FS [SA]: EA Falcon - ED XR6 Engine, 5spd, LSD, 17" Rims, Lowered 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: EA Falcon - ED XR6 Engine, 5spd, LSD, 17" Rims, Lowered
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Falcon XF

SA, Australia

Purchased this car just recently as a daily driver while I sorted out how much it was gonna cost to repair my XR6T.

The time has come now to move it on so I can fix that car.

1989 EA Falcon
Registered Till June
ED XR6 Tickford Engine
Stage 2 Crow Cam
5spd Manual
Herrod Extractors
Sports Exhaust
Lowered
Sports Dash
XR6 Rear Lip Spoiler
Pod Filter
NA (?) Fairlane/EA Fairmont interior
17" AUII Tickford rims with 35mm Hub adapters
Dual Fuel (LPG Fitted 2007)

Bad Points:
The car has been resprayed in Phantom Purple, but the paint and body are now very average. Bumpers are in cardinal Red due to removing a body kit from the car when I bought it,
The front right mudguard has a dent, back left door is heavily dented, bonnet is in average shape and there is a dent behind the fuel filler cap.
There is also a small amount of rust in both rear wheel arches.
Car is Dual fuel and LPG is in date, but not currently running on petrol (suspected fuel pump)
Two of the Hub adapters only have 3 studs in them (damage from a previous owner). The adapters can be taken to Wheel Worx to have new studs put in, but I haven't got around to doing this yet

Good Points:
Swaybar link bushes have been replaced with Nolothane units (not sure how much else under the car is Nolothane).
Has a couple of months rego left (16th June).
Everything on the sports dash works. These clusters often have issues with the cogs on the Trip and ODO, but both work in this car.
Despite all the dents and stuff, nearly all the parts you will need to get the car straight will be included in the sale price (then you just need to paint it!)

Included with the Car:
I have the following parts to be included with the car (parts I was using to straighten it up before a respray)
2 Pairs of straight front guards (one set red, one set cardinal)
EB Bonnet + Grille (Cardinal)
Pair of EB Fairmont Ghia rear doors (electric windows and locking)
Spare bootlid (cardinal Red with Fairmont Ghia garnish)
Pair of Tail Lights (slightly Tinted)
EB Tail lights and Garnish (if you want to convert back end)
Polished Fuel Rail
Spare inlet manifold with throttle body
Spare standard Rocker Cover
Standard Airbox
Recaro Headrests (donut shaped instead of the stock block ones)

This car has been a great reliable daily for me since I bought it. Costs $40 to fill it up from empty on gas, and this gets me around 400km's. The Gearbox is a little tight and can be a bit difficult to get a gear sometimes, but it doesn't make any crunching noises and all the gears work fine. There is a slight droning/whining noise coming from the back of the car, not sure if its the diff or wheel bearings though.

This would suit someone who has the time to do a little prep work and get the car resprayed (will come with all the straight panels you need pretty much, just gotta paint em)

Pretty Firm at $1600, together with rego and rims, and all the spare parts included in the sale, you could easily drive this till the rego runs out and then part it out and make your money back (your looking at $500 for the 5spd conversion, at least $500 for the engine, $500 for the rims, $200 for the shell to scrap and then whatever else you sell off it....easy 2g+ in parts)......If I don't get what I'm looking for, I'll just keep driving it, simple as that really!

Not really looking for swaps because I just wanna get my turbo back on the road, but hey, you can always try!

Prefer to be contacted through PM (my phone is currently cutoff) but you can try calling me on 0415 919 517

Cheers,
Stuart

Projects on the Go:

1981 351 XD Fairmont
2004 BAII XR6 Turbo

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]