FS [VIC]: EOI - My Au falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: EOI - My Au falcon
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

Considering selling my AU but im too poor to buy another car then put this on the market afterwards (im stepping back in time car wise to help pay off debts)

Description:

1999 Au Falcon forte with 190,000kms. Originally from the NT so largely open highway kms. September Rego. Located in Upper Ferntree Gully

I have been meticulous with replacing everything as soon as I think there might be a problem. Sensors etc that have been replaced recently (within a year) include: O2 sensor, T-MAP sensor, TPS and IAC, spark leads, spark plugs.

It has Tickford springs all around which are lowered to suit the Au, has Pedders Sports rider shocks in the rear and Tickford shocks in the front. It is riding on 17" Tickford series 1 rims with 4 roadworthy tyres (although on of the rears is mis-matched, but this is legal).

A T3 TE50 front and rear bar really set it apart from other Au's and in my opinion address the major issues with the Au's look. After market head lights look like an XR at night and all around better than stock too. I would have loved to have finished the kit off with the skirts and rear wing but I just dont have the funds.

A T5 manual that is INCREDIBLY rare in Au non-XR's and even hard to find in any AU 6. This box is NOT the same as an e-series as the Au box is longer. I found this out the hard way, when the car was bought I expected to just do an easy swap as the one which was in it needed new synchros. Since I couldnt find one I purchased a professionally reconditioned box which has been excellent to me and has done no more than 20,000 KMS since it was installed. ($1200 for this alone) The clutch has only done about 15,000 kms and will probably last for the life of the car.

All mods listed in my Sig are still in the car. Here is a copy anyway:
Tickford 4L - Pod - Custom Stainless Intake - SS Inductions Throttle body - Ph4480's - 3" 200CPSI Hi flow cat - Custom Exhaust - T5 - Exedy HD clutch - SVI LPG - Premium sound - T3 TE50 kit - Bollé Tint - Full XR8 interior

Sound system cost over $1000. Two 12" 500w RMS subs with a 1000W RMS amp. 7" double din screen head unit. cadence front speakers and sound stream rears.

XR8 interior is much nicer than standard ones and its in quite good condition all around. This includes Tickford sports cluster with oil pressure and volt gauge included on face.

The tickford motor was dropped in only 2,000 KMS ago and had around 110,000 when professionally installed. These motors feature a more aggressive cam, better flowing ports and larger valves. Great motors to be modded however this one is currently un-opened.

Aircon compressor and receiver/drier were replaced 6 months ago along with a regas - air con is now nice and cold :-)

Points that require addressing:

The LPG is currently not working so I need to find a mechanic who knows this system.

Idle issue which ive managed to tweak into being quite minor - am checking for codes tomorrow.

The alternator light pops on sometimes which is weird as it is still charging. Ive had this checked by two different auto elecs and they say its a fault within the alternators switch so replacing it should fix the light but they confirm that is is charging just fine so I havent replaced it.

Leaking heater core You could probably replace this yourself if you know how to remove the dash but ive just had the heater bypassed so its not leaking, I dont usually use the heater anyway.

Overall this car has a few issues but is running fine on petrol. Im still using it to get to work and wouldnt be selling if I didnt need the money. Ive spent a lot of money upgrading this car to a point where I was happy with it. Ive come close with just a few things left to go.

Car will come with the Au brake upgrade package which allows you to fit any brakes that are fitted to late model Au's, ba, bf and territory's as a direct bolt on. I also have a J3 which will come with the car, the ECU has been modified to allow J3 access - required some internal soldering to activate port for use.

I know I am starting high here but it is owes me A LOT more as with any modified car I guess.

Asking $6000 as is, I will get RWC for anyone interested for $6300 regardless of whats required however I will require a deposit as they are only valid for 30 days and I dont want to have to get it twice. If the RWC is less than $300 I will only add what it cost, of course receipt will be provided so you can see what has been done.

Will also consider swaps for EB or ED Ghia or early 90's patrol/pajero/cruiser with cash transfer dependant on car obviously.

Pics- If there is interest I will add more

These are the old rims - now has Genuine Tickford rims. (Tyres much cheaper for 17's!!!)
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo23 ... C00990.jpg

Note that the rocker cover is red. This is the old non-tickford motor, new one has genuine tickford red painted cover.
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo23 ... 162712.jpg

The rear bar now has twin 3" tips to suit
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo23 ... 123731.jpg

PM if you have any more questions.

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]