Fordmods Logo

FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 32

Joined: 18th Jun 2006

Location: Shoalhaven
NSW, Australia

sold

Last edited by GASSED250 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 359

Joined: 22nd Dec 2009

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: el xr6, r33 series 2 skyline

Power: 149 rwkw

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

what sort of power would be expected from this?

 

_________________

God made s**t, Holden put wheels on it

skyline daily
ford building

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 32

Joined: 18th Jun 2006

Location: Shoalhaven
NSW, Australia

depending where you read 700-1000
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

Why has it been only used for 2 hours, and why has it had an 90 degree bend welded to it. It limits the use of intercooler piping.

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 32

Joined: 18th Jun 2006

Location: Shoalhaven
NSW, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
Why has it been only used for 2 hours, and why has it had an 90 degree bend welded to it. It limits the use of intercooler piping.


was set up on an engine then pulled off to get coated/polished, circumstances changed had to sell project


90* bend is there for 2 reasons
1: it eliminates the need to use V bands

2: it points to the front of the car where an intercooler would be located

I cant see how it would limit the use of intercooler piping ??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

GASSED250 wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:
Why has it been only used for 2 hours, and why has it had an 90 degree bend welded to it. It limits the use of intercooler piping.


was set up on an engine then pulled off to get coated/polished, circumstances changed had to sell project


90* bend is there for 2 reasons
1: it eliminates the need to use V bands

2: it points to the front of the car where an intercooler would be located

I cant see how it would limit the use of intercooler piping ??


Fair enough mate.

I was merely asking those questions to help potential buyers. I am sure if I picked up on the elbow, somebody else would have.

The elbow may have been an issue depending on what car it was welded on for. If the project was a falcon I6, then its suited perfect.

Good luck with your sale.

Cheers

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 32

Joined: 18th Jun 2006

Location: Shoalhaven
NSW, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
GASSED250 wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:
Why has it been only used for 2 hours, and why has it had an 90 degree bend welded to it. It limits the use of intercooler piping.


was set up on an engine then pulled off to get coated/polished, circumstances changed had to sell project


90* bend is there for 2 reasons
1: it eliminates the need to use V bands

2: it points to the front of the car where an intercooler would be located

I cant see how it would limit the use of intercooler piping ??


Fair enough mate.

I was merely asking those questions to help potential buyers. I am sure if I picked up on the elbow, somebody else would have.

The elbow may have been an issue depending on what car it was welded on for. If the project was a falcon I6, then its suited perfect.

Good luck with your sale.

Cheers


no worries :wink:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:01 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 32

Joined: 18th Jun 2006

Location: Shoalhaven
NSW, Australia

price dropped to $1000 :cry:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 0

Joined: 28th Aug 2009

Ride: 2004 BA xr6 turbo

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

PM sent mate dibs on it!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FS [NSW]: Garrett GT4202 turbo
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 0

Joined: 28th Aug 2009

Ride: 2004 BA xr6 turbo

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

hey mate is it still for sale as i am very interested in the turbo and need it asap! cheers bud i pm'd u but not sure if u received it could i have a contact number please mate so we can discuss a couple of things cheers bud!
- Jay
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:06 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names