This is a complete Exhaust System from after the Cat's to the tailpipe from my EF XR8.
The front half of this system is the exhaust system used in the EB GT, EB XR6, EB XR8, and EF Series II XR8, and I believe the EL GT
In normal factory installations, the Two mufflers exit and rejoin over the diff leading to a single 2.5 in tailpipe.
I have had a Dual 2.25in Rear section made up to suit the car and is just 7 months old.
This is 2.25 in from each muffler through to the back of the car. The passenger side pipe is not mandrel bent
There is no rear muffler in this system, however it had a great note (not too loud) and passed the SAF Factor (Spouse approval)
This system may also suit EB and ED vehicles - as the floorpan is the same. I cannot guarantee fit though for the rear section.
The system is a genuine bolt-on. I removed it as is from the vehicle without cutting however you will need to undo the watts linkages to allow the diff to drop enough to get the rear pipe over the diff.
Mufflers are workable - did not appear to leak while on the car however they are used, and may need to be replaced eventually. This system did pass rego 7 months ago.
Buy now, and save yourself hundreds (between $700 and $1000) in trying to get someone to make a system without using the correct heat shielding
System Consists of :
1. Factory Tickford H-Pipe
2. Factory Drivers Side Muffler
3. Factory Passenger Side Muffler, including factory heat shielding for the Fuel lines (See pic for shield on top of mufflers and pipe)
4. Factory Passenger side Muffler Hanger from EFII XR8 (held on with 6 rivets to the body) to securely hold the muffler (not just tek-screwed to the body)
5. Factory Passenger side heat shield for the fuel lines above the diff where they connect to the hard-lines. (From the brake distribution block across to the chassis rail)
6. Hanger Bracket for the Passenger side (Drivers side hanger is not included - use your own)
Ebay -> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260981449760
Last bumped by Nigel on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:36 am.
|Who is online|
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests