Fordmods Logo

FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Double Valve S 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Double Valve S
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

Up for sale is the engine and transmission freshly removed from my vehicle.

The bottom end is standard - not sure how many kms it's done as the instrument cluster in my vehicle is not the original one, previous owner claims they rebuilt it. I have been running it on Penrite HPR GAS 10 engine oil and K&N oil filters.
The head is a Tickford 94DT (which is one of the best XR6 heads), it has been reconditioned 10,000kms ago with some minor headwork, Wade Cams 1636 regrind camshaft (it is a torquey low to mid range power cam - see http://www.wadecams.com/ for more details), an extra set of genuine Ford hydraulic lash adjuster shims fitted, Crow Cams Double Valve Springs ( http://www.crowcams.com.au/search.aspx? ... MK=12&PC=0 ) and ACL Race Series BR520GTR Composite Headgasket ( http://www.aclperformance.com.au/Ford4. ... askets.htm ).
Also have for extra a BTR 4 speed automatic transmission and torque converter (and a spare AU bell housing) - not sure on the kms of this assume would be same as the bottom end. Includes the dipstick, selector and knob etc. The rear extension housing seal needs to be replaced (about $5.00 to $10.00 at an auto store) as it's leaking a bit.
Attached to the engine are most of the accessories such as BBM, coil pack and ignition leads, etc. There is also a spare AU flywheel (for an automatic transmission).

Reason for sale is that I've fitted an AU VCT XR6 engine with a fair bit of work done to it and a manual gearbox now instead.

Price is $500.00 firm.

Image Image
Image Image

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Last edited by twr7cx on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

I also have a brand new unused (still sealed in the original packaging) Crow Cams CS6EA-V Adjustable Vernier Cam Gear ( http://www.crowcams.com.au/search.aspx? ... =222&MK=12 ). Includes the fitting instructions in the packaging.

Image

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 350

Joined: 23rd May 2008

Ride: AU series 1 XR6

Location: hartley
SA, Australia

how much for the cam gear???
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 4

Joined: 21st Nov 2006

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

how much would it cost to get it to VIC?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

VaNdErS wrote:
how much would it cost to get it to VIC?


No idea, you'd have to ask a freight company.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:40 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

djcustomcomputing wrote:
how much for the cam gear???


$140.00. There RRP is $211.20, and it's brand new still sealed in the original packaging so thats a fair saving.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

SOLD!

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Double Valve S
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:42 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Up for sale is the engine and transmission freshly removed from my vehicle.

The bottom end is standard - not sure how many kms it's done as the instrument cluster in my vehicle is not the original one, previous owner claims they rebuilt it. I have been running it on Penrite HPR GAS 10 engine oil and K&N oil filters.
The head is a Tickford 94DT (which is one of the best XR6 heads), it has been reconditioned 10,000kms ago with some minor headwork, Wade Cams 1636 regrind camshaft (it is a torquey low to mid range power cam - see http://www.wadecams.com/ for more details), an extra set of genuine Ford hydraulic lash adjuster shims fitted, Crow Cams Double Valve Springs ( http://www.crowcams.com.au/search.aspx? ... MK=12&PC=0 ) and ACL Race Series BR520GTR Composite Headgasket ( http://www.aclperformance.com.au/Ford4. ... askets.htm ).
Also have for extra a BTR 4 speed automatic transmission and torque converter (and a spare AU bell housing) - not sure on the kms of this assume would be same as the bottom end. Includes the dipstick, selector and knob etc. The rear extension housing seal needs to be replaced (about $5.00 to $10.00 at an auto store) as it's leaking a bit.
Attached to the engine are most of the accessories such as BBM, coil pack and ignition leads, etc. There is also a spare AU flywheel (for an automatic transmission).

Reason for sale is that I've fitted an AU VCT XR6 engine with a fair bit of work done to it and a manual gearbox now instead.

Price is $500.00 firm.

Image Image
Image Image

is this engine sold?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Double Valve S
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:42 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Up for sale is the engine and transmission freshly removed from my vehicle.

The bottom end is standard - not sure how many kms it's done as the instrument cluster in my vehicle is not the original one, previous owner claims they rebuilt it. I have been running it on Penrite HPR GAS 10 engine oil and K&N oil filters.
The head is a Tickford 94DT (which is one of the best XR6 heads), it has been reconditioned 10,000kms ago with some minor headwork, Wade Cams 1636 regrind camshaft (it is a torquey low to mid range power cam - see http://www.wadecams.com/ for more details), an extra set of genuine Ford hydraulic lash adjuster shims fitted, Crow Cams Double Valve Springs ( http://www.crowcams.com.au/search.aspx? ... MK=12&PC=0 ) and ACL Race Series BR520GTR Composite Headgasket ( http://www.aclperformance.com.au/Ford4. ... askets.htm ).
Also have for extra a BTR 4 speed automatic transmission and torque converter (and a spare AU bell housing) - not sure on the kms of this assume would be same as the bottom end. Includes the dipstick, selector and knob etc. The rear extension housing seal needs to be replaced (about $5.00 to $10.00 at an auto store) as it's leaking a bit.
Attached to the engine are most of the accessories such as BBM, coil pack and ignition leads, etc. There is also a spare AU flywheel (for an automatic transmission).

Reason for sale is that I've fitted an AU VCT XR6 engine with a fair bit of work done to it and a manual gearbox now instead.

Price is $500.00 firm.

Image Image
Image Image

is this engine sold?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

It is, could you increase your signature pictures a bit bigger for me please - there's still a bit of space left on my screen.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 46

Posts: 104

Joined: 9th Jul 2009

Ride: 1995 XG ute

Location: gold coast
QLD, Australia

hey guys sorry to interrupt but what do you recckon is a fair price for an el xr6 head-from wrecker, supposed to be in good order, of a runnig car....?
cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

984.OEL wrote:
hey guys sorry to interrupt but what do you recckon is a fair price for an el xr6 head-from wrecker, supposed to be in good order, of a runnig car....?
cheers


$300.00 to $400.00 IMO. Here I sold an entire Tickford engine complete which has more performance mods for only $500.00.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 46

Posts: 104

Joined: 9th Jul 2009

Ride: 1995 XG ute

Location: gold coast
QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
984.OEL wrote:
hey guys sorry to interrupt but what do you recckon is a fair price for an el xr6 head-from wrecker, supposed to be in good order, of a runnig car....?
cheers


$300.00 to $400.00 IMO. Here I sold an entire Tickford engine complete which has more performance mods for only $500.00.

cheers.. he'll give it to me for $220, which i thought was a bit of a bargain; then again, it could have 500000 clocked up...if he still has it friday(payday) i'm there.
$500 good for whole donk! but my engine is only 155000 old so get a bit of work done to the new head, new gasket, all set.....
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 46

Posts: 104

Joined: 9th Jul 2009

Ride: 1995 XG ute

Location: gold coast
QLD, Australia

just got it. $220, 94dt nice and square... black as valves tho....and no rocker cover..oh well can't have everything. anyone worked one of these? what'd you do.....?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [TAS]: EF XR6 94DT engine + Wade 1636 cam + Crow Cam Doub
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

984.OEL wrote:
just got it. $220, 94dt nice and square... black as valves tho....and no rocker cover..oh well can't have everything. anyone worked one of these? what'd you do.....?


Time for you to do some reading. And you'd be better off starting a new thread than posting in this one, I doubt anyone else is reading this thread.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:03 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names