Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Blue FBT in NSW - $26,500
KMs: 100,000
Colour: Blue
Link: http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales ... odel_id=39

Very nice car, these things are starting to pop up now, and prices are getting better too.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

Very very nice, if i am not mistaken this car is for sale on paramatta road. I was wondering about the price of it, now i know. Looks evn better in the metal.
Shame that i don't even have close to this much money? :(

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NL 347, Landau

SA, Australia

I thought about this one when I was buying mine - but I had already struck a deal on my FBT.
Shane

Weapons of choice
1998 NL Fairlane by Tickford 033
1996 NL Fairlane Ghia 347
1992 NC Fairlane Ghia 5.0
1974 Landau
1974 LTD

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

holy s**t daniel, i was thinking you were selling yours for a min there, i was thinking "s**t whats going on here"....
but yeah seems like a nice ride, looked at yours and have kinda taken a liking to em.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

MrLandau wrote:
I thought about this one when I was buying mine - but I had already struck a deal on my FBT.
Shane

How much did you get your's? If you don't mind me asking?
Have you got some pics?
:lol: Starting to like these cars

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

MrLandau wrote:
Shane

Ah k, 1st ive seen of this one!

I find it interesting how they are becoming more popular now, not to say there is lots out there lol - which is a v good thing for us 2nd hand car buyers.

Id love to see some new pics of your fbt soon shane, if youve taken delivery. :)

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba falcon

WA, Australia

isnt that expensive? i mean huge jump in price over a fairlane ghia they cant be that much better?

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

na2fairlane wrote:
isnt that expensive? i mean huge jump in price over a fairlane ghia they cant be that much better?

They do have a bit more specs then a ghia=
This long wheelbase forerunner to the TL50 was a very special limited edition apart from its tiny 106 production run. It was effectively a long wheelbase version of the EL GT but there were key mechanical differences as it became the first local Ford to offer the US Explorer's revised Windsor V8 with the GT40P heads. It is sometimes known as the Fairlane 195.
The special engine in this model featured the GT40P heads, the revised Explorer upper and lower inlet manifolds, 65 mm throttle body, 70 mm airflow meter, Motorsport injectors and special extractors. Torque was lifted to a hefty 410 Nm, a welcome boost for a model that was as spacious and luxuriously-equipped as this one.

The exterior was dominated by a more purposeful mesh grille and the large flat-spoked 17 inch alloy wheels. Combined with its lower ride height, there was no mistaking it for an everyday Fairlane on VIP duty.

The GT theme extended to the interior which included sports-contoured front seats, leather and wood-rimmed Momo 4 spoke steering wheel and leather trim accents on doors, dash and centre console. Walnut inserts matching the Momo wheel were added to the door tops and T-bar surround while door handles were polished chrome. A premium 250 Watt 9 speaker audio system and alarm were also standard. This premium model came only in Navy Blue or Regency Red.

Specifications

Engine

Fairlane 195kW: Windsor 5-litre V8, OHV, electronic multi-point fuel injection, 9.00:1 compression, GT-40P Explorer heads, roller rockers, special camshaft, upgraded 65mm throttle body and engine management system, electronic ignition, low restriction extractor exhaust system, 195kW @4700rpm, 410Nm @ 3900rpm (net)

Transmission

BTR M97LE, electronic 4 speed auto, GT Adaptive Shift Strategy, T-Bar shift.
Ratios 1st 2.39:1 - 2nd 1.45:1 - 3rd 1.00:1 - 4th - 0.68:1
Reverse 2.09:1
Rear axle: 3.45:1, LSD

Suspension

Front: Independent, upper and lower wishbones with urethane inner bushes, unique coil spring/strut-type dampers, GT camber and castor kit and 28 mm anti-roll bar. Modified spindle to accommodate bigger brakes.
Rear: Live axle, upper and lower longitudinal arms, transverse Watts linkage, unique variable-rate coil springs and dampers, 24 mm anti-roll bar, tuned urethane upper and lower trailing arm bushes, delete self-levelling.

Brakes

Front ventilated 329mm discs, PBR twin piston Cobra calipers, rear solid 299 mm discs. ABS

Wheels

17" x 7.5" Speedline 6-spoke alloy
Tyres 225/45R17 Michelin Pilot SXGT

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Nope, not really na2... haha

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yes - the car is in my driveway at home but I am still at work until monday so I haven't had a chance to play with it. Mine cost me 18K and $600 to send it to Adelaide from Brisbane.
Shane

Weapons of choice
1974 Landau
1974 LTD

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Daniel wrote:
MrLandau wrote:
Shane

Ah k, 1st ive seen of this one!

I find it interesting how they are becoming more popular now, not to say there is lots out there lol - which is a v good thing for us 2nd hand car buyers.

Id love to see some new pics of your fbt soon shane, if youve taken delivery. :)

There is another one in Brisbane with 30000kms on it for $27000 as well. Navy Blue....Unsure of number though. :roll:
Shane

Weapons of choice
1974 Landau
1974 LTD

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Awesome stuff shane!
Im sure you will enjoy looking over it for the 1st time, playing with all the new things and being happily suprised as you discover many small improvements and features they have over std fairlanes.
As i said pics will be great when you get around to it, i understand you cant do it till your home n rested, der :P
I still think your (and mine i guess) fbt was a great pickup, for 17 and 18k - laughing! :P 8-) :) :D :twisted:

Last edited by Daniel on Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

well i know i would rather buy a fairlane ghia for 15 grand or less and have 10 grand to spend on it my way

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

na2fairlane wrote:
well i know i would rather buy a fairlane ghia for 15 grand or less and have 10 grand to spend on it my way

Personal pref buddy - altho the 26k price is at the higher end of the bracket!
Remember i picked mine up for 17k, 88,000kms in perfect condit.
Also these will hold their value ****loads more than a modded normal fairlane, only 106 made - ive already heard of 4 or so written off, so id guess less than 100 on the roads now or close to it!
Also dont forget your getting decent stuff, not just a set of aftermarket rims, they are speedline rims, from italy who also make ferari rims!
Engine has many upgrades on it, plus zorst and comes with stock stainless extractors.
Interior is 100x better than the normal fairlane one in comfort level and the adaptive auto is a god send if your not a fan of manuals or cant drive one long term like me (fooked left knee)
Not to mention smaller things like the grille, steering wheel, brakes, suspension, diff, steering and god knows what else upgrade - its a GT, why would you turn down a el gt compared to a nf or nl fairlane ghia is beyond me hehe!
Personal pref as i said. :wink:

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

i can definatly see the extra value in buying one at 17 grand but.. buddy that car is 9 grand overpriced and nothing about it should make it worth 9 grand more than yours.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next