FS [NSW]: FS XE FALCON TURBO LPG 10 SECOND DAILY DRIVER 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: FS XE FALCON TURBO LPG 10 SECOND DAILY DRIVER
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

NSW, Australia

[center] UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A VERY FAST STREET AND DRAG CAR

TAKE A SEAT, GRAB A DRINK OR COFFEE AND TAKE THE TIME TO READ.

THE CAR
1983 XE FALCON

THE ENGINE
THE ENGINE IS A 4.0 LITRE HYBRID AND COMPLETELY CUSTOMISED

IT IS AN EL BOTTOM END AND AN AU HEAD
The engine has the following modifications
Block:
Hot tanked
Bore and honed
Surface blocked
Resized and aligned hemi rods
Hone s/e chev pins
ARP rod bolts
Custom SPS (special piston service) forged pistons
Timing kit
Vernier adjustable cam gear
complete balancing of the whole engine
custom high energy sump to suit X series falcon

The Head:
Pressure tested
New K line Guides
Cut and resurfaced EA valves
Head surfaced
Custom big cam (sounds like a v8)

Whole engine was dummied before final assembly and as mentioned completely balanced.

THE EXHAUST AND TURBO

The exhaust manifold is a custom built steam pipe manifold.
Jason Ghiller from Tunnel Vision performance built and fabricated the manifold which is ceramic coated.
It houses a GT35 Ball bearing Garrett Turbo with a custom t04z front housing and standard t3 turbine housing

Jason also fabricated the 4 inch dump pipe which is ceramic coated and is thermal tape wrapped.
There is an AFR/Oxy sensor bung with the sensor also wired in to a custom Innovate motorsports gauge.
The exhaust is a custom 3 inch system hand built APE fabrication system all tig welded except for a small part after the dump pipe which I had to change.
The muffler is a Magnaflow hi flow 3 inch unit.
There is a custom resonator hand made by exhaust tech in Adelaide. This is a very large unit, free flowing which resides before the dump pipe. There is a pea shooter at the back to give it that sleeper appeal.
The car has a beautiful note to it during idle and does not attract unwanted attention and perfectly within legal limits.

It also has a turbosmart progate wastegate in 38mm
There is a 21 psi spring in it and the car is tuned all day everyday to run 29-29 psi. There is no rubbish street tune or track tune. Just one tune to suit the car and that is why it runs faultlessly.
Custom screamer pipe for the gate too.
Custom Heat Shield for turbo housing.

Please note: no Cat converter on the exhaust.
Image[/center]
[center]

THE TRANSMISSION
Fully customised and recently rebuilt c4.
Built by Condell Park Transmissions
Full Rebuild pack/kit with new kevlar clutches with a machined pack to house 2 extra clutches.
New Bands and seals all around.
The torque converter is a customised 3,000 stall unit which is matched to suit the Turbo and the Camshaft.
This allows unbelievable drive-ability and yet insane performance for a street car.
There is a new planetary gear which is fully forged with forged gears too and fully rollerised.
It has new seals from front to back and a custom allow larger pan which also houses an autometer sensor and feeds the gauge in the cabin.
There is a custom Dellow bellhousing to suit the EL block.
Will need a very small mod to the breather up the top and I can do this at an extra cost but this does not affect the performance of the car in any way whatsoever.
It has a stage 3 fully customised shift kit and is fully manualised.
Shifts very tight and drives excellent both off boost and on boost.[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
[center]

THE DIFF

The differential is an ED XR6 unit which has been modified recently by Speedy Diffs in Mascot who did a fantastic job.
It is a 3.08 LSD unit with 28 spline axles.
Speedy Diffs went over the whole diff with new bearings, machined cones and tightened the LSD to suit. Very smooth diff, lighter and less power hungry than a 9 inch.
Previously it had a 3.45 ratio which I will include in the sale if you want.
I also have an excellent condition 9 inch to bolt straight in for extra price that can be worked out.

THE LPG
The Lpg system consists of an APA tank which has 8 or more years left on it.
Custom designed to run twin 3/8 inch lines to the twin LG B2 converters which have been modified by Jason Ghiller at Tunnel Vision Performance.
Everything is legitimate and has recently been fully complianced in NSW
It has twin lock off's in the rear and twin lock off's at the front.
It has a customised Gas research Australia 480 Carby.
This car if driven normally returns 400km to a tank on the highway which is impressive for under 70 litres in a 10 second car.[/center]
[center]

THE IGNITION AND TUNING
The ignition is managed by a programmable Haltech ECU.
It also has a near new MSD digital Spark amplifier with a HVCII coil
Custom Ice ignition leads.
The tuning of this car is superb to say the least.
I drove the car back from Melbourne 980kms and it did not hiccup, f@rt, backfire, pop or any other nonsense that highly modified cars do.
Jason Ghiller spent hours getting this car to run perfect both on the strip and on the streets.
It idles and behaves like a normal car in traffic and on the highway and has perfect running temperatures and pressures.
In 30 degree heat or ice cold winters, you can't get the car to misbehave.
On the freeway it maintains perfect AFR's and as mentioned returned 400km to a tank which was approx 15 litres to the 100km.
It has had hours poured into the tuning to get it where it is at and is no Dyno princess which are only good for WOT power runs.[/center]

[center]Image
THE COOLING SYSTEM
Fully customised and hand fabricated APE fabrication Alloy Radiator
Twin thermo fans from a EF customised to suit the radiator.
Custom overflow bottle
Large Intercooler painted black in the front to keep the stealth/sleeper look. Custom piping to hide it all.

