Fordmods Logo

FS [VIC]: Complete 10 second turbo falcon setup 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Complete 10 second turbo falcon setup
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, time to sell my setup to move onto something bigger. The package will come with basically EVERYTHING needed to run a 10 second pass in your falcon. I want to try and sell the whole lot complete for now to make it easier, otherwise i'll have to split it up but the motor and gearbox conversion will need to sell first for me to split the rest.

Here's a list of what is included:

Engine (EL bottom end):

-Acl pistons .020 over
-ACL bearings
-Fully balanced
-Spool forged rods
-ARP rod bolts
-JP Hi-vol oil pump
-New tensioners and chain
-1.3mm MLS-R headgasket
-Atomic headstuds
-Ported AU head
-Wade cam (got a spec sheet)
-Crow double valve springs
-Crow vernier gear

Gearbox conversion:

-C4 auto built by DTM to handle 600HP (got a receipt somewhere that has a list of all the bits)
-Fully manualised
-B&M pro ratchet shifter
-2800RPM stall built by TCE
-Torquepower bellhousing
-B&M deep sump
-B&M universal dip stick tube
-CUstom 3.5 inch thickwalled tailshaft with stronger uni joints

Turbo kit:

-Garrett 3540/3582 whatever you wanna call it (off a XR6T)
-Ported rear housing with 38mm flapper
-12 psi actuator
-AIT cast manifold (no cracks)
-3" dump pipe with internal gate plumbed in
-270x600x76mm cooler which can be hidden behind a standard EA-ED front bar
-2.5" hot side piping, 3" cold side
-Custom plenum made by DAZFAB, bellmouthed inside etc
-Comes with oil/water lines
-3" intake pipe with pod filter

Fuel system:

-1x Bosch 044 fuel pump
-BA lift pump from a F6
-XR6T 4 bar fuel pressure reg
-60lb siemens injectors
-1 surge tank (can't remember capacity)
-Comes with all hoses/fittings and relays/wiring to fit it all

Other:

-Microtech LT8s ECU
-3" exhaust with 2 straight through mufflers
-235/60/15 MT ET street semi slicks (done 12 passes and minimal street use)
-3.08 minispooled EBII diff
-Speco boost gauge
-Oil catch can

That's about all I can think of at the moment...there might be more. I'm keeping the hose clamps from the cooler kit, and the turbosmart boost T as a mate gave them to me when I was poor (still am :P) and keeping the trans temp gauge as it'll come in handy in the future.

Engine has about 4000kms on it TOPS, gearbox was opened up and inspected by Bayswater automatics at the same time and was given the all clear for 350rwkw as it was in good nick, the stally was also reco'd at the same time by TCE, the engine has had 3 oil changes in this amount of time (once after run in, then other two times after the drags) and the gearbox fluid has also been changed twice (after drags) the turbo is my second one which is a low km one off a BF. I've still got all the boxes that all the engine parts came in, and have the ring gaps and torque settings for the mains etc written down.

I've done 12 runs at the strip with all this stuff, I've run about 7 11 second passes and 3 10 second passes with a best of 10.6@125, the other two were 10.8's, so it wasn't a fluke! I personally still think it's got a 10.4-10.5 in it with a perfect launch. Makes 308rwkw on 15psi and ran a 11.5@120 with this tune, will go a very low 11 with good launch, and went 10.6@125 with the 20psi and 353rwkw.

Now I'm not really in a hurry to sell, if I don't get the price I want i'll just keep it and enjoy it. I don't care if you think the price is too high, because I know it's not, you need to actually have built something like this to understand the cost, it's cost me alot more than my asking price! So if you wanna whinge about the price....don't and go build something yourself. To give you and idea, starting from the base tune for run in, to now i've spent minimum 1500-2000 JUST at the tuners, and that's something I can't even put in the list.

I could just keep on writing, but i'll stop now. I'm asking 11.5K for the lot (they say 10's for 10k is a challenge, and believe me IT IS!) so I think it's a good price considering.

Complete engine from sump to rocker cover worth well over 3.5k new. Only a max of 4000kms old. $2500

Complete gearbox conversion, cost over 5k. $4000

Only way i'll split it up is if the long motor and the gearbox conversion sell first.

Located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, can send interstate at buyers cost.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]