.
Any way, the rest of the fairy is pretty well stuffed, there is no turbo parts anywhere, and the auto is almost rooted. It looked like it would have been a nice car in its day, with the cloth trim, elec sunroof, turbo, etc. Not much left now except for a good 3.9 motor, and a few id tags. It could be repaired, but you would have to be very keen.
Does anyone know how many of these were built/sold/complianced? Yours may well be worth something one day, looks like a nice shell. Good luck with the sale. :D

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've been trying to find info on them for ages! But can't seem to get any build numbers at all which sucks. I have two of those airboxes :D

This one is still in good condition apart from the boot, just needs a bit of TLC, if it was a SWB then there is noway i'd let it go!

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

ACT, Australia

how much for the auto box ?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next