The car never heats past half way and always has the best coolant used.

THE WHEELS AND TYRES
The wheels are customised XE-XF snowflake Ghia wheels.
The fronts are normal with the center painted in silver and the lip polished.
The rear is where the attraction is.
They are 8.5 inches wide, custom widened to house a larger dish.
They are one of the giveaways that the car has something special inside.
The tyres are Bridgestone Turanza's in the front which are only 2,000 kms old
The Rear tyres are 275/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET street slicks which are a street legal dot approved tyre.
They have had 4 passes at the strip on them and still have plenty of rubber on them.[/center]
[center]

THE BODY
The body is nothing to drop your jaw about.
It is a 1 owner (previous to me) silver GL body with an S pack strip added to the front spoiler.
It has it's usual 29 year bumps and scratches but looks good from a meter away.
One small rust patch in the front driver guard which I am getting professionally cut and welded with new metal as well as painted.
Don't expect a show winning body but it still pulls a lot of attention wherever it goes.
The engine bay has had a basic rub down and repaint in 2 pack silver to match the body.[/center]
[center]
[/center]
[center]THE INTERIOR
Standard XE S pack interior in excellent condition.
The driver seat has a small tear as pictured but included is original material to repair it. This is how I bought the car from an old man.
It has an innovate motorsports AFR gauge
An Autometer Transmission temperature Gauge
A VDO boost Gauge
All original S pack dash Gauges work
LPG works with the original fuel Gauge.
The center console will not be included as the original Blue one that came with the car will be replaced in it.[/center]

[center]Image[/center]
[center]

THE SUSPENSION
King springs in the front and back
Front are raised by 1.5 inches and were ultra lows. this is way too low for street use and is darn uncomfortable. The way it sits now makes for a very smooth ride.
The rears are still Ultra lows.
The shocks are koni adjustables in the front and I forgot the brand of the rears but they are only about 4,000 kms old.
The rear top arms have been replaced only a week ago with Pedders heavy duty units and Pedders bushes. The Lower arms have nolathanes in them about 4,000 kms old too
The car also received a quality wheel alignment by Pedders a week ago and steers perfectly straight

THE PERFORMANCE
Recently ran a 10.7 second quarter mile pass in full street trim at WSID.
This was with a 1.6 60 footer and at 126 mph
The car has never been dyno'd but according to the stats in the quarter mild should have about 550 or so rear wheel horsepower.
It has more in it and will most likely run a very low 10 second pass or better with slicks, a suspension change and perfect conditions.

See videos of the car racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANk39fhJTVQ

THE EXTRAS/ANCILLARIES
Car has a tail shaft safety loop so you can drag it with slicks
Also has custom catch can and intake manifold.
The intake manifold is the same one used to run a 9 second pass in Jason Ghillers original XE turbo falcon
The intake is a 4 inch pipe to a large K & N filter.
The intake manifold, intake pipe, rocker cover have all been thermal resistance coated in satin black which is a medium which repels heat from coming in and also releases heat from within.
The turbo cover has been smoothed and polished.
Wiring has mostly been hidden in the guards
The power steering lines are custom to suit the 4 litre into the X series.

THE CAR HAS A FULL DETAILED HISTORY OF THE BUILD IN THE FOLLOWING THREAD

http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php ... __st__1560

Please have a read of it and see the following history of it.
It is a quality daily driver that will impress to say the least.

I am Selling the car because I have another project under way.
I am not in a rush to sell it so forget about giving stupid offers or telling me what you think it's worth and why.
I know what it costs to build a 10 second car that is completely tame and drivable in the road. This build cost well over $45,000 and that's with a lot of the man hours done by me.
To build something like this forget about spending less.
What I am asking for it is very reasonable.
I will sell for less without the wheels too.
You will have to bring your own or I can supply some rollers.

Please refrain from sending me messages online about the car.
I have listed everything so you can be well informed but would rather you chat to me on the phone, the old fashion way for further information

My number is 0404 899 059

There will be no test drives of the car and viewing is only for serious people willing to meet me at a remote location.

For interstate parties, I am happy to assist with all questions if you call me and can also help with transport to your door or to a depot.
Melbourne CBD is roughly $450.00 and likewise Brisbane CBD.
Other states will be more and best to find out yourselves as I wont chase it up but will assist your drivers.
Will deliver free in NSW within 150 km to CBD

$25,000 for a $45,000 set up is what I am asking. Open to offers or
$22,000 without the wheels.

PAYMENT IS STRICTLY CASH ON PICK UP OR BANK TRANSFER ONLY
THE CAR WILL NOT BE HANDED OVER OR PAPERS SIGNED UNTIL MONEY HAS CLEARED.
NO CHEQUES[/center]
[center]
Please do not waste my time with stupid offers.
I am happy to keep driving it as it is LPG powered, costs me $25.00 to $30.00 every 4 days to drive daily so I am not worried.

Don't flinch or procrastinate as it will sell to the first best offer or interested party that I choose.

Once again, my number is 0404 899 059

This is a performance car for sale in perfect drivable condition. What you do to the car after it is sold is not my responsibility as not everyone knows how to drive or treat a car properly so I cannot warrant how you treat it.
Careful instructions will be given how best to maintain it but it will be your responsibility.
It is registered until December 2012 but will not come with a roadworthy unless organised with me and the custom plates will be changed before selling. This forms part of the sale and plate numbers will have to be organised prior by me once the sale is made.[/center]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]