Post subject: EF XR body kit
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hello everyone

I have had these parts sitting in my garage for a while and since I don't plan on putting it on, it is up for sale.

These are genuine front and rear skirts and door moulds. Side skirts are fibreglass and I have cut it to extend it another inch since it was a little bit short to fit. It will be sold as is unless you want me to fibreglass it back together with the extra inch for an extra cost. It has a coat of undercoat.

Rear skirt still has their bolts attached but has had a chunk cut out of it for a dual exhaust system by the previous owner. I was going to patch this up but wasn't going to do it until it was fitted to the bar. Since it was never fitted it was never fixed. It is a 2 part rear skirt for a tow bar...I am sure it is possible to fill in if you have the know how or money to get someone else to do.

If you don't have a tow bar and want a dual exhaust system, you can get a custom exhaust system made up so that a 2" pipe runs behind the bar with a 90 degree bend for the exhaust outlet. It is T'ed off your original exhaust after the rear axle.

Front skirt is still in good shape, however the bolts have rusted and snapped off. Not sure if previous owner snapped them or the one before him. But I am sure it was held onto the bar by sikaflex. You can get the bolts removed and new ones epoxied/plastic welded back in or just screw straight into it from behind the bar.

Both skirts do not have any undercoating. It is still painted in white (not sure what colour code) and have cracks in them. So a full sanding back, installation and repainting is required.

Door moulds are still in good nick with a coat of undercoat...the only parts that are actually in one piece.

Sorry there is no spoiler.

I have attached photos, but if anyone wants to have a closer look we can organize something.

Please note...rear bar is not for sale.

I am asking for $450 ONO.

Regards
Phong

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Last bumped by phongus on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:49 pm.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]