Fordmods Logo

FS [NSW]: FREE 3 x E series Auto's, EF engine $150 Newcastle 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: FREE 3 x E series Auto's, EF engine $150 Newcastle
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II Ghia

NSW, Australia

I have 3 gear box's up for grabs, obviously not 100% working which is why they are free.

I think someone should be able to get at least one working gear box out of the lot.

I don't know how these gear boxes work but they all have a different problem;

1 gear box was working fine, pulled out with the engine out of a 390,000km EF II fairmont ghia, it was still working fine but had an occasional grone when shifting into 4th, it would happen once every few weeks... this gear box was left out in the weather to rot for over a year now with nothing to plug the holes up with, I don't know if just draining the oil will be fine and get it working again. Whole gear box is dry and not leaking.

2nd gear box from an 230,000km EL was working fine when I did an engine/transmission swap into my EF fairmont ^^ for 4,000km's then it started slipping on a 100km drive from Sydney then completely stopped moving the car at all once it stopped in my drive way. In the peak hour traffic while I was in Sydney I found turning the car off and back on was stopping it slipping for 15minutes or so... Clutch bands maybe? extension housing is wet looking.

3rd gear box is out of dads car, pulled out at 215,000km's because it was leaking fluid everywhere and it shifts very hard from 1st to 2nd. This gear box has the dip stick in the side and had to be filled before driving but otherwise it moved the car fine and was drivable... Solenoids maybe? whole bottom of the gear box is wet.

All come with stall converters. Pick up preferred but I can tow these to someone for $$

Also have an EF engine with 215,000km's for $150
Looks a bit wet around the sump gasket but otherwise works and drives great, will get a photo of it this after noon or tonight

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]