Fordmods Logo

FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Double Valve S 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Double Valve S
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Up for sale is the engine and transmission freshly removed from my vehicle.

The bottom end is standard - not sure how many kms it's done as the instrument cluster in my vehicle is not the original one, previous owner claims they rebuilt it. I have been running it on Penrite HPR GAS 10 engine oil and K&N oil filters.
The head is a Tickford 94DT (which is one of the best XR6 heads), it has been reconditioned 10,000kms ago with some minor headwork, Wade Cams 1636 regrind camshaft (it is a torquey low to mid range power cam - see http://www.wadecams.com/ for more details), an extra set of genuine Ford hydraulic lash adjuster shims fitted, Crow Cams Double Valve Springs ( http://www.crowcams.com.au/search.aspx? ... MK=12&PC=0 ) and ACL Race Series BR520GTR Composite Headgasket ( http://www.aclperformance.com.au/Ford4. ... askets.htm ).
Also have for extra a BTR 4 speed automatic transmission and torque converter (and a spare AU bell housing) - not sure on the kms of this assume would be same as the bottom end. Includes the dipstick, selector and knob etc. The rear extension housing seal needs to be replaced (about $5.00 to $10.00 at an auto store) as it's leaking a bit.
Attached to the engine are most of the accessories such as BBM, coil pack and ignition leads, etc. There is also a spare AU flywheel (for an automatic transmission).

Reason for sale is that I've fitted an AU VCT XR6 engine with a fair bit of work done to it and a manual gearbox now instead.

Price is $500.00 firm.

Image Image
Image Image

Last edited by twr7cx on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I also have a brand new unused (still sealed in the original packaging) Crow Cams CS6EA-V Adjustable Vernier Cam Gear ( http://www.crowcams.com.au/search.aspx? ... =222&MK=12 ). Includes the fitting instructions in the packaging.

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU series 1 XR6

SA, Australia

how much for the cam gear???

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

how much would it cost to get it to VIC?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

VaNdErS wrote:
how much would it cost to get it to VIC?

No idea, you'd have to ask a freight company.

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

djcustomcomputing wrote:
how much for the cam gear???

$140.00. There RRP is $211.20, and it's brand new still sealed in the original packaging so thats a fair saving.

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

SOLD!

Post subject: Re: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Double Valve S
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:

The bottom end is standard - not sure how many kms it's done as the instrument cluster in my vehicle is not the original one, previous owner claims they rebuilt it. I have been running it on Penrite HPR GAS 10 engine oil and K&N oil filters.
The head is a Tickford 94DT (which is one of the best XR6 heads), it has been reconditioned 10,000kms ago with some minor headwork, Wade Cams 1636 regrind camshaft (it is a torquey low to mid range power cam - see http://www.wadecams.com/ for more details), an extra set of genuine Ford hydraulic lash adjuster shims fitted, Crow Cams Double Valve Springs ( http://www.crowcams.com.au/search.aspx? ... MK=12&PC=0 ) and ACL Race Series BR520GTR Composite Headgasket ( http://www.aclperformance.com.au/Ford4. ... askets.htm ).
Also have for extra a BTR 4 speed automatic transmission and torque converter (and a spare AU bell housing) - not sure on the kms of this assume would be same as the bottom end. Includes the dipstick, selector and knob etc. The rear extension housing seal needs to be replaced (about $5.00 to $10.00 at an auto store) as it's leaking a bit.
Attached to the engine are most of the accessories such as BBM, coil pack and ignition leads, etc. There is also a spare AU flywheel (for an automatic transmission).

Reason for sale is that I've fitted an AU VCT XR6 engine with a fair bit of work done to it and a manual gearbox now instead.

Price is $500.00 firm.

Image Image
Image Image

is this engine sold?

Post subject: Re: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Double Valve S
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:

Price is $500.00 firm.

Image Image
Image Image

is this engine sold?

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

It is, could you increase your signature pictures a bit bigger for me please - there's still a bit of space left on my screen.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 XG ute

QLD, Australia

hey guys sorry to interrupt but what do you recckon is a fair price for an el xr6 head-from wrecker, supposed to be in good order, of a runnig car....?
cheers

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

984.OEL wrote:
hey guys sorry to interrupt but what do you recckon is a fair price for an el xr6 head-from wrecker, supposed to be in good order, of a runnig car....?
cheers

$300.00 to $400.00 IMO. Here I sold an entire Tickford engine complete which has more performance mods for only $500.00.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
984.OEL wrote:
cheers

$300.00 to $400.00 IMO. Here I sold an entire Tickford engine complete which has more performance mods for only $500.00.

cheers.. he'll give it to me for $220, which i thought was a bit of a bargain; then again, it could have 500000 clocked up...if he still has it friday(payday) i'm there.
$500 good for whole donk! but my engine is only 155000 old so get a bit of work done to the new head, new gasket, all set.....

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

just got it. $220, 94dt nice and square... black as valves tho....and no rocker cover..oh well can't have everything. anyone worked one of these? what'd you do.....?

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

984.OEL wrote:
just got it. $220, 94dt nice and square... black as valves tho....and no rocker cover..oh well can't have everything. anyone worked one of these? what'd you do.....?

Time for you to do some reading. And you'd be better off starting a new thread than posting in this one, I doubt anyone else is reading this thread.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]