Fordmods Logo

FS [QLD]: EA fairmont with AU XR6 engine, low KM, eb GT body kit, $500 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: EA fairmont with AU XR6 engine, low KM, eb GT body kit, $500
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA, EB GT kit, AU XR6 HP engine

QLD, Australia

Hey everyone, I want to get rid of my EA as I have an AU and the EA isn't being used.

The story of the car is that it has 115,000 on the body. It blew a heater hose and the head warped, so I decided to put an AU XR6 engine in it. The engine has 130,000 km and has been converted to distributor. It was all good and had a roadworthy with an EB log manifold (the old roadworthy will be provided so you can see that it has been fine with this engine).

The car took a downward spiral when my mates and I decided to put an EL BBM on it. We got it running and it was all good, but the car was put on the back burner, as I couldn't get an aircon compressor on there because the AU aircon compressor hits the distributor and I never had the chance to get an EL aircon compressor to rig it up. The problem with this is that there was a shorter serpentine belt on the car and the car did run fine, but with the shorter belt, the routing of it was different to the stock set up and the belt squeaked because there wasn't enough surface area of the belt on the harmonic balancer.

SO, the car has been sitting for a long time. The brakes have locked up, that's all I know. I'd say once it was moving and the brakes were bled, they'd be fine.

All you need to do is put the dizzy in it, set the timing and find an aircon compressor set up that will work with the AU engine running a dizzy and the car is good to go.

There are pics of it in this build thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=79996

So the car has:

bypass module (EA's have no smart lock)
EL ECU
AU XR6 HP Engine converted to dizzy
A pair of SL king springs to go in it
EB GT body kit
Low KM
EL Thermo fans
Serpentine set up
Nice interior

I want this out of my mothers yard, I want $500, which is less than half the price I paid for the engine. The car is located 30 minutes north of Gympie. If you have any questions, give me a ring/text on 0401029817.

EA Fairmont, EB GT kit w/o wing, AU XR6 HP engine, 17's lol Buy it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0628130825

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]