FS [VIC]: FS: ED GLi Turbo, 5PSI - LPG (280km to $35) $3200 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: FS [VIC]: FS: ED GLi Turbo, 5PSI - LPG (280km to $35) $3200
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Hey Guys,

I have my daily driven ED GLi Turbo for sale.

The car's done just under 200,000km and is overall in pretty decent nick. Was owned by my cousin for 10 years who fastidiously maintained it from top to bottom, inside and out. He kept it in good nick even with 3 kids. It's always had the best in servicing and it's been done on time all the time.

I bought it in July and put it on gas straight away. It has a reco tank with 10 years left on it, B2 converter less than 5000km old and a 225 mixer which I put in after the turbo conversion. Runs A+++ mint on gas, like a factory setup. You can spank it anywhere and it'll just go and go without fukking up. Performance suffers on the warmer days but that's a characteristic of all turbo cars.

The turbo conversion consists of a small To4 turbo, more than up to it's current task of only 5PSI. It's got a 450x300 FMIC and custom piping all done by Dynomotive. Battery has been relocated to the boot.

It keeps up pretty good with standard LS1's and gives XR6 Turbo's a run for their money. My estimates would put it's quarter mile time in the vicinity of 14.5 or a little better.

Mods other than the turbo conversion are 15" EF/EL Stockies and superlows, and a boost gauge.

Problems - Well quite soon after the turbo gear went on it started leaking a bit of water from underneath the exhaust manifold. It had a dud looking welch plug which I cbf replacing while doing turbo stuff, so I think that might be the culprit. If that's not it it's probably the head gasket, but no water has been through the motor at all, oil and water is clean and not contaminated. Water must be topped up daily to prevent gas converter freezing when the level drops too low. It also leaks a small amount of oil from the oil return which just needs to cleaned up and silastic'd.

Anyways.. some pics.

NO RWC SUPPLIED SO FFS DON'T ASK FOR ONE. JUST DETURBO AND GET A RW. ONE WEEKEND MAX. It'll pass easy without the turbo gear.

SERIOUS ENQUIRIES ONLY - Call Sunny 0423431754 or Gilly 0422162724 PM.

REGO TILL JAN INCLUDED.. I will do a transfer in to purchaser's name which allow 28 days to provide VicRoads with a RWC to complete the full transfer.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Bump. It will be on Carsales tmrw, awaiting approval from the people there before it goes up.

$3500 on there..

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

needfordspeed,

"I will do a transfer in to purchaser's name which allow 28 days to provide VicRoads with a RWC to complete the full transfer."

That bit I'm not sure about, I'm not a serious buyer but I'm just letting you know that when I bought John_LS1's car, I was told that you could do the above by one guy, and every other bloke that was a mechanic at my work said you couldn't do that, and you needed to produce an RWC ALONG WITH THE TRANSFER PAPER'S when transfering the car with VICROADS.

Might be worth a ring to comfirm, and to be honest I can't remember if I rang vic road's or not....

Just a thought to help you out, incase something nasty happens.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

If you ring a certain Vicroads office, needfordspeed will answer the phone. He works there so it is legit.

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
If you ring a certain Vicroads office, needfordspeed will answer the phone. He works there so it is legit.

If that's the case then it should be sweet then :wink:

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

PM/offer sent

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

PM replied to. Would appreciate a quick response as I have other parties interested.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]