Fordmods Logo

FS [QLD]: f.s xh 2 xr8 ute rolling shell with 2 motors. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: f.s xh 2 xr8 ute rolling shell with 2 motors.
Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: mitsubishi,lancer

QLD, Australia

For sale

I have a 1997 ford falcon xh xr8 series 2 Ute rolling shell with a 347 stroke not running and the original 5 litter motor not running. For sale. And is located in Port Douglas QLD

The vehicle for sale is a repairable write off due to insurance cost to rebuild motor exceeded insured value of car,

Reason for repairable write off is gone thru a causeway and a water bow wave caused water to enter cold air intake. The car went thru ok but when the car went up the hill on the other side water drained from the air box and unfortunately water got in to the intake and flooded several cylinders and hydraulic cylinder 1.The water in the cause way was not too deep only up to the wheel nuts and no water got in the cabin just in the engine.

The Ute is forest green and is in good condition needs TLC, with a 5 speed with new clutch and a 5 speed out of xr6 turbo(untested) and a 3.45 LSD and has the following mods done to it
modded door trims unfinshed.

Completely lowered by peddlers with coil over front suspension

Custom exhaust system with twin 2 1/2in duel pipes, hi flow cats, 2 straight thru mufflers and pacemakers extractors.

4 koya rush 19 inch chrome wheels with Yokohama avan performance tires with apx 70% tred. shown in photo

also Comes with standard 16 inch xr8 wheels with tires, will need new tires.

Ute was resprayed 4 years ago and Ute has been sitting in garage for 2 years.

Auto meter phantom 2 Monster tachometer, vipec v44 computer.80% tune for 347

The original 5 liter motor is in bits , but needs a rebuild.

There is also a 347 stroke engine but needs a rebuild and is missing the following

Pistons, harmonic balancer bolt and washer,2 roller rockers, bearings and rings

The 347 stroker includes the following parts.

302 Windsor Engine block prepped for a 347 stroker

347 crank, H beam rods , meling oil pump, strait cut timing gears , pro comp alloy heads 210cc intake with 60cc chambers 2.02 intake valve 1.6 exhaust valve,stainless valves,double springs,rail type roller rockers missing 2,trick flow box r 90mm upper and lower manifold ,90 mm holly throttle body,trick flow fuel rails set up with pressure reg,55 lb/hr injectors,alloy rocker covers,msd coil,msd rotor and cap,msd leads and a 100mm intake pipe with k&n pod filter.
Attachment:
08092010014.jpg
08092010014.jpg [ 81.6 KiB | Viewed 101 times ]

Attachment:
08092010018.jpg
08092010018.jpg [ 70.49 KiB | Viewed 112 times ]

Attachment:
08092010022.jpg
08092010022.jpg [ 74.77 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]

$6000 ono
will not sep

Car is sold as is were is (pickup only)

For more info contact me on 0435372175 or email at robertcooper529@hotmail.com

I believe i am the 4th owner of the Ute i got it in 05/06 in standard form and had since spent thousands $$ in modifications
the Ute was purchased new in Vic then bought buy a persons father i went to school with , then buy another person i went to school with before i purchased it it had 90.000 on clock .

the 347 was being tuned at cape york auto and when they where doing the idle tune the motor lost compression in one cylinder and was shut down on inspection it was found the piston ring land broke and scored the bore in cylinder 7 it was also found the valves where just touching the pistons in some cylinders , this motor was purchased as a long motor from a speed supplies shop in sydney but was never built write as evidence showed when it was dismantalled after speaking with cape york auto they said that the motor just needed to be built properly and quoted me $4k at the time as an approximate rebuild cost due to lack of funds at the time could not rebuild motor and dealing with a speed supplies shop in sydney was like fighting with a brick wall.

during the tune the tuner had trouble with the original CPU so it was replaced by the vipec v44 the computer has an incomplete tune for a 347 i believe the idle mapping was only left , even with the motor internally poor build it still got a dyno read out of 325hp @ wheels ( i have dyno sheet )

the Ute has had the front bar and bonnet replaced ( still has original front guards) after i slide side ways in the wet on a corner and tore the front bar and bent the front lip on the bonnet on a guard rail ( original bonnet has been repaired and is put aside ) and broke drivers light assemble as i was going slow damage was minimal but on large parts no internal structure was damaged or moved only drivers side front bar mount had to be straitened i have photos of stages of repairs.

While the Ute was at the tuners it was reversed into in the workshop and dinted in the rear panel behind the rear wheel arch on the passenger side due to the area the dint was , the side panel was replaced ( i don't have any photos as the shop sent it out to be repaired )

the Ute has been a passion project for me and i am only selling as i don't have the finances to finish building it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]