Fordmods Logo

FS [NSW]: EOI: AU motor, fully rebuilt 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: FS [NSW]: EOI: AU motor, fully rebuilt
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: f6 rspec

NSW, Australia

After my car being torched, i can't see myself buying another faclon for now.

The problem i face now is, what to do with the engine i have built?

Basic history was, i bought it from a wrecker, less then 100000k's and i rebuilt it from scratch.

New rings, bearings, block chemicallly cleaned and honed professionally, crank linished and cleaned, pistons cleaned and re oiled, new JM oil pump, new headgasket, head bolts, i used a full gasket rebuild kit, so the motor is all fresh.

The engine will include a modified sump (to suit e series) which cost me $250 alone.

The head has been sent off, fully serviced and ported. (all $700 worth)

The engine is pretty much back together now, but i have no car to put it in, so im considering selling it as is to help fund a new car.

anyone got any ideas what someone would pay for this?

I see Au motors with the sump go for $660 on ebay, and thats not rebuilt. So im guessing mines worth abit more?

thanks.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I think about $700ish. The reason people pay more from wreckers if for the warranty. Unfortunately you can't offer a warranty so the selling price will be hindered as such.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

sorry about the misfortune but you've came up at the right time for me haven't you mate..

there is a rebuilt one on ebay going for 1 grand or thereabouts, similar to yours although less work done to the block but more to the head..

i was considering driving down to melbourne and doing a deal to install it down there so i could drive back up, you being in sydney makes it a lot easier.

drop us a pm if you would like, definietely interested but being on a budget there is no way you are going to get back what you payed for it off me, my offer would be around about what mooseman was saying. Of course this is all EOI and i'd like to discuss a fair few things with you before comitting... I'd take that clutch off you too.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]